Who rode the 2013 xm and what do u think ?

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am getting to ride them in the next month or so hopefully. I will let you know how it is after I ride it.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do what you want to the other threads, just dont fug this one up is all I ask. I can just as easily Stir up shat on ALL the threads involved with the pro, so play nice.
Maybe... Tall order from this guy:Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release And then he woke up folRe: 2013 Pro RMK Release umm, no, we're just be on there to try to talk common sense into you foos. Otherwise we would be talking about how we can detune our sleds so you can keep up. Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release oh yeah? Well lets take it to the bike racks after school!! :cool: Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release WOW 48 hours later... Nothing to talk about...sure is dead here.These Pros, I see a lot of women riding them,,,I have a question:Do they come in Men's?? :cool: Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release It's called TECHNOLOGY.Just like rider forward, RER, Polaris will follow. Maybe not for a couple of years, and it might be a little different to avoid patent hassles... but, Oh Yes they will... Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release Unfortnately, it's not all about the rider. The sled has a lot to do with it.Let's see Burandt dipsydoodle a Nytro like he does a Pro. Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release Not worried, I don't really give a rats azz if it's "approved by whoever" when I buy my goods.Home depot is big on the Martha Stewart crap, It works for a year or 2, then the fog clears out of the... Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release You mean the open nostril feature which can make boogs fly? Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release I think it's all great, but the"Burant Approved" crap is a little gimmicky??Kinda like the george Forman grille. we all get old and fat.. LOL Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release I have a sneaking suspicion that the snowchecks won't be as high as last years... Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release No no... It's "MOST" flickable. Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release I guess to reference gearing, you would have to stick with ratios now. The old 21/45 gearing is gonna be a thing of the past. I am sure the belts would stay the same length, and the pulleys would be...

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do what you want to the other threads, just dont fug this one up is all I ask. I can just as easily Stir up shat on ALL the threads involved with the pro, so play nice.

Cuso,
Don't worry I have no interested in talking bad about skidoo and for the most part "try" to limit my interjections to constructive comments (with few exceptions). I love skidoo and always have. Hell, I love snomobiles. I think BRP's ideas are always ingenuitive and push the bar in the snowmobile industry. I would jump at the chance to ride the new XM as I would for a pro-climb or even a Yammy (I'll leave it once its stuck though).

My point is I was following the Pro RMK thread daily for INFORMATION but had to wading through all the Bull (like I quoted above). I just find it dissapointing that you would make this request given how active (but not constructive) you were on the pro thread. I guess you get to decide which threads are safe... for all brands.

Of course I wouldn't stoop to that level.

:beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My problem with the po po pros is the same as when the 08 Xps came out.

Taking too much meat away for weight savings comes at a cost of bulkhead and tunnel weakness

Sent from my HTC-using Tapatalk

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is why this thread was created.
Did you ever happen to go to the 2 doo threads, the reveal, and the spy pics threads?

Their hammered and still are getting hammered with useless junk. It's entertaining, but at lease I kept it to the 1 poo release thread.
3 posts in my collage of quotes were not even against polaris. A couple were actually helpful.

So go to Polaris, stay away from the release thread and you will be safe.:thumbsup2:

Cuso,
Don't worry I have no interested in talking bad about skidoo and for the most part "try" to limit my interjections to constructive comments (with few exceptions). I love skidoo and always have. Hell, I love snomobiles. I think BRP's ideas are always ingenuitive and push the bar in the snowmobile industry. I would jump at the chance to ride the new XM as I would for a pro-climb or even a Yammy (I'll leave it once its stuck though).

My point is I was following the Pro RMK thread daily for INFORMATION but had to wading through all the Bull (like I quoted above). I just find it dissapointing that you would make this request given how active (but not constructive) you were on the pro thread. I guess you get to decide which threads are safe... for all brands.

Of course I wouldn't stoop to that level.

