you can put a deck on a 2015 f150......

devildogg

Reaction score
There's 11 pages of my life I'll never get back! Some good points but a lot of people missing the real technical numbers and the definitions. Some people need to get into the manuals and read what all those abbreviations stand for and how they are supposed to be used. The "true trucker" dudes on here have got it down pat! Us "wannabee truckers" have a lot of learning to doo.

I have gone from a 2500HD 6l gasser (it was under with two sleds and the flat deck but not by much) to an F350 6.2l gasser with a flat deck just for the peace of mind. There is much more payload for the gassers over a diesels. With an 8' box 4x4, one is pretty much guaranteed to be within the safe hauling limits with the 3/4 and 1 tons.

Surely, after 11 pages the horse has been flogged enough...........:snow:

Yes but I have seen you drive Doug you still are not safe even with that new fancy one tonne :d (just kidding) thats for posting that picture of me stuck. I went from a 2500 dodge, two sleds and gear, 5.7 hemi just made it under. I now for several reasons have a 1/2 ton ford air bagged equiped with a deck, I will only put one sled on it, so will you if you are smart, in a bind I will carry two a short distance but for anything outside my little area I will use a trailer. It's simple math boys be smart

GPsnownut

Reaction score
My old truck of I read the "payload" rating on the decal i had 1500lbs..... Once weighed with my gvrw I head closer to 1250.... So don't go by that " payload" sticker

Your payload sticker tells you what the truck can haul, this weight is calculated truck completely empty, so if you jump in your truck, and your 200 lbs, fill it with gas, say thats another 150 lbs, this weight is subtracted off your payload, so if payload sticker is 1500 lbs - 350 lbs = 1150 pounds you can then haul with truck, if you have a super crew truck and 4 people jump in that weigh 250 lb, thats 1000 lbs, and your tank is full of gas, you could probably only legally haul about 350 lbs of cargo.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your payload sticker tells you what the truck can haul, this weight is calculated truck completely empty, so if you jump in your truck, and your 200 lbs, fill it with gas, say thats another 150 lbs, this weight is subtracted off your payload, so if payload sticker is 1500 lbs - 350 lbs = 1150 pounds you can then haul with truck, if you have a super crew truck and 4 people jump in that weigh 250 lb, thats 1000 lbs, and your tank is full of gas, you could probably only legally haul about 350 lbs of cargo.

I was told by the dealer that payload is calculated with all fluids full including gas ? Then everything you add comes off. It wouldn't do much good to have 2000 lb payload if you couldn't go anywhere because you had no fuel lol

GPsnownut

Reaction score
I was told by the dealer that payload is calculated with all fluids full including gas ? Then everything you add comes off. It wouldn't do much good to have 2000 lb payload if you couldn't go anywhere because you had no fuel lol

From what I have been told and my understanding payload includes all fluids less the gas.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

From what I have been told and my understanding payload includes all fluids less the gas.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Payload is calculated by weighing your truck,then subtracting that number from the GVW on the door post.The dealer/manufacturer is obviously gonna make these numbers look as big as possible so you will buy their truck.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are self-weighs and pay scales all over North America.Weigh the truck.It's a simple concept!!!

Mike I suggested this on the 3rd post on this Thread. Please go load your sled right up with all your gear your friends gear and whatever else you take along with full fuel in sleds and fuel in truck and go weigh yourself. Post the printout here for all of us to see. Its up to you to be honest and have all the required weight added to be accurate.

WE all wait for the scale printout. Thanks

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mike I suggested this on the 3rd post on this Thread. Please go load your sled right up with all your gear your friends gear and whatever else you take along with full fuel in sleds and fuel in truck and go weigh yourself. Post the printout here for all of us to see. Its up to you to be honest and have all the required weight added to be accurate.

WE all wait for the scale printout. Thanks

Glenn, on my new Eco boost 1/2 ton you're saying I can't have a deck, 2 sleds, full tank of gas, gear for 2 people and a couple cans of gas? Oh and maybe some beer and food?

Shat what am I going to do now? Would airbags help? Or maybe an extra leaf spring?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dale dalueg again.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will take a 2015 F150 with a sled deck and two sleds on it any day on the road vs. a Dodge dually toting 30,000lbs down the road that it is "rated" for.....

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will take a 2015 F150 with a sled deck and two sleds on it any day on the road vs. a Dodge dually toting 30,000lbs down the road that it is "rated" for.....

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

Why? The trailer that the load is on will have brakes on it. It will stop much quicker than it took to accelerate.

Sent from my iPhone

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why? The trailer that the load is on will have brakes on it. It will stop much quicker than it took to accelerate.

Sent from my iPhone

Why?? Because if someone wants to play Billy big rig, they should go and buy a Semi.

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

Top Bottom