Grizzly or kingquad

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats an awesome score of a deal, that machine is not even broke in yet. You did not go wrong grabbing that. With low km and in new shape with xtra's, unless you plan on doing a pile of mud slinging that machine needs nothing but regular maintenance. Lots of members on here with own Canned Hams including myself with tons of knowledge. Plus there are other Forums as well like Can Am forum with tons of knowledgable members as well. You did very good IMHO basically got a brand new machine for less than what the dealer or some financer would have wanted. Last for many years.(y):)

mxzguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why u want a crappy 1 lung quad? Any v twin is some much better. Any 1000cc will do circles around the old 1 lung . Way better chassis and suspension
I would take issue with the word crappy I have a 2014 Grizzly and 3 friends that bought Outlander 1000 I have no problem keeping up with them off road I would even say the Grizzly is better in mud all machines are set up for trail riding no XMR or lifted mud bogers so I’m talking mostly stock machines here the only place I notice their machines are better is on gravel roads when you can open them up and possibly when towing (side note I have towed all 3 of them but have yet to have the favor returned knock wood) The Can-Ams all cost much more to buy and maintenance on the Grizzly has just been the usual bearings and brakes all of the Can-Ams have had expensive repairs clutch issues, axels, over heating,electrical issues all required new belts I am still running the original. I have rode their bikes I didn’t feel they handled better for me. I find my machine is more agile but that’s just me. Not saying the Can-Ams are not good machines the big power is a rush but I prefer my crappy one lung and am way ahead $$$$ wise.

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol , everyone has their own preference. I did do a full service on the can am last evening and I will say they are not as easy to work on the Yamaha or Kawasaki.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol , everyone has their own preference. I did do a full service on the can am last evening and I will say they are not as easy to work on the Yamaha or Kawasaki.
When I did the first service on my brute I was surprised at how easy it was, engineers did a good job.

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well , I went outside the box again... going to pick up the Nextdoor neighbors 650 outlander. It was to good a deal to pass up , lots of extras ( boxes , winch, lights ect) . 2018 with 4xx km and pretty much show room condition and unmodified except for lights and boxes. Not a can am fan but I figure if I don’t like it I can easily l get my money back and then some. Known the quad since new to so that helps and it hasn’t been beat on or left outside ever. He bought it new used it for a year then got one of those lfad deals ( electric heart) and after that it never left his acreage just plowing and going around our subdivision.
Bringing up this older thread. Do you still have the 650? I'm in the market for a quad and have norrowerd down to the new 2024 Grizzly 700 and a 2023 Suzuki 750 KQ. Anyone know if the 700 grizzlies still run hot like in the past? I have had a few people say they run really hot and panels get hot? Love the looks of both and really want to pull on the new 50th anniversary grizzly but my gut is telling me to go with the Suzuki for longer longevity.They are offering a 3 year warranty till the end of December also. Thanks

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually have a 22 kingquad 750 now. I didn’t like the can am . Made a few bucks on it too .

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually have a 22 kingquad 750 now. I didn’t like the can am . Made a few bucks on it too .
Have you been happy with it? I think they are both the top two to get.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

brianm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d get the grizzly personally. I am not a fan of the power steering in my Suzuki seams way to stiff . That’s my only complaint though. Drive the both of them and pick the one you like either will be a reliable option.

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had
750 kingquads
Grizzly
Both awesome units
But when i bought new i went with an outty due to the simple reason 800 max with a winch was almost the same as the grizz

Top Bottom