Will you get to ride your Ski-Doo next winter ??

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still haven’t heard from my dealer...on the island. It started out a month ago. Yes we have your sled to last week before the floods we haven’t received your sled but trust us we want you to buy it just like the other 300+ we sold. Guess we will see...I requested start nov pick up... they said for sure end of nov. Nobody has ever called me yet about buying a sled...guess I’m f’d

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats up with all the guys getting sleds from the island?

Unless you live on the island, sounds like a major PITA

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a recall on all 2022 etec engine snowmobiles.
FB_IMG_1637331445218.jpg

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know people that order from Courtenay Motorsports. But whats the deal? Half price? Do you ship it back there for warranty work?

Doesn't make any sense to me, but each to thier own...
Didn't they get in hot water with BRP a few years back for ordering "extra" snowchecks under various names and BRP denied the warranty coverage on those sleds?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Didn't they get in hot water with BRP a few years back for ordering "extra" snowchecks under various names and BRP denied the warranty coverage on those sleds?

I dont know about that, but Its possible.

Must be a good dealer though, if people are buying from them when they live 1000km away.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Must be a good dealer though, if people are buying from them when they live 1000km away.
People like them it seems. They do have low pricing so that obviously helps. BRP looks the other way as the regional
Manager and the owners are pretty tight. Years ago that regional manager who was a district manager at the time called me on the carpet for selling 6 units into the Revelstoke/Sicamous area. My District manager went to bat for me when he pointed out to the guy how many Sea Doos the Sicamous dealer sold into Alberta. End of discussion on that lol. Like I said he’s obviously fine with cross border shopping now and he should be. It’s a free world.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems like lots of dealers have received some sleds, but in no predictable order. I spoke with guys that have received their sleds from, Courtney, Banner in Kelowna, Peace River, heard some in Sask and GP. There were a couple Xs, and a couple Freerides in revy with us last weekend. The guy from PR said he didn't snow check till the last day, and his was one of the first to arrive? Guess they will just show up when they show up.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weeeeeeeeeel....to better serve the west BRP built a new parts distribution centre in Richmond, BC. This gives them 1-2 days better service on most BRP shipments. If you ever looked at a complete parts order at a dealership you may see boxes from Richmond, Sherbrooke and even Wausau, Wisconsin
Ahhh, that makes sense. thanks

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca

I buy from GVP in Langley. Its a buddy I ride with that owns it and they are real good to deal with. My sled stays at my cabin so any warranty work he just takes it back with him so double bonus. I used to buy all my sleds from A and E but since I don’t bring them back to Brooks I don’t buy them there anymore. I still buy all my gear and parts from them though as I have a killer relationship with them. They are a great dealer in Alberta. This year with the washed out roads though it sounds like my sled might be stuck on a trailer in Vernon waiting to get through so hopefully it comes through. Don’t need it till Xmas anyway.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Courtney Motorsports is a great dealer,I'm on the island so that helps but they are good people and always have taken care of me on the 3 new sleds I bought and my brother has purchased 3 side by sides,always great service and price, been great to us.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Courtney Motorsports is a great dealer,I'm on the island so that helps but they are good people and always have taken care of me on the 3 new sleds I bought and my brother has purchased 3 side by sides,always great service and price, been great to us.
Forsure, but If you could get your sleds 500$ cheaper in Saskatchewan would you buy there instead?

Last edited:

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
Jesse Morgan at Gateway Sales and Service in Rocky Mountain House is far and away the best Skidoo/Can Am/KTM/Kawasaki sales person I've had the pleasure of dealing with. She is honest and upfront of what she can do for you and gives great deal on accessories after the fact. I've dealt with 6 different Can Am and Skidoo dealers. This time i thought i would change it up and went to a different dealer and really regret that decision. I've learned my lesson with this sled and will go back to Gateway from now on. At least i can get honest and upfront information from her and not the company line like i get in other places.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know people that order from Courtenay Motorsports. But whats the deal? Half price? Do you ship it back there for warranty work?

Doesn't make any sense to me, but each to thier own...
They deliver and pick up (Sicamous) if it needs to go back for repair and the story around town is pricing is good and service is excellent.

If you are in the Shuswap the closer option in Vernon is not only high price to purchase new but the service side is so bad so people are willing to buy from the island.

I have purchased from Cochrane and hauled it there if needed for warranty work but I have reasons to go to Calgary frequently. Its all about expectations when it blows. Either of the calgary or island options are fair about getting repairs done in reasonable time frames. The more local option in Vernon are not. You can walk in there and stand there for 15 minutes and they ignore you. Then when you leave they say "thanks for coming in" lol

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People like them it seems. They do have low pricing so that obviously helps. BRP looks the other way as the regional
Manager and the owners are pretty tight. Years ago that regional manager who was a district manager at the time called me on the carpet for selling 6 units into the Revelstoke/Sicamous area. My District manager went to bat for me when he pointed out to the guy how many Sea Doos the Sicamous dealer sold into Alberta. End of discussion on that lol. Like I said he’s obviously fine with cross border shopping now and he should be. It’s a free world.
He told me the Sicamous/Revy corridor is an open market so he is allowed to sell into it. He certainly does sell a lot of units here.

Top Bottom