Will you get to ride your Ski-Doo next winter ??

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They deliver and pick up (Sicamous) if it needs to go back for repair and the story around town is pricing is good and service is excellent.

If you are in the Shuswap the closer option in Vernon is not only high price to purchase new but the service side is so bad so people are willing to buy from the island.

I have purchased from Cochrane and hauled it there if needed for warranty work but I have reasons to go to Calgary frequently. Its all about expectations when it blows. Either of the calgary or island options are fair about getting repairs done in reasonable time frames. The more local option in Vernon are not. You can walk in there and stand there for 15 minutes and they ignore you. Then when you leave they say "thanks for coming in" lol

I find if you go up to the counter and stair at them for a bit, or maybe even say hi or something, they'll start talking.

Results may vary. lol

Ive had really good luck at Banner in Golden. Only have been at the one in Vernon a few times, but i know people in Revy that seem to like it.

I know Courtney Motor sports is popular in the Okanagan, seems like they are expanding into Alberta now!

Theyll be world wide soon, and good on em.

Like i said, they must be a kick ass dealer.

Last edited:

GRD

Reaction score
I find if you go up to the counter and stair at them for a bit, or maybe even say hi or something, they'll start talking.

Results may vary. lol

Ive had really good luck at Banner in Golden. Only have been at the one in Vernon a few times, but i know people in Revy that seem to like it.

I know Courtney Motor sports is popular in the Okanagan, seems like they are expanding into Alberta now!

Theyll be world wide soon, and good on em.

Like i said, they must be a kick ass dealer.
I just saw on Stewart's facebook (Courtenay Motor Sports owner) for the sleds he is delivering to Sicamous, that is is taking them through Washington...

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Results may vary. lol
Have tried the hello thing before. Not very responsive lol You would think when my wife was trying helmets on they might try to sell one. Sales guy just sat on his fat ass looking at his computer. I was buying parts from the parts gal. She is ok.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He told me the Sicamous/Revy corridor is an open market so he is allowed to sell into it. He certainly does sell a lot of units here.
Yeah I'm not so sure of that Bert. I have sat through numerous meetings over the years with my DM's explaining where my PMA (personal market area) is. They tell you that they can not tell you where you can sell product or where you can't but they try and discourage you from selling out of your "territory". All of your certification is pretty much designed to kick in if you meet their requirements and one of them is to dominate your own PMA. In Cochrane we sold the vast majority of our units into the Calgary market yet even though we were only 15 minutes from the city limits we did not receive any credit for those sales. Its a convoluted system but the important thing is the manufacturer is happy if they have as much control over their dealers as possible. Are you surprised? Lol

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always used- Motortech in Golden. The Baun's were awesome. First class service. Once Banner took over, Lucky I knew Tim who took care of me but since then I have moved on. Buy 8-10 sleds over the years from them and they won't even work you a deal is kind of f'd....
They still service my sled and will take care of me but its only because of personal connections so yeah im on island time these days! great bunch of folk!

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I for one used to deal at rtr in Kamloops. Service was amazing. They helped me out lots when I had a bad 2018 with belt blowing issues. They always got it in. And there sales guy who has now moved on used to meet me there after hours so I could drop off or pick up my sleds. Second to none service. But still a ways from reve where I ride but live in sask. I went dealerless for a few years after I bought a used sled. Tough times. I have now checked through banner in Lethbridge. I’m hoping it’s a good dealership. Owner seems like a good guy. Stewart on the island was going to be my next choice I think.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always used- Motortech in Golden. The Baun's were awesome. First class service. Once Banner took over, Lucky I knew Tim who took care of me but since then I have moved on. Buy 8-10 sleds over the years from them and they won't even work you a deal is kind of f'd....
They still service my sled and will take care of me but its only because of personal connections so yeah im on island time these days! great bunch of folk!
Randy and Daun were the epitomy of what a dealer was supposed to be. Great folks and sorely missed.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211119-200052.jpg

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy picked up his '22 last week from Banner.
Toby Creek had a lynx out in the snow last week too.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Randy and Daun were the epitomy of what a dealer was supposed to be. Great folks and sorely missed.
Doug an Jame up at Civic in Westlock we’re the best ever. Never have I experienced better service and commitment from a dealer. Jame still my Doo guru an will be till it’s over.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
54 North is a new dealer in Bonnyville AB....
As a new dealer and this Covid crap, and initial cost and set up,,, they are are very stand up so far...
I purchased my new snowcheck from them....
Full of fuel and oil..
Help load,,,,the list goes on and on.

If they continue like that they will continue to exceed standards and have an exceptional customer base.

The owner is a stand up guy (Fair, honest, and easy to communicate with) and who ensures top quality standards and staff.

He is also a rider , so he knows what we want....

They have all the great machines to make to make parts.. I think its called a C and C...lathes,,etc
Lockout, wheels,,etc...

I know I kinda derailed thread but as far I know,,,,BRP riders have nothing to worry about as far as getting and riding there their new products....

Now oil and parts could be a different story???

Top Bottom