Tips for getting diesel out of clothes

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take them to a laundry mat and dump in a 2 liter of cheep coka-cola with the laundry.it works great, takes everything out of coveralls, even bitumen

• Thanks
Reactions: LBZ

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You spill diesel on them then you want to return them? Why do you think you can do that? Not a manufacures fault they have diesel on them now

I was joking that's wy I put lol at the end sorry I will try and be more serious.

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was joking that's wy I put lol at the end sorry I will try and be more serious.

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

No problem. Now adays some people would try to return stuff just because.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take them to a laundry mat and dump in a 2 liter of cheep coka-cola with the laundry.it works great, takes everything out of coveralls, even bitumen
Hmmmnnn that might work. Gonna have to try it. Invert is a MF to get out of coveralls and so is Frac oil. Coke seems to clean everything else up so probably would work.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coke does do a excellent job, wouldn't go 2L though, single pair of pants only need a can and some good powder detergent. Expect them to fade fast though.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lestoil is great for removing stains like crude oil on coveralls. You can buy it at Canadian Tire in the household cleaners section. Pour a bunch on and let them soak... then maybe blast them at the car wash before taking them to the laundry mat.... worth a try.

PowderStew

Reaction score
Get some bilge cleaner. Preferably one that only says non-ionic surfactant in the msds, make sure there is no sodium or potasium hydroxide. Usally looks a little thicker than water and has a pleasant smell. Put cloths in 22L pail. Mix a cup or two of bilge cleaner with water as hot as you can get it then fill cloths pail with hot water bilge cleaner mix, make sure all the cloths are realy wet. Let it sit till cold. Once should do it.

Top Bottom