800 Can Am vs Polaris 850XP?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's time you traded that brute in for a 850 xp..... Keep your tires though the 850 needs big tires with all that power.....

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it's time you traded that brute in for a 850 xp..... Keep your tires though the 850 needs big tires with all that power.....
:nono:Nope, I think my next machine will be the way of the can-am. Not a polaris fan and never have been. Although by the time I can put out money for a new quad, Yamaha might have a twin to compete with the other big bores!:chopper:

shenry

Reaction score
Polaris Can Am who gives a ch!t ? They all break down its all in the way you ride. I would trade my 800 for a old Honda 300 just because beat them smash them abuse them no harm done!! Now a days its all about how much power you have and how many parts you you can break in a weekend!!! I just wish everyone would go out and have fun and ride BUT PLEASE IF YOU PACK IN IN PACK IT OUT KEEP OUR TRAILS ALIVE

I tried from Thursday to Saturday to break my stock axles on purpose on my 2011 Polaris 850 XP with 70HP because I had my Rhino axles to install this afternoon and that went really well. I have the 3 inch lift with 30 inch Zilla tires and I beat my quad to death on very sh&y trails with 200 pounds on the front rack and over 200 pounds on the back racks and a 120 pound passenger. Do not worry about the trails, being clean, I always clean up the garbage and only Polaris's can make it on the trails I ride on. Hence, the garbage never makes it anywhere.:) My quad with me and a passenger all my gear 2 coolers, chainsaws, tent, bags of sh^t and caked on mud in the frame everywhere must have weighed about 1400lbs and it still shed through mud that without that extra clearance surely would have hung up and these tires shed that sh%t well. You could here the 850 motor just working to a point of failure and then it would spit chunks of mud out and I just kept moving forward, all on stock axles. The trails I ride on are ridiculous even with 17 inches of clearance you have to muscle your way through, hit thick mud and had it pinned several times 2 up, got to the logging road and that was a joy. The first day was 4hours of non stop riding, I hauled a trailer into my camp that weighed about 1200lbs and I dragged trees out of the bush on Saturday and at times got hung up where the motor was just chugging the tires to dig in the ground but I could not break anything, I was hoping to snap the stock axle to prove I needed to replace it with the rhino axles but it never happened, I changed them out for the rhino's anyway as I plan to put 32 Terminator tires on. Still have not broken anything on this 2011 XP, not even the slightest of problems, nothing. Had it up to the seat in loon sh%t as well, full of mud and into sand dunes and gravel, just hose it off and go again.

Thanks for recommending the 30 inch Zilla's they are indestructible, I think I want to go bigger, after this week I know now with the Rhino axles that this quad can handle 32's. The Rhino's have a much greater shaft diameter and the yokes look to be much larger with the bigger casings so I have a lot of confidence in them, going to go for the 32's, probably Terminators. My only complaint with the Zilla's is after coming out of the mud and onto the logging roads where there is gravel is that the stones and mud pack into the holes that are in the big lugs and at higher speeds they come flying out and into the fenders and at slow speeds on hard surfaces they will vibrate the steering due to the sharp front edge on the lugs, so I believe. However, Maxxis has a new trail tire called the Vipr with closed lugs and they are grounded down on the front edge on the lugs, but I will call to see if I can get a 32 or just go with the Terminators.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried from Thursday to Saturday to break my stock axles on purpose on my 2011 Polaris 850 XP with 70HP because I had my Rhino axles to install this afternoon and that went really well. I have the 3 inch lift with 30 inch Zilla tires and I beat my quad to death on very sh&y trails with 200 pounds on the front rack and over 200 pounds on the back racks and a 120 pound passenger. Do not worry about the trails, being clean, I always clean up the garbage and only Polaris's can make it on the trails I ride on. Hence, the garbage never makes it anywhere.:) My quad with me and a passenger all my gear 2 coolers, chainsaws, tent, bags of sh^t and caked on mud in the frame everywhere must have weighed about 1400lbs and it still shed through mud that without that extra clearance surely would have hung up and these tires shed that sh%t well. You could here the 850 motor just working to a point of failure and then it would spit chunks of mud out and I just kept moving forward, all on stock axles. The trails I ride on are ridiculous even with 17 inches of clearance you have to muscle your way through, hit thick mud and had it pinned several times 2 up, got to the logging road and that was a joy. The first day was 4hours of non stop riding, I hauled a trailer into my camp that weighed about 1200lbs and I dragged trees out of the bush on Saturday and at times got hung up where the motor was just chugging the tires to dig in the ground but I could not break anything, I was hoping to snap the stock axle to prove I needed to replace it with the rhino axles but it never happened, I changed them out for the rhino's anyway as I plan to put 32 Terminator tires on. Still have not broken anything on this 2011 XP, not even the slightest of problems, nothing. Had it up to the seat in loon sh%t as well, full of mud and into sand dunes and gravel, just hose it off and go again.

