you can put a deck on a 2015 f150......

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I was actually pleasantly surprised with my gm 3/4 tonne hd gasser on the payload end. Weighing in at the scales at the dump I have around 2800lb payload with a full tank and me in the truck.

I know my old Titan with one sled on a single deck. 3 people in the truck and a trailer with about a 10lb tongue weight I was over loaded

Last edited:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was actually pleasantly surprised with my gm 3/4 tonne hd gasser on the payload end. Weighing in at the scales at the dump I have around 2800lb payload with a full tank and me in the truck.

I know my old Titan with one sled on a single deck. 3 people in the truck and a trailer with about a 10lb tongue weight I was over loaded

Are you going to put that sled deck on the Ford Ranger this year again?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
images

Driftingbig

Reaction score
After reading through the post here I have two questions. 1) What is the load rating on the tires of the 1/2 ton? I would hope for E rated as I would think 8 ply tires would be a little soft and sway lots. 2) In BC is it ileagal to two a 5th wheel trailer with a boat behind the fith wheel and if so were you ever able to?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After reading through the post here I have two questions. 1) What is the load rating on the tires of the 1/2 ton? I would hope for E rated as I would think 8 ply tires would be a little soft and sway lots. 2) In BC is it ileagal to two a 5th wheel trailer with a boat behind the fith wheel and if so were you ever able to?

Stock tires have a load rating higher than the axle rating and are therefore good for whatever the truck can legally carry, yes it is illegal to tow a boat behind a fifth wheel in BC, since when I'm not sure though.

Driftingbig

Reaction score
Only reason I ask about the history behind the 5th wheel boat combo is if you were leagal to tow years ago there was probably a bunch of incidents that made it ileagal to tow in tandem. Therefore now that 1/2 tons have higher capacities and are leagal to carry a deck, if there is an increase of incidents occuring and there ability is in question would DOT not step in and deem it ileagal?

Driftingbig

Reaction score
ABMax24 I get that the stock tires would take the load, just wonder if they are 8ply or 10ply. As my knowledge of tires makes me think a higher ply tire would have a stiffer side wall and give you less sway which in my mind give more stability in a cross wind and cornering?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The number of plies and the load rating typically go hand in hand, the more plies the more the tire can carry, therefore when loaded legally there should be very little if any issues with Sidewall flex. And if I am loading a tire to its very limits I am far less concerning with driving it like a stock car and therefore tend to take it easier as all the handling characteristics of the vehicle begin to suffer.

Top Bottom