2019 Polaris Axys 850 - Things to Watch For

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no, I have ran these plugs in all our 2 stroke bike from 50's to 250's and no issues in my 2021 850. I found with my 20/21 850 that if you didn't touch the throttle until it was warmed up there was no plug fouling issues.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ended up buying a few different plug types for the weekend, but thankfully did not need to replace any throughout the two-day trip. Put NGK BPR8ES's in after cleaning out the pipe & bototm end from all the flooded oil/fuel and sled ran good no issues. Also had a set of 9's and 7's with me on the hill, but as I said, did not need.

I'll be curious to pull the 8's out and see how they are burning, so might do that in next few days, but there is no more oil residue coming from the pipe/y-pipe connection which is good! Sled did randomly turn off on me once right after pulling over while hot. No error code or anything. Maybe an anomaly?

As a side-note, sled does NOT engine brake like my 2018 did, perhaps that is the difference between belt drive and chaincase? Or does anyone have any experience with their 2019 850's and getting them to engine brake better?

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Matryx 850 sucks at engine braking on a downhill. It's basically ineffective, I have to 100% rely on brake handle.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why? There's nothing the engine can do that the brake can't.
I’m likely less experienced of a rider then you, but I really like blipping the throttle and tapping my brake down steep and long hills. Especially if icy/hardpack

Top Bottom