Thanks for recommending the 30 inch Zilla's they are indestructible, I think I want to go bigger, after this week I know now with the Rhino axles that this quad can handle 32's. The Rhino's have a much greater shaft diameter and the yokes look to be much larger with the bigger casings so I have a lot of confidence in them, going to go for the 32's, probably Terminators. My only complaint with the Zilla's is after coming out of the mud and onto the logging roads where there is gravel is that the stones and mud pack into the holes that are in the big lugs and at higher speeds they come flying out and into the fenders and at slow speeds on hard surfaces they will vibrate the steering due to the sharp front edge on the lugs, so I believe. However, Maxxis has a new trail tire called the Vipr with closed lugs and they are grounded down on the front edge on the lugs, but I will call to see if I can get a 32 or just go with the Terminators.

what ever po po keyboard lover-quader

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello. Got stuck this weekend due to poor judgement of a super soupy hole. Didn't realize I'd sink so far. Nothing a winch couldn't fix!

---
- Sent from my white iPhone 4

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello. Got stuck this weekend due to poor judgement of a super soupy hole. Didn't realize I'd sink so far. Nothing a winch couldn't fix!

---

Like a rubber boot it sucks you in those mucky spots. LOL

shenry

Reaction score

---

Been there and I wish someone would design a winch that hooked to the top racks and could be operated from there but still pulled from the bottom to lift the quad up and out. For now we are all digging shoulder deep to get at the F#cking winch.....bullsh^t.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like a rubber boot it sucks you in those mucky spots. LOL

Wanted to see if a handful of throttle would pull me through. Guess not. All I heard was vroom followed by a plunk. Back rack was under the skeg when I tried to back up. Guess you could say it was deep.

---

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wanted to see if a handful of throttle would pull me through. Guess not. All I heard was vroom followed by a plunk. Back rack was under the skeg when I tried to back up. Guess you could say it was deep.---- Sent from my white iPhone 4
Yes that sucks. And a bugger to get out sometimes too. You get pictures of stuck?

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been there and I wish someone would design a winch that hooked to the top racks and could be operated from there but still pulled from the bottom to lift the quad up and out. For now we are all digging shoulder deep to get at the F#cking winch.....bullsh^t.

Don't get me started on that. I got it once where my winch was stuck on an embankment. Pushed right up against the bumper. Had to dig for an hour to get it. Now I keep the cable latched to my rack. Learned my lesson! You should do the same. Lol

---

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes that sucks. And a bugger to get out sometimes too. You get pictures of stuck?

Pictures of said stuck are on my computer and on my Facebook. Will post pics here soon after work. Check my fb Arff, you will see it there before I backed up.

---

shenry

Reaction score
Don't get me started on that. I got it once where my winch was stuck on an embankment. Pushed right up against the bumper. Had to dig for an hour to get it. Now I keep the cable latched to my rack. Learned my lesson! You should do the same. Lol

---

Thats fine to get the hook but you still have to get to the winch to release the spool. If the front top of rack had a hook mount and a long lever to the winch to release it then that would work, I had to bury my face in loon ch!t to get at mine, right up against a bank as well. Something for all the dealers to think about. I can't remember what quad it was a few years back that had a high mounted winch that I seen not so good to pull from the top of the quad though, you want it down low and the controls up high.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The stuck

---

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314122252.484145.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314122252.484145.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 160
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314122270.567046.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1314122270.567046.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 154

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats fine to get the hook but you still have to get to the winch to release the spool. If the front top of rack had a hook mount and a long lever to the winch to release it then that would work, I had to bury my face in loon ch!t to get at mine, right up against a bank as well. Something for all the dealers to think about. I can't remember what quad it was a few years back that had a high mounted winch that I seen not so good to pull from the top of the quad though, you want it down low and the controls up high.

Older Polaris quads had that.

---

shenry

Reaction score
The stuck

---

I like the snorks, rims and tires. I carry too much stuff all the time to do the snorks, they would get in the way. Looks like she's going over if you let go.

On the weekend I figured out how to hold a beer (photo below) on the quad when your not hunting. You just need the gun racks....red-green special....it works well, didn't spill a drop.

P1340259.jpg

P1340258.jpg

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the snorks, rims and tires. I carry too much stuff all the time to do the snorks, they would get in the way. Looks like she's going over if you let go.

On the weekend I figured out how to hold a beer (photo below) on the quad when your not hunting. You just need the gun racks....red-green special....it works well, didn't spill a drop.

P1340259.jpg

P1340258.jpg

Lol, nice.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sure is funny that a honda 350 has to pull out the cowastuki's and polaris 850's on the trail ride, may get a chance to pull a few can-ams as well. he also helped pull me out.

got to admit the power of the HONDA 350, gets the job doe while all the big boys seem to flounder. good on ya

Top Bottom