800 Can Am vs Polaris 850XP?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jesus! He's almost a tooth pick! :d
LMAO:Hammer3:
You obviously don't understand what awd drive is, I do, you need to learn. And I have found the steepest sh%ttiest hill for traction I could go down and it will not slide as long as theres traction, without traction any quad is going to slide down a hill regardless of it's breaking, so your still wrong...maybe you don't like hearing you are wrong. If you slid down a muddy hill then you need to learn how to drive the bike because this is obviously driver error because my bike will not let that happen when I am on it...something wrong with you???

YA there is.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you jack up a polaris with all for wheels of the ground and engage awd all four wheels turn. now spin the front tire faster, guess what it will spin faster, the front wheels are aloud to overrun the rest of the drivetrain makes for the easy steering.There is no shift motor or traditional lock mech in the front diff just some rollers in cage that when there is resistace at the front wheel the rollers will ramp up and tada awd.

I have bottomed mine out cause i ride 2 up almost all the time The HL spings in the rear fixed that my front is still set at min and unless i hit a good jump it dosnt bottom out.

As for the the adc if you loose control with that on get off the quad an walk back, cause you should no be on a quad. I have road some nasty mountian terrain And come down some chity hills that would make you chit your pants just looking down and i have never had a problem.

My 2 cents

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you jack up a polaris with all for wheels of the ground and engage awd all four wheels turn. now spin the front tire faster, guess what it will spin faster, the front wheels are aloud to overrun the rest of the drivetrain makes for the easy steering.There is no shift motor or traditional lock mech in the front diff just some rollers in cage that when there is resistace at the front wheel the rollers will ramp up and tada awd.

I have bottomed mine out cause i ride 2 up almost all the time The HL spings in the rear fixed that my front is still set at min and unless i hit a good jump it dosnt bottom out.

As for the the adc if you loose control with that on get off the quad an walk back, cause you should no be on a quad. I have road some nasty mountian terrain And come down some chity hills that would make you chit your pants just looking down and i have never had a problem.

My 2 cents

Move over tex! There's a new god of quad in town.

shenry

Reaction score
LMAO:Hammer3:

YA there is.
No there isn't, if you break it than this is driver error. And the fact that the Visco Lock lets go means it's not giving you traction to get out of a bad situation. How does the visco lock know exactly when the axle will break, means it's not always grabbing, to me that's a bad system. There is no way to break the AWD ...has to be driver error with perhaps big lifts/tires or extreme wear and tear. Everything has to break at some point but not when it's used right under normal conditions so in my opinion and from what Ive seen and used the AWD system has all the benefits.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread is getting really old....fast.lol Both are great quads, much better than any other competitor as of now... I think if you compare the two STOCK ,the best analogy i can come up with is the canam is a vette, the XP a caddy...
Both offer outstanding reliability and performance and cam be set up to perform rather well in any terrain. The canam engine has more mods and will produce more power for racing with out a dought...that is why they dominate the races. Out of the box for the kind of rideing i do I prefer the xp ,but thats just me....

I feel the XP is a better bang for the buck, that being said you could spend a lot of money on the XP and not get the power of the canam, YET....Ride both and buy what you want or like, i HAVE owned both and and i canot say one is better than the other, just slightly different...

On closeing ,speaking of facts 55 ,since when has canam put piggy back fox floats on any of there quads ??? I have owned them all at one time or another and like all machines they all have there good and bad points...always will.

When you first got your xp it was the chit , now everytime you tell the story the repairs get bigger and what not....Trust me , your brute will do the same,as would a canam i would think...
As i have said before , you can have any TWO of the following three: Choose wisely......
*performance
*reliability
*cheap
If nothing else ,this has been fun anyhow......

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What bothers me is the fact that he's can am bashing, I dont like polaris, had one didnt like it. I have loved every can am i have owned the rene was awesome and the X MR IS awesome but thats my OPINION you are entitled to yours too but that doesnt mean you can bash mine in the mean time. Sure you like your popo and i'm happy you do. But can't you just be happy that i like my Can Am too?

campingnut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everybody forgot that the XP comes with 14" wheels, and I wish my Can Am came with.

The loss of traction on downhill on the XP I think was only on the older ones were the engine braking only effected the rear wheels. Correct me if I am wrong.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What bothers me is the fact that he's can am bashing, I dont like polaris, had one didnt like it. I have loved every can am i have owned the rene was awesome and the X MR IS awesome but thats my OPINION you are entitled to yours too but that doesnt mean you can bash mine in the mean time. Sure you like your popo and i'm happy you do. But can't you just be happy that i like my Can Am too?

I understand that and i have done my fair share of that too, but plese don`t take it too seriously.We all like what we ride and let`s be honest, we all love to bash what we don`t ride . That RAMPS it up a little, nothing wrong with a little brand emotion....:beer:

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everybody forgot that the XP comes with 14" wheels, and I wish my Can Am came with.

The loss of traction on downhill on the XP I think was only on the older ones were the engine braking only effected the rear wheels. Correct me if I am wrong.

that ended way back on 07 when they came out with adc. I can go down hills on gravek pits and what not in adc, lean back and have a nap. my bike will just creep down the hill with no sliding what so ever.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand that and i have done my fair share of that too, but plese don`t take it too seriously.We all like what we ride and let`s be honest, we all love to bash what we don`t ride . That RAMPS it up a little, nothing wrong with a little brand emotion....:beer:

oh yeah dont get me wrong if you go riding with me and get stuck, i'm going to poke at you and say things like "what couldnt keep that thing rolling through that little bit of mud?" or "only polaris'.... get stuck there" but i'll only say that because i expect it back when i get stuck haha. Its just when guys get all excited on the internet like seriously...

arguingOnTheInternet.gif

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, when I had an XP, I did think it was the chit. Then the problems came, the never ending problems. And yes, Shenry, I did break my AWD system. There. You can break it.

