Sledders threatened with gun

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didn't look to me like he pointed the gun at the sledders, regardless poor choices on both sides.

really don't matter , your holding a loaded gun in your hand confronting someone, you are threatining him with a gun. the guy should be charged and all guns be confiscated and lifetime ban on owning guns in my opinion.

i'm wondering if he is one of those responsible gun owners?

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a lot of snow this winter,great riding locally. On that note drive by Cougar Creek golf course west of the city, like thousands do every day.....See the multiple sledtracks across the FRIGGIN golf course.yes the golf course !!!!

Sleds .Quads. Dirtbikes, it really does not matter, until this criminal tresspassing is stopped,there will be more incidents like this !

I am not condoning the use of armed confrontations,but when you rip across some one else`s property with out consent,sooner or later
there will be repercussions...........

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That idiot is lucky he didn't get head butted with a helmet.\I'm not saying the sledders were right but if some crazy person smacked me in the head like that and kicked my sled his nose would be broken.
Which in turn probably would have gotten you shot. People have little respect. The guy should not have taken the shotgun out of the truck. The sledders should have turned around immediately when a they are on private property instead of antagonizing him. Both sides are ****ing idiots.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
We ride on mostly private fields around here but have permission from all the land owners.
Which in turn probably would have gotten you shot. People have little respect. The guy should not have taken the shotgun out of the truck. The sledders should have turned around immediately when a they are on private property instead of antagonizing him. Both sides are ****ing idiots.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
That idiot is lucky he didn't get head butted with a helmet.\I'm not saying the sledders were right but if some crazy person smacked me in the head like that and kicked my sled his nose would be broken.

[SARCASM]In other related news a group of snowmobilers have been reported missing. Their truck and trailer were located along side of a grid road a few miles outside city limits. Officials attempted to follow the snowmobile tracks but due to the large volume of tracks in the area the search was called off. Persons with any information are asked........[/SARCASM]

The closer to a major center the more fed up the rural residents will be with BS. At the end of the day it is his land, stay the #$%^ off and there won't be any problems. Head bunt the wrong guy some time and let me know how that turns out for you.

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
hey listen I am a dirtbiker/quadder/sledder myself, and own an acreage on the edge of the city.... My property has natural bush full of trails and backs crown land, it attracts a pile of no gooders in the neighborhood.. I totally understand this landowners frustration! In fact I used to have a neighbor who's kids would rip thru my property giving me the finger as they blew past! they figured they had the right to cut across my land to get to the reserve. One day I took my quad out and confronted them and all they did was insult me and try to roost me with their bikes. No respect at all! These young idiots think they have the right to do what they want, when they want! well that's crap! and some people are tired of dealing with that.
Now I am certainly not condoning pulling out guns, but what's it going to take to make these people listen and respect private property?

Last edited:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Wow. Someone's gonna get a visit from the police. The landowner I think might get the worst of that. Assault charge and maybe weapons charges. The sledders might get something to.
Be interesting to see what happens

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Farmers and landowners spend huge money fencing and putting crops in etc, eventually someone will have to be shot before people will start respecting others private property. Just think of the home owner situation, every time someone post on here that there gear or truck got stolen the usual first comments refer to bullets and digging holes. Maybe a little dramatic but I give this guy props for standing up for himself and ACTUALLY doing what many of us say we would do in the event of.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ride on mostly private fields around here but have permission from all the land owners.

mike, i don`t think he means your part of the problem it was just general.

My family owns private property we use for hunting East Of Williams Lake... its remote but very well posted... something about snow just makes people feel like they have the right to trespass whenever they want... I know grandpa went out gun in hand a few times... why, cause it was remote and he`s always out numbered... everytime he confronted sledders in the winter the confrontation got more threatening until he felt the need to protect himself... he never hit anyone just stood his ground and said get the f off... he explained it to the family that sledders honestly felt he was the one out of line... same guys later asked permission to use his property as a boat lunch for family fishing weekend... he said yes... still no respect... so grand pa went on a sledding trail flag removal counter attack... lol he was one of a kind

then we stop and talk about joining the cluds ect ect yet we can`t respect one of the most scared things in my mind... private property....now keep in mind in BC to be trespassing on private property it has to be posted which ours is... in Alberta i could see confusion on bush quarters as its up to the user to determine where and what is private property... not sure about sask but in the video it looks like wide open cultivated fields which should tell you something

Looking at this video tells me one thing... this isn`t the farmers first rodeo with sledders...we don `t know who he`s ran into in the past... and we all know when confronting sledders you have high likely hood of verbal and or physical retaliation

