Who rode the 2013 xm and what do u think ?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently all these guys that have been riding them for 6 weeks don't have any feedback to offer us.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
copied from another forum...

Wow.
Just back from riding 2013 prototypes in Joss Pass near Revelstoke. I managed an invite and got to ride with an awesome crew from Pemby /Whistler area on 2 prototypes Sunday. 10 guys and girls spent the day in 2 feet of fresh thrashing away on new Summits. The coolest thing was we all had our own sleds to jump back and forth from the proto's.
I was prepared to be not impressed and I was way wrong. I was expecting belt drive/weight reduction bla,bla,bla. What I got to witness was a sled that will INSTANTLY make you a better rider.
I was a bit dissapointed Sunday morning when at Carl Kusters they pulled the wraps off the new units. But after 1 ride, then after many pulls during the day, I was very impressed.
The sled handles and pulls over and carves like unbelievable. It is going to be MUCH easier on your body at the end of the day. Smaller guys, women, kids, fat old guys, seasoned veterens, new age rock star sledders will all like this chassis.
It is not just one thing either. It is all the little things that add up, steering geometry, new spindles, skid frame, front and rear arms, skis, footwells, body panels, running boards, track, guages, bars, switches.
I can only say one thing. Unless you have a way to pay for a new sled. DON'T ride one of these.

Thanks to the Guides Dan, Rob, and all the gang at BRP and Kusters for makin this happen.

Special thanks to Albert Bush from Valley Chainsaw in Pemby for inviting me.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy f-bomb.... this summit x weights in at 472lbs..... really guys!!!! Love all the new ideas and all but.... 472lbs. Mind yea the sp is in at 469lbs. I think i will keep trashing my 08 for a while and/or upgrade the rear skid

should say though the price looks nice!

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy f-bomb.... this summit x weights in at 472lbs..... really guys!!!! Love all the new ideas and all but.... 472lbs. Mind yea the sp is in at 469lbs. I think i will keep trashing my 08 for a while and/or upgrade the rear skid

Where are all these bogus numbers coming from ? I just looked at the dealer binder this morning and the 154x is 459 and the 163x is 464. The SP 154 is actually lighter than the x. That is the info right off the dealer spec sheet.

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are all these bogus numbers coming from ? I just looked at the dealer binder this morning and the 154x is 459 and the 163x is 464. The SP 154 is actually lighter than the x. That is the info right off the dealer spec sheet.
On doos site their numbers are just a little higher then yours. You just have dealer propaganda snopro. J/k.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear that 4* angle tilting suspension jibber jabber acts as an excellent set of training wheels for that little boys sled... Hahahaha I'm just messin around (B)

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

right off skidoos website. heh what did a 06/07rev weigh in at??? probably less than that from factory. I am all for skidoo, love the product but some of this stuff thats new really should have been on the first issue xps's IE. storage, 2 wheel, & stiff grab bar

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Brp's webpage said the sp was 5lbs heavier than the spring check though. It has an aluminum body, light weight hpg+ shocks and light weight handle bars over the sp model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll go back and reread it. These Poo guys have got me confused with all there numbers they are throwing out there. Lol.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I can't wait to give 'er a try.
Hope the naysayers can let go and let this thread stay untainted for doo riders.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but that rear suspension where the 2 arms meet and form that ball joint looks like a weak spot. Be interesting to see how that holds up to a trip or two up the ungroomed trail to chappel.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been tested, and tested again, The pivot was about 3 1/2 inches wide before, It seems to appear strong. It could be a bushing inside that needs replacing like a ski spindle.. I dunno...
I honestly think there will someday be an option to lock this out, or increase this feature to say 6 degrees, depending on the rider's preference. With a click of a knob it tightens up, or loosens up.

sledslut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well iam as we speek in Orlando, FL. and yes the weights are the same.. but the one girl thats with us is like. 100lbs ( soaking wet) and can roll it over wiht out even using her weight. its going to be a very wicked sled. that new rear skid is gonna be trick. all the new stuff they have done.. the 8" more forward for your feet, the running boards, the fact you can take the hood and everything off in under 2min. the list goes on..

but ya i want to get on it.. other then in the showroom. i have rode that rear skid already and its ill quote 2 people that have rode it.. " if you wanted to carve your name in the snow you can" its just really nimble and huckable.

but again just wait tell you can get on it. very awesome.

tonight i will post pics of it.. i will add all the ones i have on my phone. or if i can ill grab some from facebook..

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmmnnnn some interesting reviews. Sounds like they didn't do anything for weight but like all other models there is always room for aftermarket improvements to lighten it up!!
Time will tell how it turns out......

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope the naysayers can let go and let this thread stay untainted for doo riders.
LOL... what comes around goes around! :arguebats:

Maybe... Tall order from this guy:

Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release And then he woke up fol

Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release umm, no, we're just be on there to try to talk common sense into you foos. Otherwise we would be talking about how we can detune our sleds so you can keep up.

Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release oh yeah? Well lets take it to the bike racks after school!! :cool:

Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release WOW 48 hours later... Nothing to talk about...sure is dead here.
These Pros, I see a lot of women riding them,,,
I have a question:
Do they come in Men's?? :cool:

Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release It's called TECHNOLOGY.
Just like rider forward, RER, Polaris will follow. Maybe not for a couple of years, and it might be a little different to avoid patent hassles... but, Oh Yes they will...

Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release Unfortnately, it's not all about the rider. The sled has a lot to do with it.
Let's see Burandt dipsydoodle a Nytro like he does a Pro.

Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release Not worried, I don't really give a rats azz if it's "approved by whoever" when I buy my goods.
Home depot is big on the Martha Stewart crap, It works for a year or 2, then the fog clears out of the...

Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release You mean the open nostril feature which can make boogs fly?

Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release I think it's all great, but the
"Burant Approved" crap is a little gimmicky??
Kinda like the george Forman grille. we all get old and fat.. LOL

Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release I have a sneaking suspicion that the snowchecks won't be as high as last years...

Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release No no... It's "MOST" flickable.

Re: 2013 Pro RMK Release I guess to reference gearing, you would have to stick with ratios now. The old 21/45 gearing is gonna be a thing of the past. I am sure the belts would stay the same length, and the pulleys would be...

Last edited:

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
very excited to get on one of these sleds. when we were in sicamous we talked to a local who is very knowledgeable and knows a few of the doo proto type testers and team memebers and said there is a 2013 doo that has had a guy riding it for over 2000 km's now and has zero problems! the new suspension works great and the traction you get from the sled is amazing! From hearing the reviews and seeing the potential of this sled I know my next sled is a sno-checked summit X 163 w/aerocharger turbo and boost it Box let me know when sno-checks start SnoPro!

Top Bottom