Thoughts on 2013 RMK

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just seen the new pro rmk's on the polaris website and seen what all they did to them and im pretty impressed but im curious what everyone thinks specially on this new belt drive

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if it would have a bit more power it would definately be the ultimate sled!!!love my 12 with 174 and a few goodies..

muddmadness

Reaction score
I definately like the changes, should make an awesome machine even better. Like powderhoundbrr said i think i will wait a year for this industry changing belt drive system to prove its self, but it sure makes a lot of sense. Really like the new colour sceme on the pro

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Just seen the new pro rmk's on the polaris website and seen what all they did to them and im pretty impressed but im curious what everyone thinks specially on this new belt drive

.... Cannot wait....

Last edited:

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they listened to what their customers wanted, with the improved running boards and weight reduction. The other sled manufacturers are going to have to step up to compete in the mountain segment if Polaris keeps the price reasonable.

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like those running boards. The after market running board companies should be getting nervous. It seems all the manufactures are understanding how important this is to everyone.

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i like it alot, its good for manufactuers to think outside the normal. progression is the only way to go. cant wait to see it in action. im a cat guy but i can appreciate a good thing

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
Looks and sounds great hopefully no issues with the new features. Should rip due to shedding 18 pounds from 12 to 13. It will be awesome to ride one and test it out!

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boards are nice but due to the orientation of the grips, I see those absolutely destroying the soles on any boot, and whats wrong with the belt drive? as long as they use a proper belt (Gates) and not some no name, what can go wrong with it, its seem strange that there's no tensioner for taking up slack as the belt stretches.

theunit1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The belt drive has been on cmx custom sleds for ten years and there turbo sleds as well it has way more miles behind it then any other feature on a new sled ,over 15000 lbs of threshhold im not nervous about it great job polaris !!

GuitarMan69

Reaction score
I think the belt drive is awsome, Polychain belts have been used in place of chains for a while now, Harley and lots of bikes use them. The Polychain design does not require a tensioner, as they will not stretch, Re-gearing the sled could be a bit difficult untill the proper sprokets and belt lenghts are available. Just my opinion.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want to ride one!!!! maybe jump ship for a year.......

any demo rides coming this spring????

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dragsters have been useing belts on theirBlowers and cams for a long time ,and they haveThe top horse power in the world / no tensioner/no worries with that set up, This new Polaris crushes all other mountain sleds hands downAnd here I thought my 2011 155 assualt was hot. Lol

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The polaris belt is made by Gates. It will not stretch. Polaris said even if every tooth was stripped off the belt you would still be able to drive it off the mountain.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That thing looks great. I already liked the current rmk's but the improvements look awesome. Hope the belt drive works and the boards don't shred expensive sledding boots. Good job Polaris!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stock for stock, if it had 10 more HP in it, would be freakin wicked.

Belt drive... its proven and is already wider than some of the other out there so no questions there.

hopefully skidoo actually comes through with a game changer

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dragsters have been useing belts on theirBlowers and cams for a long time ,and they haveThe top horse power in the world / no tensioner/no worries with that set up, This new Polaris crushes all other mountain sleds hands downAnd here I thought my 2011 155 assualt was hot. Lol

I just thought i'd point out that this is maybe a little premature since they haven't released the new Summit yet. any weight reduction without sacrificing the overall durability is a good thing and the belt drive imo is a glimpse of the future as well as the new rider friendly boards. NONE of this means anything until we see what it will be compared to when the snow flies next fall!

Top Bottom