800 Can Am vs Polaris 850XP?

shenry

Reaction score
they would probably hold up not too bad considering that they can take jumps which is a heck of a lot more load that towing any trailer regardless of how fast your going. Think about it:

mass + speed + gravity + height > mass + speed + gravity

just a little engineering for you to consider
My XP can jump too, so can my CR 500, depends how heavy the rider and bike is and how stiff your springs are and travel etc whether or not it bottoms out. Your ride is stiffer and on a lighter bike, and has less travel so makes for a worse ride but you have sporty all wrapped up in a glass house. Soon as you throw a stone at an XP, your glass house falls down. A traxter might be heavy, but it has no power, we don't want to spend an entire weekend watching a traxter make it to the top of a hill. I do some sport riding and the XP is great for that, but if you want to hard core race than your lighter weight and stiffer suspension will win out depending on your skills, one mistake an the XP will make your pipe hole extremly sore, add some utility aspect to the race and your advantages are now disadvantages. So again not interested in your one sided challenge, you should know I have more intelligence than that since I bought an XP...we are very smart people.:d

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't make me drag out the old traxter maxs XT 500 ,because i will and you'll all be introuble that thing will drag any qaud sideways .LMAO:beer::beer:

Don't use up all your trash talking on here Brian. I'm sure once I get my quad you'll need as much trash talking as you can get. Let me start by first saying that whatever tires I buy for my new bike are gonna kick the Shat out of your swamp lites buddy:d:beer: Don't worry shenry he even pisses off fellow can am riders too!

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a guy that has an XP. I bought the Can-Am. I like mine, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy an XP after seeing his in action. I don't see a big difference in the two really.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't use up all your trash talking on here Brian. I'm sure once I get my quad you'll need as much trash talking as you can get. Let me start by first saying that whatever tires I buy for my new bike are gonna kick the Shat out of your swamp lites buddy:d:beer: Don't worry shenry he even pisses off fellow can am riders too!

LMFFCAO First you got to get out,then you got to find your jeans and get rid of your skirt.:eek::beer::beer:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with a guy that has an XP. I bought the Can-Am. I like mine, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy an XP after seeing his in action. I don't see a big difference in the two really.

...... Then let me tell you about mine. :d

jasonrev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMFFCAO First you got to get out,then you got to find your jeans and get rid of your skirt.:eek::beer::beer:

Haha maybe I should keep the stock carlisles on there so your baby v-twin can keep up. Just kidding buddy it's a pretty good bike my kids grampa has the same size:d.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha maybe I should keep the stock carlisles on there so your baby v-twin can keep up. Just kidding buddy it's a pretty good bike my kids grampa has the same size:d.

:shots::comehere:Glad your getting a qaud junior.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depends on what kind of loon sh%t you get into. I have seen quads at these mud bogs that are floating, so if your quad is too light it floats and hence you never touch bottom...no traction so your not going anywhere. Also there are too many variables to say weight is not your friend, especially because your talking about a purpose built utility Quad. Maybe Can Am figured out their quad was floating so they added some weight. Another fact is bouyancy and you have no idea which quad is lighter under water...because that depends on how much water each quad displaces. Water weighs 1000kg/m3 so if you displace a 1000m3 of water your quad will be a 1000kg lighter under water. So if the polaris displaces more volume of water submerged then it's possible that it is lighter under water than the canned ham. If you are in thick mud where bouyancy has no affect then you can lighten your footprint with a wider tire much like a snowshoe keeps you from sinking in the snow but now go to a water hole and you have more bouyancy because you displace more water. So really squabbling about weight in the mud is a mute point and depends on how your quad is set up and what kind of crap you are in. Anything else you would like to laugh about LOL

one really dumb post !!! LOL... Man u are a master at back-pedalling buddy, this and later in the thread you want to race pulling a trailer with bricks, heeheehee. I'll bet you could come up with silly, inconclusive irrelavent self serving facts about every product you own that are designed to illustrate your junk is better than our junk. Your argument really really went south when you commented " we're just smarter". LOL. Glad you like your heavy quad styled with Dodge Caravan mini-van type qualities . Just think if you can gain twenty pounds or so or maybe always ride double when you head into a mud hole, the performance will really shine.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure a lot of posting and not much quad riding here....

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty soon this thread is gonna have to to started over and renamed "850xp CD can am 1000". Can't wait to see those in action.

And still no one will be quad riding.......:eek:

H2O

Reaction score
Well I just got back from some riding...... I think you guys should just get one of each and be done with arguing...
With that said I really don't like any of the Jap bikes they are underpowered pieces of junk... Just kidding!!

Top Bottom