Bought a Trailer

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy bought a trailer the other day for our sledding trips. I didnt have the funds to help out right away but I want to do all the setup at least inside and what not.

Its lined with plywood already. We have some insulation sheets to put behind the walls but I am wondering what to do with the floor. Was thinking line-x coating it or putting down a liner of some sort. Maybe just put down another layer of plywood is enough. We have some ski glides already but maybe we just go the put the skis on wheels and run the sled in rather than deal with ski glides.

For lighting I asked awhile ago and i think the LED strips would be the way to go. Gonna get one of those diesel heaters and I was thinking a fuel tank of some sort so we dont have to continue to mess with so many jerry cans as we fill up in edmonton when we go.

I guess if you guys were doing the inside of a trailer (proper) what would you all do? The goal is to keep the trailer in good shape for as long as possible and have some "comforts" we havent had before.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good heat, glove and boot dryers, and floor drains. Lots of e track

I would FRP the walls next time,

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used truck box liner on my wood trailer floor. I think it worked quite well, and has held up well. I didn't put any dye in it, so it is clear.

I will admit that the ramp doors are slippery, so putting some kind of grippy surface on them could be handy.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out my slow build...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watch the line x
I used truck box liner on my wood trailer floor. I think it worked quite well, and has held up well. I didn't put any dye in it, so it is clear.

I will admit that the ramp doors are slippery, so putting some kind of grippy surface on them could be handy.
LOL was gonna say the same thing. Watch the LineX, etc spray type liners, they are slippery. Traction sand mixed in to the liner when you apply it, or grip tape helps a lot.

Revsxheart - Plumb the heater pipe so that the trailer has lots of circulation. A fan is a must with wet sleds, you'll end up with bad condensation if you don't. Poly and insulate the walls and roof. There's lots of good info in the diesel heater thread about trailer set ups.

Top Bottom