you can put a deck on a 2015 f150......

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately not - the Rear Axle GAWR on the new F150 will leave you with about 1100lbs max payload. Doesn't natter what the GVWR is, the rear axle capacity is just too low.

Omg that's so not true, specs say 55/45 weight bias so rear axle has 21xx lbs on it, truck comes with 4600lb rear axle, max load on rear axle only from cargo 2500 lbs.

Last edited:

Steve Slade

Reaction score
I've been running a 2011 ram 1500 crew with a 5.5 box for years with a sled deck hauling 2 bad ass freerides out to valemount for years. I have super springs and bags. The truck handles the load fine. I don't see anything wrong with it I have no trouble with braking or handling the load. My truck is very well maintained and I may have to drive a little slower than if I had a diesel but I drive to road conditions and am always safe. Not everyone can afford a new diesel and I'm tired of hearing that this **** is so dangerous. Well it's not It's the guy behind the wheel who is the hazard. A lot of people keep asking can u do it. Yes u can.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had Both and I don't give a fawk about your calculations and payload bs. The way the 2500+ truck feels and handles going down the highway is a complete 180 from the 1500 trucks. Buy a triton and ditch the deck. End of the day there is so much dangerous chit going down the highway that loaded up 1500 is probly the least of my worries

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had Both and I don't give a fawk about your calculations and payload bs. The way the 2500+ truck feels and handles going down the highway is a complete 180 from the 1500 trucks. Buy a triton and ditch the deck. End of the day there is so much dangerous chit going down the highway that loaded up 1500 is probly the least of my worries

So what your saying is if the new F150 isn't over loaded and a 2500 is over loaded with the same set up, you'll feel safer in the over loaded truck because the badge on the side is a higher number?

Sent from my iPhone

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where does a guy get one of these high payload f150's. just what i'm needing.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya. it's just a badge.. and noyhing else..

Quit eating Detergent pods..

So what your saying is if the new F150 isn't over loaded and a 2500 is over loaded with the same set up, you'll feel safer in the over loaded truck because the badge on the side is a higher number?

Sent from my iPhone

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is within the safe working load (IE. GVWR and GWAR), tell me why it's a bad idea. And don't say "because it's a 1/2 ton" and "the suspension and brakes can't handle it" because clearly they can if it's within the those specs.

Sent from my iPhone

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOw about the axles... Full floating versus semi floating...Look it up.

Plus your load isn't in your bed, it's 2 to 4 feet

ABOVE the bed.

The horse has been flogged way too much on this subject

If it is within the safe working load (IE. GVWR and GWAR), tell me why it's a bad idea. And don't say "because it's a 1/2 ton" and "the suspension and brakes can't handle it" because clearly they can if it's within the those specs.

Sent from my iPhone

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HOw about the axles... Full floating versus semi floating...Look it up.

Plus your load isn't in your bed, it's 2 to 4 feet

ABOVE the bed.

The horse has been flogged way too much on this subject

I didn't realize the deck in my f350 wasn't above the bed? The horse has been flogged, yes, but it was always the GVWR that was overloaded as the main point of the argument, which I agree on current half tons is a bad idea. But now the curb weight dropped 750lbs, things are different. It MAY be within it's safe work load.

I'm not after childish replys CUSO. I would like to hear legitimate arguments towards it. The semi floating axles aren't going to be an issue so long as it's under the GAWR.

Sent from my iPhone

800HMX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Omg that's so not true, specs say 55/45 weight bias so rear axle has 21xx lbs on it, truck comes with 4600lb rear axle, max load on rear axle only from cargo 2500 lbs.

When you buy the truck, take it to the scales and weigh the front and rear axle. You will be disappointed! I weighed my 2011 F150 with driver only and half tank of fuel. I had less than 1000lbs of capacity left on the rear axle. When they post the carrying capacity; no fluids, no bumper, no spare tire, no people, 2 wheel drive regular cab and no options. Try this with a "real truck'" and you will not have anything close to 2000lbs. Hell my 2015 f250 only has 2000lbs capacity.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just hope and pray to God that when these 1/2 ton guys are out on the road, that myself and my wife are NOWHERE near them. :yikes:
Do you avoid all the guys in the summer pulling their massive 5th wheels and toy haulers with single rear wheel trucks as well?

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Do you avoid all the guys in the summer pulling their massive 5th wheels and toy haulers with single rear wheel trucks as well?

Nope. I'm one of "those" guys, but I am WELL within my limits (like 750-1000lbs to spare). A half ton with 2 sleds, 2 people, all the gear, and all the fuel is JUST gonna make it (if it even does). THAT chit makes me feel unsafe. You obviously don't agree with anything I say, so you do it your way, and I'll do it my way, and I'll be sure to watch where you're going via your posts and I'll go elsewhere. :)

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
When you buy the truck, take it to the scales and weigh the front and rear axle. You will be disappointed! I weighed my 2011 F150 with driver only and half tank of fuel. I had less than 1000lbs of capacity left on the rear axle. When they post the carrying capacity; no fluids, no bumper, no spare tire, no people, 2 wheel drive regular cab and no options. Try this with a "real truck'" and you will not have anything close to 2000lbs. Hell my 2015 f250 only has 2000lbs capacity.
This has been mentioned 37 times but people are still gonna believe what they see on a tv commercial.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 2014 8200 gvw f150 and had a 2010 7200 gvw before that, I can tell you the 8200 is not about what you hear in a commercial it is a heavy duty half ton, heavier semi floating axle, heavy brakes, thicker frame, heavy wheels, and takes 2200lbs in the box without issue and is legal at that. The arguing is from people who have a misconception about what a half ton label means, these are not like half tons from even five years ago they are rated for and will take the weight they are legal for and be safe at that. Nice thing is I can pack 2000 lbs all day and with an ecoboost burn 2/3rds the full of a gas 3/4.

Top Bottom