Though at the same time I can't let a clown come on here and start bashing Canned Ham without some ACTUAL evidence. Not just 'Ham, but bashing of any quad in general with out facts makes you an idiot.

And his facts are from a promo video. You have got to be an idiot to get shoot-out info from a promo.

Yes, I did bash Polaris. I don't have anything against them. But I got beef with the dealer for not doing a good job, and I am a tad pissed with all the problems I've had. My Polaris bashing was directed to "Shallow" Shenry, fighting fire with fire. A means of putting this clown in his place.

Anyways, thats my rant.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh yeah dont get me wrong if you go riding with me and get stuck, i'm going to poke at you and say things like "what couldnt keep that thing rolling through that little bit of mud?" or "only polaris'.... get stuck there" but i'll only say that because i expect it back when i get stuck haha. Its just when guys get all excited on the internet like seriously...

arguingOnTheInternet.gif

That kid was on the juice or i woulda kicked hiss azz, still second isn`t too shabby.....

shenry

Reaction score
Yes, when I had an XP, I did think it was the chit. Then the problems came, the never ending problems. And yes, Shenry, I did break my AWD system. There. You can break it.

Though at the same time I can't let a clown come on here and start bashing Canned Ham without some ACTUAL evidence. Not just 'Ham, but bashing of any quad in general with out facts makes you an idiot.

And his facts are from a promo video. You have got to be an idiot to get shoot-out info from a promo.

Yes, I did bash Polaris. I don't have anything against them. But I got beef with the dealer for not doing a good job, and I am a tad pissed with all the problems I've had. My Polaris bashing was directed to "Shallow" Shenry, fighting fire with fire. A means of putting this clown in his place.

Anyways, thats my rant.
:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:There's a little bit of stuff on that video that can be disputed, but before I bought my quad, I researched videos and other forums and all those points were good to go in my opinion...... and some of the stuff on their isn't even up for debate, it's just true. Anyways this is funny sh&t. I argue with my family too, but I still love them. I don't like Can Am....too expensive and not as good for what I use a quad for. My points are real from what I read, from what I've seen and from what I ride, they may not be facts to you but they are to me. My regrets that your so offended but I like that special Olympics post, even winning this debate makes me retarded, but it's been fun....funny sh%t:arguebats::arguebats:

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh my! i have not read alot lately, but just caught up on a few pages..

Wow! thats all i say.. i not getting into it...

the only things i will say is this:

the QE Visco Lock is as good as polaris..
If you thing a adjustable piggy shock on a ham is not better than what polaris has, then give me what your smokin man.. lol..

polaris has a caddie ride... can-am has a performance ride... but the shocks are superior on the X's

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:There's a little bit of stuff on that video that can be disputed, but before I bought my quad, I researched videos and other forums and all those points were good to go in my opinion...... and some of the stuff on their isn't even up for debate, it's just true. Anyways this is funny sh&t. I argue with my family too, but I still love them. I don't like Can Am....too expensive and not as good for what I use a quad for. My points are real from what I read, from what I've seen and from what I ride, they may not be facts to you but they are to me. My regrets that your so offended but I like that special Olympics post, even winning this debate makes me retarded, but it's been fun....funny sh%t:arguebats::arguebats:

I bought my XP for the same reason, I thought it was good and would hold up. I've seen many other XP's hold up where mine immediatly fell short.

Yes, I did get a tad worked up cuz I got a place in my heart for Can-Am, and I hate to see someone come out of nowhere and tell the whole site they are garbage and not "really" back it up. I still got a place there for Polaris, but I doubt I'd be getting another after my expirence with 'em.

I still have respect for people on Poo's, Doo's and Kawi's. Yeah, it was funny now that I look back on the argument that was brought up and It would be sweet to see you out on the trail. :beer:

shenry

Reaction score
Oh my! i have not read alot lately, but just caught up on a few pages..

Wow! thats all i say.. i not getting into it...

the only things i will say is this:

the QE Visco Lock is as good as polaris..
If you thing a adjustable piggy shock on a ham is not better than what polaris has, then give me what your smokin man.. lol..

polaris has a caddie ride... can-am has a performance ride... but the shocks are superior on the X's
:smiliestirthepot:Just smokin tires on the XP

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the best think would be to have someone give me a xmr for a week to ride.

I have never rode one and maybe I would like it.
Everyone has a brand favorite and everyone can get a lemon.

Fawk get over it let's get some :beer::beer: and go for a ride.

Who cares who makes it across what mud let's go have fun.

My opinion.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the best think would be to have someone give me a xmr for a week to ride.

I have never rode one and maybe I would like it.
Everyone has a brand favorite and everyone can get a lemon.

Fawk get over it let's get some :beer::beer: and go for a ride.

Who cares who makes it across what mud let's go have fun.

My opinion.

NEVER!!!!!! MY 04 KODIAK IS THE BESTEST:realmad::realmad::eek:

Top Bottom