you can put a deck on a 2015 f150......

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4x4 crew cab with heavy duty payload package with the 5.0 or eco has a payload of................................2660/2650 lbs.

ext cab is 2770/2760........

cool beans.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
4x4 crew cab with heavy duty payload package with the 5.0 or eco has a payload of................................2660/2650 lbs.

ext cab is 2770/2760........

cool beans.

Please can you go load up all your gear, sleds, friends ,luggage and full tank of truck and sleds fuel then go across a scale and prove this once and for all. Has been brought up many times here already

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please can you go load up all your gear, sleds, friends ,luggage and full tank of truck and sleds fuel then go across a scale and prove this once and for all. Has been brought up many times here already

coool story brah.......

2 newer sleds-------------1300 lbs
deck-----------400 lbs
50L of extra fuel......not sure why, i fill my sled at the station...... but sure.......81 lbs
2 riders................2 sleds..makes sense............500 lbs

2281 lbs.

could fit 2 150 lb hussies in the back and not sure what they would do while your riding? sit and play on their iphone? 300 lbs.....

2581 lbs

still under.

the payload of my 2010 ram???? just under 1300 lbs............checked at the scale.

we are talking double the payload here.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget all the stuff Ford pulls out to measure payload like the rear bumper and spare tire and radio. Also factor in full tank of fuel in the truck, all your riding gear, your overnight clothing etc. It'll be close but might be do-able.

nwoprormk

Reaction score
coool story brah.......

2 newer sleds-------------1300 lbs
deck-----------400 lbs
50L of extra fuel......not sure why, i fill my sled at the station...... but sure.......81 lbs
2 riders................2 sleds..makes sense............500 lbs

2281 lbs.

could fit 2 150 lb hussies in the back and not sure what they would do while your riding? sit and play on their iphone? 300 lbs.....

2581 lbs

still under.

the payload of my 2010 ram???? just under 1300 lbs............checked at the scale.

Not sure about BC...... but theyre hastling and charging guys with overloaded 1/2 tons in Ontario.......specially in regrds to trailers.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about BC...... but theyre hastling and charging guys with overloaded 1/2 tons in Ontario.......specially in regrds to trailers.

It doesn't matter what province you live in its all about that little sticker in your driver door jam....may be close tho this number is prob from a bare balls xt or something a lariat or platinum would be a "touch" heavier and have a lighter rating

where did u get these numbers ? I was looking for them

dont forget that snow and ice build up on sleds/truck make a difference im SUPER hopeful that these numbers are legit if a guy could get a loaded 1/2 that can handle a deck and have a decent towing capacity that may be the answer ive been holding on to my 05 ram 1500 for a 5.0 E.BF250 (losing hope) this may be a good compromise want a 1/2 for mpg but also want a real truck with real numbers when needed

Last edited:

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ford shaved 700lbs off the curb weight with aluminum panels. Guys can argue all they want about it being aluminum, but 700lbs off the curb weight brings you into 2000lbs payload if it was applied in your scenario.

My FX4 quad cab has a payload of 1491 according to the door. In the same scenario applied, I'd have 2391.

Sent from my iPhone

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget all the stuff Ford pulls out to measure payload like the rear bumper and spare tire and radio. Also factor in full tank of fuel in the truck, all your riding gear, your overnight clothing etc. It'll be close but might be do-able.

Payload has to include fuel... Either way its 150 lbs for 95 liters. 250 lbs included riding gear per rider. Your overnight night bag? Your splitting hairs... What 20 lbs? I over estimated my numbers as it was.

#canadastrong

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ford shaved 700lbs off the curb weight with aluminum panels. Guys can argue all they want about it being aluminum, but 700lbs off the curb weight brings you into 2000lbs payload if it was applied in your scenario.

My FX4 quad cab has a payload of 1491 according to the door. In the same scenario applied, I'd have 2391.

Sent from my iPhone

Yes exactly for a normal f150, and they have two high payload packages on top of that, the one with 18s is the 2660 lbs.

#canadastrong

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
payload on a crew 6.0 gmc 2014 hd 2500 is 2733 lbs. No one would bat an eye at one of those with a deck on it. Soon as its a 150 or 1500. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. payloads 2660 ON THE f150! oh no......might be snow on the sleds or in the undercarridge of the truck, you might have 6 magazines in the seat pocket, you might have 3 pairs of white oakleys hanging from the visor. its still double the payload via website than other 1500s have.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Why, oh why, oh why, oh why, would ANYone wanna put a deck and 2 sleds on a half ton? Whether or not the door sticker says its ok is a moot point here, imo. If you're gonna go buy a new truck anyway (must be if you're talking about aluminum body panels), then why not buy a 250/2500 and NEVER have to worry about it at all?

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
payload on a crew 6.0 gmc 2014 hd 2500 is 2733 lbs. No one would bat an eye at one of those with a deck on it. Soon as its a 150 or 1500. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. payloads 2660 ON THE f150! oh no......might be snow on the sleds or in the undercarridge of the truck, you might have 6 magazines in the seat pocket, you might have 3 pairs of white oakleys hanging from the visor. its still double the payload via website than other 1500s have.

dont get all pissy im hoping this is doable but people want all the factors if so i may be buying one in the next 2 years or so if it all checks out

Why, oh why, oh why, oh why, would ANYone wanna put a deck and 2 sleds on a half ton? Whether or not the door sticker says its ok is a moot point here, imo. If you're gonna go buy a new truck anyway (must be if you're talking about aluminum body panels), then why not buy a 250/2500 and NEVER have to worry about it at all?

mpg show me a 3/4 gasser that gets same mpg as a 1/2

as mentioned before ive been holding onto my older rig until something comes along that fits what i need/want

a 1/2 with these numbers (if true)fits my bill and probably a lot of others to

keep in mind i dont want a diesel im looking at gas only and i dont want mulitple vehicles to maintain/insure/register etc..

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol I seen that chart and the specs are very vague as to the type of truck it is etc. if guys think a king ranch and a xlt will think they have the same payload than think again.

I see nothing but trouble with that aluminum body. Steel and aluminum do not go well with one another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
mpg show me a 3/4 gasser that gets same mpg as a 1/2

as mentioned before ive been holding onto my older rig until something comes along that fits what i need/want

a 1/2 with these numbers (if true)fits my bill and probably a lot of others to

keep in mind i dont want a diesel im looking at gas only

You spend 15K on a sled, and God knows how much money on fuel and travel and hotel rooms, etc. to go sledding for a weekend, and you're worried about an extra 5mpg? Ok then. Here's hoping the new Smart car comes with a high payload.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new F150 has an aluminum box if I understand it correctly. Wouldn't that be trouble with a deck's feet having like 1700 lbs on them? Might have a run a large sheet of plywood in the box to spread the load?

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would run one for sure if i could, Then i could sell my monster gas sucker. My 08 f250 uses 300 ltrs on a round trip to and from vale with a deck and two doos on it.. driving 105km/hr too.. In the hundred times ive gone to and from ive never even seen a dot watchin the roads so i would take my chances especially if i was legal..

Top Bottom