Crazy sled pricing.

Tuesdayyx

Reaction score
Some crazy changes on pricing of sleds, especially polaris. I havent really followed polaris very close the last 5 years as far as the ups and downs of whats good and bad. I have seen a couple of 23 165s listed at 17 000$ new from the dealer all in. Makes a guy think about more when doo is still asking a higher amount. Not trying to start a bash thread just curious to hear inputs on what polaris riders have to say. I have spent a decent amout of time on NA 21-23 polaris 850 and I felt it was comparable to the 21 doo xpert 850 I have been riding.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2023 850 expert NA 165 and would rather have a Polaris, feel way more comfortable on a Matryx than the expert. 165 miles on the expert if anyone has a 2023 or up Polaris 165 850/9r and wants to trade send me a PM

Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d buy a third doo Looking to steal a 154 G5 NA low km. Seen a couple good deals, but nothing low enough yet.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the new left over 23 24 boost and 9rs pricing is in the toilet …. So are the left over Lynx …! Doo is trailing in 3rd place.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a used 2023 doo, I was on the fence between it and the boost. I could have got a brand new boost OTD for cheaper than I got the used skidoo for. Pretty crazy how many 2023 polaris sleds are sitting at dealers. They are dumping them for cheap

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the new left over 23 24 boost and 9rs pricing is in the toilet …. So are the left over Lynx …! Doo is trailing in 3rd place.

But how much is a 9R or Boost worth that only has 1 year warranty - and half of that will be this winter where probably you won't get to ride it due to low snow. If you get one with a clutch that falls off, literally the only fix is a new engine. In that case, what was this sled you bought really worth? Five thousand? Factor in the cost of a brand new motor from the dealership.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you need a new engine when the clutch fails? Just wondering because lots of deals on boosts and might get one.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you need a new engine when the clutch fails? Just wondering because lots of deals on boosts and might get one.
My buddies 23 the primary bolt broke off inside the crank. I think that’s what most of them do. They just replace the motor.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does the bolt break any ways? Maybe there is a better bolt that could be put on from day 1.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alot of the time it damages the crank stub or smokes into the engine block and cracks it, so your usually left with a new engine only option.

not to mention, as a consumer, your clutch flys off...and your engine revs up to 10,000rpm. How happy are you going to be about them just putting a new clutch on....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
alot of the time it damages the crank stub or smokes into the engine block and cracks it, so your usually left with a new engine only option.

not to mention, as a consumer, your clutch flys off...and your engine revs up to 10,000rpm. How happy are you going to be about them just putting a new clutch on....

Were talking off warranty. Off warranty going for the least expensive fix possible and probably doing all the work myself.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree, if it breaks, you replace it. The much worse problem is when it falls off and there is no way to keep it on. New bolt won't fix that. New clutch won't fix that. Need a new motor.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree, if it breaks, you replace it. The much worse problem is when it falls off and there is no way to keep it on. New bolt won't fix that. New clutch won't fix that. Need a new motor.

Why does it fall off? Sounds like something a machinist could fix.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why does it fall off? Sounds like something a machinist could fix.
Probably the bolt breaks from harmonics in the engine. Dan. These big twins are notorious for that. Thus the starter gears on the back of clutches and the wobbly clutch from doo in recent memory

Top Bottom