Will you get to ride your Ski-Doo next winter ??

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be done before you take delivery, it’s a oil calibration issue in the ECM, only takes 15min.
Seems like this happens every year. Almost think its better to grab new sleds late to save a return trip to the dealer

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Seems like this happens every year. Almost think its better to grab new sleds late to save a return trip to the dealer
But if it is completed before u even take delivery, would it be part of original build and PDI rather that a Recall?
Curious mind working away?

LOL. Ha Ha

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are old sleds now , 3rd model run for the t Doo. What's changed that they need a calibration update? More or less oil?

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
These are old sleds now , 3rd model run for the t Doo. What's changed that they need a calibration update? More or less oil?
constantly tweaking the sled to make it better through different calibrations, most is never mentioned because then negative people think the old version will break, or is bad, cause why fix it. They are always trying to make them better and the whole years is needed for that to happen so its a constant work in progress.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the oil pumps have a number assigned to them which is printed on the outside of the pump itself that relates to oil flow and the ecu needs to have the same number programmed in it to properly oil the machine.
for whatever reason, the pump number and ecu are different coming from the factory. my pump number was 5 and the ecu was set to 8.
the dealer just plugs into buds and changes the number on a menu. takes about 5 minutes.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But if it is completed before u even take delivery, would it be part of original build and PDI rather that a Recall?
Curious mind working away?

LOL. Ha Ha
It is a warranty recall so whether they do it at pdi or after the unit has been delivered the dealer will still get paid for it.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the oil pumps have a number assigned to them which is printed on the outside of the pump itself that relates to oil flow and the ecu needs to have the same number programmed in it to properly oil the machine.
for whatever reason, the pump number and ecu are different coming from the factory. my pump number was 5 and the ecu was set to 8.
the dealer just plugs into buds and changes the number on a menu. takes about 5 minutes.
Thanks!

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
constantly tweaking the sled to make it better through different calibrations, most is never mentioned because then negative people think the old version will break, or is bad, cause why fix it. They are always trying to make them better and the whole years is needed for that to happen so its a constant work in progress.

Sounds like there was a bit of an oil pump calibration issue and guys melting down engines?
Not a performance related recalibration?

Screenshot_20211117-215739.jpg

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard. Don’t expect my Turbo expert 165 until Xmas.
Banner in Kelowna.
Ugh

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Turples in Red Deer

Well that sucks. Guessing those are the parts for the the sleds they currently have. I'm was told they still don't even have a delivery date for up 50 snow checks, and unfortunately our group of 4 is on that list. I guess the good part of that is they are supposed to be coming ready to roll.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
What a mess.
Yeah not sure who to believe. I have from a very reliable source (from another dealer) that actually sat down and met with their Rep today that all the parts for sleds that have arrived will be at dealerships by the 27th. So guess sit back and see who is more correct. Its really not a bunch different than what is happening with trucks. Dealers are trying to do their best. However i prefer the more honest approach. Some dealers will tell you that all the components are missing just to save face when it could be all of them or just one of them. Just be honest about it. Anyone in their right mind isn't going to be pissed cause you tell them the truth....a bit disappointed maybe but at least you will know where your $20+K investment is and what's going on with it. On the other end of the spectrum I'm sure that the manufacturer themselves are feeding the dealers a line of bullch!t too.....either or just tell me exactly what you know and don't give me the company line.

Just my two cents ha ha

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, some of this sh!t I really have to question. Like why are the parts coming from the west when Valcourt is in east? Did they train or ship them to Van for distribution? That wouldn't really make sense though seeing as how you're driving past 90% of the dealerships on the way. Did they ship direct from the manufacturer in Taiwan in a seacan? I'm legit wondering here why. Maxwell, snopro - help a dude understand this.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, some of this sh!t I really have to question. Like why are the parts coming from the west when Valcourt is in east? Did they train or ship them to Van for distribution? That wouldn't really make sense though seeing as how you're driving past 90% of the dealerships on the way. Did they ship direct from the manufacturer in Taiwan in a seacan? I'm legit wondering here why. Maxwell, snopro - help a dude understand this.

The sleds are assembled in the east from thousands of components manufactured all over the world. So if the gauges are manufactured overseas, than they would have to arrive at a port and get sent to a distribution centre to get delivered to the dealer.
Ever watch a parcel in transit??? I shipped something to klim years ago, and it ended up in Surrey, than Seattle, all the way to klim.
Straight shot south from Edmonton would of made more sense time wise.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weeeeeeeeeel....to better serve the west BRP built a new parts distribution centre in Richmond, BC. This gives them 1-2 days better service on most BRP shipments. If you ever looked at a complete parts order at a dealership you may see boxes from Richmond, Sherbrooke and even Wausau, Wisconsin

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weeeeeeeeeel....to better serve the west BRP built a new parts distribution centre in Richmond, BC. This gives them 1-2 days better service on most BRP shipments. If you ever looked at a complete parts order at a dealership you may see boxes from Richmond, Sherbrooke and even Wausau, Wisconsin

Yep, up until now the Richmond distribution center has been fantastic. I can order parts on Tuesday and have them for Thursday on almost anything. (Pre angry Mother Nature) so now in this extremely rare event compiled on pandemic chip shortages were just not in great shape. Any industry

Top Bottom