Will you get to ride your Ski-Doo next winter ??

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you I'm beyond excited, I'm curious as to how good the 2.5 is going to do in the deep. I'm used to 3" so if i'm not a fan I'll put a 3inch on it!

you'd be surprised. i found the 2.5 to perform almost as good when your moving as it just makes more track speed. That being said its way less forgiving and you really need to be on the ball. When its time to bail its time to bail. Not much forgiveness once you start losing ground speed. But its more durable and hooks up better in a greater range of snow conditions. I would do it again.

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you'd be surprised. i found the 2.5 to perform almost as good when your moving as it just makes more track speed. That being said its way less forgiving and you really need to be on the ball. When its time to bail its time to bail. Not much forgiveness once you start losing ground speed. But its more durable and hooks up better in a greater range of snow conditions. I would do it again.
Great to know, I've always known to keep momentum because did roughly 4 mountain seasons with 146" 2.25" summits in the mountains. It'll be intersting!

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New sled is home!
IMG_5169.jpg

IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5172.jpg

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now I see why it is called triple black. I like it.
Now the million dollar question, is that the big gauge or the small gauge? I don’t know how to tell them apart.

NeilV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now I see why it is called triple black. I like it.
Now the million dollar question, is that the big gauge or the small gauge? I don’t know how to tell them apart.

That is the new gauge that is was supposed to come with. The black handlebars are a nice touch too.

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it seems like the sleds that have been at the dealer for a while still don’t have gauges and new sleds arrive fully ready to rip all over Canada. I hope the guys waiting on gauges don’t get screwed.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He may have snowchecked the in season model? Then he would have just as much right to an early pickup?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it seems like the sleds that have been at the dealer for a while still don’t have gauges and new sleds arrive fully ready to rip all over Canada. I hope the guys waiting on gauges don’t get screwed.
Yeah I guess everything shipping now is complete minus the dess.

Dealer was told he should have all the guages by the end of November.

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope your dealer is right. Mine is saying they have no eta whatsoever as to when gauges are going to show up but new sleds are showing ready to ride. Some of the guys he had to call and tell that there sleds weren’t gonna be ready till January now have there sleds. But guys who’s sleds have been sitting at the dealer since October 5th without gauges are still missing em. Mine got there October 5th. No gauge

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screenshot (7).png

Pic above is by a dealer on fb.

I ordered an X. Both the spec sheet from the spring and the current parts fiche show the larger gauge. Quite disappointing if BRP doesn't equip the sled as advertised. Retrofitting at a later date is understandable, but "you get what you get" is a bit of a piss off.

Ironically the part is in stock and you can order it from the brp website. :unsure:

I guess it could be worse. Apparently all 2022 Polaris 850 engines need to be replaced due to "faulty internal components." :oops:

Last edited:

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in the end i dont care about the gauge. i would rather have the new one of course and yes it was my understanding that at least the summit X would have it. If it was suppose to have it and we dont get it fine but give us a few bucks off the sled (and by a few bucks I mean like a couple hundred) every dealer knows we will just give it right back to them. with parts anyway. makes them look good though

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m the same. I don’t care what gauge is in it. I don’t even care about the money. I just way to rip snow in 2 weeks. Haha

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is what it is. All of this is out of the dealer and the manufacturer hands. Covid shortages have made the bed they have to sleep in. I think the majority of peeps will be happy to have a sled to ride. Gauges are gauges. I know no one that upgraded because the Doo gauge has gone from 1”x5” to 2”x 6”. I’m glad I’m not a dealer anymore. There will lots of half cuppers out there I’m sure that the dealers will have to deal with.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in the end i dont care about the gauge. i would rather have the new one of course and yes it was my understanding that at least the summit X would have it. If it was suppose to have it and we dont get it fine but give us a few bucks off the sled (and by a few bucks I mean like a couple hundred) every dealer knows we will just give it right back to them. with parts anyway. makes them look good though
Remember that time the 15 t3 was coming with a lightweight can.

Top Bottom