RZR OR MAVERICK?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies! That KRX 1000 looks like a nice machine too kinda big and heavy though. But I am definitely leaning toward the RZR 1000 XP

I had a 900xp a few years ago.
It was fantastic. Put almost 7000 km on it

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about the PRO XP. Is the turbo ok going through mud holes and deep water?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's your definition of deep? I'm that loser that drives around the water holes and mud holes. Everyone I know that has/had a RZR ends up with electrical issues when repeatedly submerged in water or mud deeper than the floor pan. Not sure I'd want to dip a scorching hot turbo in water too.

The 1000 has a stronger bottom end and is snappier down low, the turbo pulls up top like no tomorrow. For my riding the 1000 is fine, if I rode the dunes I'd probably want the turbo. The 1000 certainly doesn't disappoint though.

bradb

Reaction score
What's your definition of deep? I'm that loser that drives around the water holes and mud holes. Everyone I know that has/had a RZR ends up with electrical issues when repeatedly submerged in water or mud deeper than the floor pan. Not sure I'd want to dip a scorching hot turbo in water too.

The 1000 has a stronger bottom end and is snappier down low, the turbo pulls up top like no tomorrow. For my riding the 1000 is fine, if I rode the dunes I'd probably want the turbo. The 1000 certainly doesn't disappoint though.
I had electrical issues with the 2 I owned, 2015 XP1000 and 2019 Turbo. They were ok until about 2000kms, got them wet from water on the creek in the winter. Not submersed, just water spray off the tires. Both needed a new harness after dealer swapping ecu, multiple sensors didn't fix them. Been riding can am sxs's ever since, no electrical issues yet. I am riding an X3 now, I think it is better in every way over the turbo rzr I had.

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking for water or mud but there's always a creek crossing or a mud hole on the trail. I was just curious if guys are mudding and crossing deep water with the PRO XP? Like you said a hot turbo housing going through water doesn't sound good! A PRO XP looks awesome but I kinda think for trail riding a XP 1000 might be a better set up. Not as wide, not as long, good power for the trail and probably less maintenance. I've been called a looser for going around mud holes too! lol

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had electrical issues with the 2 I owned, 2015 XP1000 and 2019 Turbo. They were ok until about 2000kms, got them wet from water on the creek in the winter. Not submersed, just water spray off the tires. Both needed a new harness after dealer swapping ecu, multiple sensors didn't fix them. Been riding can am sxs's ever since, no electrical issues yet. I am riding an X3 now, I think it is better in every way over the turbo rzr I had.
Why would you need a new harness if it got wet. was it in the plugs or what was going on?
im asking as I am having issues with my 19 turbo. A few new sensors and still derating… reflash and it comes back, now thinking a ecu. Started happing once I started to use my snow tracks, lots of snow packed in there.

bradb

Reaction score
Why would you need a new harness if it got wet. was it in the plugs or what was going on?
im asking as I am having issues with my 19 turbo. A few new sensors and still derating… reflash and it comes back, now thinking a ecu. Started happing once I started to use my snow tracks, lots of snow packed in there.
The issues started after riding through water. Trouble code was DET sensor, replaced sensor, didn't fix problem. Dealer tried multiple sensors and ecu, still would set an engine light randomly and limp. Finally replaced harness and it fixed the problem. Next ride out it overheated, limped, rad was cold, changed thermostat. seemed to fix problem. Good for a couple rides, then same S@#$ again. That was enough, sold it. It was a complete pos. Just like my 2015 xp1000. Never again will Polaris get a penny from me.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The issues started after riding through water. Trouble code was DET sensor, replaced sensor, didn't fix problem. Dealer tried multiple sensors and ecu, still would set an engine light randomly and limp. Finally replaced harness and it fixed the problem. Next ride out it overheated, limped, rad was cold, changed thermostat. seemed to fix problem. Good for a couple rides, then same S@#$ again. That was enough, sold it. It was a complete pos. Just like my 2015 xp1000. Never again will Polaris get a penny from me.
Yikes. 2012 xp900 was great. Still going with new owner. My xp 1000 turbo just this about started 2 months ago. 3500 km. I need to put the tires back on and see. They reflashed it but I’ve been out of the country. Maybe tomorrow to see if it has dried out or ?

bradb

Reaction score
Yikes. 2012 xp900 was great. Still going with new owner. My xp 1000 turbo just this about started 2 months ago. 3500 km. I need to put the tires back on and see. They reflashed it but I’ve been out of the country. Maybe tomorrow to see if it has dried out or ?
Sure hope you get it sorted out, myself and the dealer chased the issue for a few weeks.

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your having electrical issues you can pull apart electrical connectors, blow out with compressed air, fill connector with di electric grease from any auto parts store put back together. I also use it in spark plug boots. Not a guaranteed fix but it has worked for me.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im looking at buying either a Rzr 1000 XP or a Maverick sport (xxc or xmr). This is all around trail riding in Alberta trails, mud, hill climbing everything. I have no experience with can ams. What machines do you guys recommend? Performance and reliability is what I want. I'm not a hard core mud guy but it does need to be capable. Thanks
Have you considered looking at a Yamaha wolverine rspec 1000?
I really like my can am but want to try one of these yammys out! I will never own another polaris in my lifetime.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your having electrical issues you can pull apart electrical connectors, blow out with compressed air, fill connector with di electric grease from any auto parts store put back together. I also use it in spark plug boots. Not a guaranteed fix but it has worked for me.
That’s what I was thinking. I’ve done this to some of my equipment in the past. That’s why I was asking why the wiring need replacement if any plugs are wet… unless corrosion set in.

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the issue with the rzr front drive axle? The last 5 or 6 rides there’s at least 1 machine in the group that loses 4wd intermittent. Backing up then forward again repeatedly sometimes brings it back. Seems odd it’s different guys and years having this problem. Design issue?

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the issue with the rzr front drive axle? The last 5 or 6 rides there’s at least 1 machine in the group that loses 4wd intermittent. Backing up then forward again repeatedly sometimes brings it back. Seems odd it’s different guys and years having this problem. Design issue?
The last polaris I owned and I mean THE LAST it was the switch that failed,

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to let off the throttle and then back on ahain and it usually kicks back in to 4wd

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have never heard of this. We ride with about 10 Polaris machines.
Might be the sprag in front diff.

I know the front diff only likes polaris oil also

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have never heard of this. We ride with about 10 Polaris machines.
Might be the sprag in front diff.

I know the front diff only likes polaris oil also
These are all the turbo models or RS1s with the turbo diff. I thought the sprag wasn’t an issue on these.

Top Bottom