2020 Ski Doo Summit SP 175 Review

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting about the fuel consumption. The only polaris guy I ride with uses consistently 20% more fuel than I would in his new 850 pro. Both the same track length and riding all the same lines. The couple of factory turbos we demoed are a very different story though. Those things are thirsty.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting about the fuel consumption. The only polaris guy I ride with uses consistently 20% more fuel than I would in his new 850 pro. Both the same track length and riding all the same lines. The couple of factory turbos we demoed are a very different story though. Those things are thirsty.

Really? The Polaris tank is nearly the same as a skidoo g4 + 11L jerry. Our group is half Polaris and half doo and the skidoo’s always use more fuel (both 850).

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well considering I've blown up just about every single 2 stroke engine I've ever owned, I don't think I'll be turning the oiler down because that's the first thing the dealer is going to use against me. I just don't get why the NA needs to use 15:1 ratio to hold together. I thought it was built to be heavy duty and reliable? I'll take the oil cost over my last sleds exploding clutches/motor and random bogs at the worst times.

Could be Johny but been running around 3 litres a tank of fuel on the redline kit and no problems with 850 at 7lbs

Older impulse was around a liter or two a tank and been good..

Gets expensive using a full jug of oil a ride I bet and uncalled for

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This post has me thinking of trying something else. The sidehill on my 850T is decent, but if the snow is so so, its a beast to hold it on line. In deep snow I find it wants to either washout or climb back up hill, maybe my foot position isn't ideal?

I agree with the ruts and crappy snow conditions, feels like I have to wrestle the sled to go where I want it?

Id be curious to try the new Polaris out.
Skidoo’s Need good ski rubbers. It’s not the t motion. While sidebanging a hill your on the hill ski hits a bump which lifts the tip. That acts like a brake slowing the sled But your still on the gas which causes a fishtail reaction. Now washout happens. Upgraded ski rubber will do wonders. Next is softer shock settings and quick connect sway bar for the alpine.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skidoo’s Need good ski rubbers. It’s not the t motion. While sidebanging a hill your on the hill ski hits a bump which lifts the tip. That acts like a brake slowing the sled But your still on the gas which causes a fishtail reaction. Now washout happens. Upgraded ski rubber will do wonders. Next is softer shock settings and quick connect sway bar for the alpine.
Durapro?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup, exactly. We have added the Munster ski stiffeners, removed the black tips, and run the sway bar disconnect snd makes a world of difference

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, exactly. We have added the Munster ski stiffeners, removed the black tips, and run the sway bar disconnect snd makes a world of difference
I thought the new spindle was supposed to solve all this.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
much respect .. where is BusBy alberTa .. I've travel alberta for almost 30 + years .. I'm curios to where this kool spot is in alberts .. thanks for sharing

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm going to try the cheapest 2 next time I ride. Thanks.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought the new spindle was supposed to solve all this.

it certainly made an improvement. to be honest ive never had an issue with getting my machine where it needs to go in steep sidehill situations but ive spent my life on this machine so i think i am just so used to where my body needs to be to make it do what i want to do and could see how someone just getting on a G4 from another chassis might have issues.

as for crossing hard tracks, yea the skidoo does not excel at that. Partially due to how much further forward and directly inline with the front suspension you are. it feeeds it back into you more than a chassis that you are way further back on. Not sure what the solution is for that.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it certainly made an improvement. to be honest ive never had an issue with getting my machine where it needs to go in steep sidehill situations but ive spent my life on this machine so i think i am just so used to where my body needs to be to make it do what i want to do and could see how someone just getting on a G4 from another chassis might have issues.

as for crossing hard tracks, yea the skidoo does not excel at that. Partially due to how much further forward and directly inline with the front suspension you are. it feeeds it back into you more than a chassis that you are way further back on. Not sure what the solution is for that.
Oh don't get me wrong it goes where it needs to. Just having significant time on the other brands as well I notice it.

Your right the tmotion lockout helps too. Did the mainwaysolutions lockout after a halfn dozen days this year. If a guy gets rowdy enough you can still wash out from the track flexing, but that can be fun too.

o zone guy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

redesign the front skies put some fingers on them i explain further ... BRPmusT stay away from simm- ions patent rights .. but can brush up against sim -mions ideas bites into the snow ..reduce wash out ... less chatter in all forms .. less turbulence ... first point of contact is the skies going forward ... like the nose of a plane ... the nose must serve many functions starting at the front limiting turbulence and vibration and decrease this effect to the back of the plane to make passengers comfortable and feel safe .. along with the pilots ...back in a minute

Last edited:
Top Bottom