Sled deck on a 1989 toyota pickup?

notsoprosledder

Reaction score
Hi all,

i have a 1989 toyota pickup 4x4 6 cyl with standard transmission.
its classified as a half ton, and my manual says it has a payload rating of 1100 lbs.
i want to put a sled deck on it, as my m8 wont fit properly in the back without one.
i would never haul 2 sleds with it, and i would probably be the only one in the vehicle. I would also haul a dirt bike or 2 with it as well.

have any of you ever put a deck on a half ton? Is there anything that i should do to the truck to prepare? I did just put on a new set of monroe shocks on the rear...

oh yes and buying a bigger truck is not an option.

thanks!

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
😭

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So why won't it fit properly in the back? You deck won't be any longer then the truck with the tailgate down. I fail to see why a deck would help you.

notsoprosledder

Reaction score
So why won't it fit properly in the back? You deck won't be any longer then the truck with the tailgate down. I fail to see why a deck would help you.
The ski stance is too wide. It sits partially on the wheel well tilting the whole sled.
also a sled deck would give me more space for gear.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a cool one. Is that yours? Is it custom built?

No that's not mine, it's a guy from Revelstoke. He built it himself, it's pretty nice. A lot of guys/girls around here just make their own out of lumber.

This isn't mine, but just to give you an idea, you can build these on the cheap, or make them/buy them really nice

0.jpg

attachment.php

DSCF0172.jpg

Last edited:

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A full on sled deck like you see on full size trucks won't fit. Thee old Toyota where narrower between the wheel wells.

the style your looking for is like what lilduke posted up. Someone does manufacture something exactly like that... Just don't remember the company name. If i recall it was around 3000. If budget is a strong consideration, just build one out of steel or wood and buy a ramp.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take the box off it and make a flat deck!

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a half ton with a sled deck and sled will not be over loaded but those trucks are narrow boxes and most sled decks will not fit,will have to watch deck legs for install.or can build one to suite what you need

sleded1

Reaction score
Depending on how long your box is, i have one as described above for sale on here. If your box is 6'5" it will fit...smokin deal just for you...

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a home made single sled deck I made myself , I removed some of the hardware but it's yours for 50 bucks if you want it , no ramp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha,cost you 2000 too drive here and get it lol

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a home made single sled deck I made myself , I removed some of the hardware but it's yours for 50 bucks if you want it , no ramps

Any Pics?

Top Bottom