:beer:

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brp's webpage said the sp was 5lbs heavier than the spring check though. It has an aluminum body, light weight hpg+ shocks and light weight handle bars over the sp model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the only difference between the summit x and the summit xp is.. the X has the different bars, better shocks and the different mountain bar.. thats it thats all.. i have been looking at them the last few days.

and i asked around and the reason the weight wont drop, is cuz look at what happened when the 08xp came out.. it hit a bump and folded.. the sled the way it is is so much better then whats out their to offer at the moment..

just my .02c

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see the summit x has only one colour scheme... Yeller and black,
The SP colours are nicer, I likey the orange.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the only difference between the summit x and the summit xp is.. the X has the different bars, better shocks and the different mountain bar.. thats it thats all.. i have been looking at them the last few days.

and i asked around and the reason the weight wont drop, is cuz look at what happened when the 08xp came out.. it hit a bump and folded.. the sled the way it is is so much better then whats out their to offer at the moment..

just my .02c

I have way to much respect for my friends in the engineering group in the Doo mountain segment to believe that this is as light as they can make a Summit that will live. I still believe the 08 was a solid piece for the mountains if you didn't hit an immovable object. It was a great sled that for whatever reason came out with a wide ski stance and some questionable parts purchasing for the finished product. We have more than enough resources at our disposal as a company to dominate any market we choose in the recreational industry. Jose Boisjoli has an unbelievable thirst for market domination and superior product and innovation. This gunfight is far from over. This commercial was brought to you by the good folks at Dooing it right. We now return to regular programming.........

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have way to much respect for my friends in the engineering group in the Doo mountain segment to believe that this is as light as they can make a Summit that will live. I still believe the 08 was a solid piece for the mountains if you didn't hit an immovable object. It was a great sled that for whatever reason came out with a wide ski stance and some questionable parts purchasing for the finished product. We have more than enough resources at our disposal as a company to dominate any market we choose in the recreational industry. Jose Boisjoli has an unbelievable thirst for market domination and superior product and innovation. This gunfight is far from over. This commercial was brought to you by the good folks at Dooing it right. We now return to regular programming.........

You know, as much as I'd love to get into another bash fest with you (they are fun !), what you say is, for the most part, true and in the end, pushes our sport forward. I still really want to ride this new XM. The suspension does seem a little gimmicky, but , believe it or not , I do have an open mind and want to try it.

sledxp

Reaction score
i rode the 2013 on monday and it blew me away, i ride a 11 e-tec and the new one is so much easier to ride in waist deep pow. uphill she climbs so good and downhill carves go where you point it. side hilling is even more stable and can ride in a huge rut on a steep hill without getting bounced around. i tried a few downhill 180 back uphill and could do 360 and ride out of it in waist deep. its sick. my 2012 poo buddy rode it with me and hes switching. this sled can push your riding to another level.
i rode the x and in season one didn't notice that much difference

Last edited by a moderator:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right off skidoos website. heh what did a 06/07rev weigh in at??? probably less than that from factory. I am all for skidoo, love the product but some of this stuff thats new really should have been on the first issue xps's IE. storage, 2 wheel, & stiff grab bar

468-473 lbs depending on year and track length

Attachments

• SPEC_SummitXRS159.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 151

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a buddy today who is a good friend of Rob Alford. He said Rob has put over 1000kms on the new sled already and says it is unbelievable. Very predictable sidehilling and easily will make you a better rider. And.........no problems with rear suspension durability. We all know how Rob rides them so that is good enough for me.

bhowes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will pipe in after the weekend and i have some seat time on the thing but so far im thinkn pretty awesome sled

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can go in as many threads as I wish. All of them for that matter. Just because YOU decide THIS one is sacred does not make it so. Regardless, I have not bashed anything. The same can not be said for you.

He has spoken...

I feel less safe for having posted this.

That is why this thread was created.
Did you ever happen to go to the 2 doo threads, the reveal, and the spy pics threads?

Their hammered and still are getting hammered with useless junk. It's entertaining, but at lease I kept it to the 1 poo release thread.
3 posts in my collage of quotes were not even against polaris. A couple were actually helpful.

So go to Polaris, stay away from the release thread and you will be safe.:thumbsup2:

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats all you have?? Thanks for stoppin by.

Aaaannnd stay out!!!!

Lmao!

i can go in as many threads as i wish. All of them for that matter. Just because you decide this one is sacred does not make it so. Regardless, i have not bashed anything. The same can not be said for you.

He has spoken...

I feel less safe for having posted this.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya if alford has been abusing one for 1000 km's off revy riding and especially this year you know that sled works! I know kuster has been abusing the snot out of a few of them to in the malakwa area and he stated no issues at all and the thing is just flat out awesome! Thank god none of them are saying oh dude it's so flickable!

Top Bottom