Grizzly or kingquad

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I sold my brute force a couple days ago and trying to decide if a guy should get a grizzly or kingquad 750 ? Tossing around a 700 kodiak as well but not sure on that. Looking for some thoughts on the kingquad mostly. I had a grizzly before and it was a great bike so I kind of know what I am getting there but the kingquad I don’t know much about and I don’t see them out and about either. Wondering if anyone has any real world experience with them? Mostly trials ect so reliably/ ride comfort/ performance in that order is most important to me . I have tossed around the rubicon idea but I don’t think I’d be happy with it from a performance standpoint when I am out riding with friends. Thanks

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should probably note either would be a new unit and the kq would be the 750 version.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think they are both great machines and both haven’t had much of changes ever. I personally am a fane of the grizzly, Yamaha is pretty hard to beat on reliability.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 06 kingquad, I’m very pleased with it, it’s a much better quad after I clutched, piped and chipped it.

I chose the king quad over the grizzly.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't think you will go wrong with either one, i have a king quad 700, never let me down, pretty much gas and oil bought a spare belt just in case, have never used it! keep it close to stock and u likely will never have a problem.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
either one you will be happy with. Tried to get a new Griz last year but could not find one so availability may play a factor

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah , I don’t have a gun to my head to buy one as long as I round one up before camping season. What do you guys think should a guy hold out till spring and hopefully get a bit of a deal maybe or just order something soon . I could order a grizzly and have it by then no problem and o think the Suzuki’s are available now in a few places but at almost 14k + that’s a tough pill to swallow . Seem like everything used is drastically over priced for junk. Why I sold my quad actually, sold it more then I paid new 2 years ago but at least it was a solid well cared for quad just not my cup of tea.

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have owned 3 king quads and I've rode a couple grizzlies before. (Granted they aren't the newest models they don't look to have changed much)
They are probably the two most similar machines out there IMO and if the prices are similar pick the one you like the looks of more lol
The ones I rode the king quad had a firmer feeling suspension and lower sitting position than the grizzly but none really need any extra maintenance apart from the usuals

Zrock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah , I don’t have a gun to my head to buy one as long as I round one up before camping season. What do you guys think should a guy hold out till spring and hopefully get a bit of a deal maybe or just order something soon . I could order a grizzly and have it by then no problem and o think the Suzuki’s are available now in a few places but at almost 14k + that’s a tough pill to swallow . Seem like everything used is drastically over priced for junk. Why I sold my quad actually, sold it more then I paid new 2 years ago but at least it was a solid well cared for quad just not my cup of tea.
Their are going to be no deals on machines for im guessing about 2 years... Their is such a lack of electronic parts that their is a huge line up for machines. Until the supply chain levels out and the manufacturers get caught up and ahead of the game you will see no deals to be had. Every dealer i know has had record sales for the last 2 years with no deals in place

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya they are pricey but depending on your wants, I have a 2014 Griz and totally bullet proof, Kid has a 850 XMR and was about the same dollars but different ride all around. I may sell mine in the spring if i can get a good dollar for it and get a new one and it will be a Griz

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s what I had to , 2014 grizzly 700 great bike. I sold it and got the brute force. Nothing wrong with the bf but seemed crude compared to the grizzly. Ah well see probably make a few calls tomorrow. Thanks all for your advice I probably have to watch some reviews on both but I imagine price/ availability will probably determine what I get because it sounds like both a good machines

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why u want a crappy 1 lung quad? Any v twin is some much better. Any 1000cc will do circles around the old 1 lung . Way better chassis and suspension

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Accessories might be harder to come by for the kingquad if they're less popular. I've definitely noticed with my viking that a lot of accessories are only made for can am or polaris models. I'm sure you could still find everything you need but you might not have the same selection. And same as the other guys, I haven't been on either machine new but based on the old ones I've ridden with I would have no problem getting either.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a 2008 Kingquad 750, 2008 grizzly 700, 2005 kingquad 750. None of them electric start, here’s my take:

Kingquad:
-funner/sporty ride for cruising the trails
-more stable on side hills (new wider grizz likely better)
-better mid/top end

Grizzly:
-better low end
-better designed for mud (a-arms and better protection)

I think you’re crazy to pay over $10k for a kingquad, they are a 15 year old quad. Find a 750 under 2000km used if you can. If I was buying new between those two it would go grizzly purely for resale value. If I was buying a new quad it would be a Can am or Polaris, those twins are addicting.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grizz's were pricey last year and far/few between i could have had 1 out of the Fort for 15+ which was way over for me. Glad i bought my Outty 1k though thing is a beast! But if i was buying new it would be a Grizz 4 sure so many things you can upgrade with ease and aftermarket it's endless. Or simply just get a 4 seater s/s and take all at the same time, but then again riding solo is rewarding as well:) Best of luck on your purchase.

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been checking around. Prices are absolutely insane. Camo kingquad 750 is 15,800 otd with no winch! Grizzly camo is 14, 9xx otd no winch... kodiak 700 green is 13,433 no winch otd. Probably just wait and see if something used comes up.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been checking around. Prices are absolutely insane. Camo kingquad 750 is 15,800 otd with no winch! Grizzly camo is 14, 9xx otd no winch... kodiak 700 green is 13,433 no winch otd. Probably just wait and see if something used comes up.
Yup i hear on that! Thats what i said when i was looking, some people are asking way over for used stuff as well though. What ever happened to be fair to your fellow man?

Top Bottom