Will you get to ride your Ski-Doo next winter ??

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m the same. I don’t care what gauge is in it. I don’t even care about the money. I just way to rip snow in 2 weeks. Haha
I am more concerned about parts shortages.
Dealer only has 3 belts in stock and they are backordered.
Oil is being limited.
Jerry cans non existent.
Skis backordered till January.

Gonna be akward when you can't get xps oil and they tell you to run it with something else.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 247269

Pic above is by a dealer on fb.

I ordered an X. Both the spec sheet from the spring and the current parts fiche show the larger gauge. Quite disappointing if BRP doesn't equip the sled as advertised. Retrofitting at a later date is understandable, but "you get what you get" is a bit of a piss off.

Ironically the part is in stock and you can order it from the brp website. :unsure:

I guess it could be worse. Apparently all 2022 Polaris 850 engines need to be replaced due to "faulty internal components." :oops:
............View attachment 247302
Screenshot_20211112-081422.jpg

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He may have snowchecked the in season model? Then he would have just as much right to an early pickup?
To follow up it was an in season, not a snowchecked in season.

When are vin# for snowchecks assigned?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To follow up it was an in season, not a snowchecked in season.

When are vin# for snowchecks assigned?
Assigned at the dealer. Say you get a shipment of 5 units same model number. We used to go by when you snow checked and call that first 5 guys that ordered that specific model first. If someone said they didn't want it that quick we went down the line till we found one that did. If someone shopped around the province then snow checked last day and wanted theirs first we made sure they got it last. Lol

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Assigned at the dealer. Say you get a shipment of 5 units same model number. We used to go by when you snow checked and call that first 5 guys that ordered that specific model first. If someone said they didn't want it that quick we went down the line till we found one that did. If someone shopped around the province then snow checked last day and wanted theirs first we made sure they got it last. Lol
Lol

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Y
It is what it is. All of this is out of the dealer and the manufacturer hands. Covid shortages have made the bed they have to sleep in. I think the majority of peeps will be happy to have a sled to ride. Gauges are gauges. I know no one that upgraded because the Doo gauge has gone from 1”x5” to 2”x 6”. I’m glad I’m not a dealer anymore. There will lots of half cuppers out there I’m sure that the dealers will have to deal with.
ah but where do you draw the line , my lynx 4100 is in but no gauge, no dess post , and possibly no ecm, havent opeNed the crate yet at the dealership . Sold my 18 and no ride . No snow either so that helps but wow , I understand the difficulties but crap that is not what I ordered

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just saw 2 edges at Quartz....wtf...I still don’t have a phone call with the news my sled is ready to go....

Reactions: H-D
Top Bottom