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's always more to the story. On the outskirts of Saskatoon it's getting very populated. I could imagine this isn't the first time the fella has had people come across his land. As a land owner he has every right to refuse people access to his land. His approach was not correct with the shotgun. In the past, I think a landowner had to post trespassing signs every 800ft. That's a pretty wide range. How many times do we go through a field and skip from field to field without seeing signs? I've bet I've done it more than a few times. Common sense is the biggest thing lacking in society right now. I'm not saying these sledders lacked it, but in general it seems fewer and fewer have it. I went riding with a group this year. We were crossing some fields and as I look to the left I see a few of these guys split away and start ripping some donuts right next to a yard at full wack. There's an entire field to do this..no reason o do it right against the yard. Lack of common sense. If we want to continue to access places to ride we need to be respectful and cleanup after ourselves. More of us need to have the thought drilled into our head that access to the majority of our riding areas are a privledge. It's highly unlikely that more riding areas will become open, but likely that fewer will exist in the future IMO. Let's all use some common sense out there.

ABOMB177

Reaction score
that could have went sideways in a hurry. doesnt private land have to have a no tresspasing sign every so far before it is legal? And even at that a tresspasing fine isnt very much money if you ever got charged.

barleyfarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about this!Would those guys have stopped if he didn't have the gun or would have tried to reason with him?Pretty sure it would have been 'Eff you old man!'Who knows maybe these same guys have been pissing him off for a while!They aren't going to show a video where they come off as complete a..holes!As a farmer I've had to deal with a few disrespectful trespassers more than once!I've found the local guys are alright but when the out of towners come there is a few that ruin it for everyone!Most people don't realize that if you're on my property and you are trespassing and get hurt I can be held liable!You run into a piece of my equipment I left in the field I can get sued!Bulls..t as far as I'm concerned!Sleds do damage to crops that seeded under the snow(young hay crops,etc) it may not seem like much but it adds up.I got a chuckle out of one of the earlier comments about sleds tracks across a golf course!Why is that any different than a hay field?Plus when you cross a field with dirt showing,with a sled or atv, there are soil diseases now that are transferable from field to field by dirt contact!And once you get it you can never get rid of it and it will continually cost you money.It seems in this day and age people are losing respect for other peoples property because they know most people won't bother with a trespassing charge because of the hassle and the slap on the wrist the offender will get!The land owners seem to be losing more rights to there own property and how to protect it!Fencing is an option but a very expensive one!!A roll of wire is about $50-80 a roll (takes 2 rolls to do a single strand half a mile) posts are $5-10 a piece(10-15 feet apart) and your time and fuel to do it and it adds up fast!But it takes one a-hole a minute to cut it and go through!Most people can't read or ignore signs!I'm alright with guys going across my land but don't dick around and treat it like you own it!Sad part is it only going to get worse because the younger generation seems to have the 'I'm entitled' attitude and they know that you can't do anything to them!But then again some people are just a-holes no matter what the age!People would use respect it would solve alot of these issues!

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can kind of understand him bringing out the shot gun, confronting a relaxed group just out for a tour with the family wouldn't need it, confronting a bunch of douche bags that like to fight with a dozen beer in them, different story. Now kicking the sled is uncalled for, one quick burp of the throttle when his leg was up and he wouldn't walk again. Iniating the physical side of things wasn't a good idea either considering he states ' I'm old and I don't know what they would do to me". Why provoke the physical side to it?

Unfortunately society has created this, you can't defend anything you have anymore cause then the theif, or person destroying your property becomes the victim. Just about every crime is a slap on the wrist nowadays.

Sent from my Shoe Phone

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that could have went sideways in a hurry. doesnt private land have to have a no tresspasing sign every so far before it is legal? And even at that a tresspasing fine isnt very much money if you ever got charged.

i could be wrong but i'm thinking the fine for trespassing on farm land is in the neigbourhood of $2000. the sledders where in the wrong, yes, gun toter, was violent and flashing gun around, the situation could have become deadly in a hurry. he had other options rather than use a gun. not a good situation, been there, no hurry to repeat.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
?? This almost looks fake...... Gun could be plastic or not even loaded.

Don't paint the landowner as the bad guy, I'd put money that there is a HUGE amount of backstory to this that you don't know. If you are riding through gates into people's field, how do you know you are not on private property? really? ......Like cmon guys....don't be so naive to think there is one purely innocent party here.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Love to see how people would react in the city to me ripping up their lawn with my sled/quad. Leaving 2 foot ruts in your garden in spring, and all your nicely planted saplings for your acreage bent over. Or even better for the people who take truck loads of their garbage out to the country to dump it? What if i took my garbage, and all of yours and threw it in your backyard? I have no use for your TV's, exercise bikes, beds, couches, and fast food garbage. That's right i seen you Mr. Tan Dodge Truck on the 33 highway south east of Regina... Thanks for leaving me your garbage, you're right i wouldn't notice you on the old homestead behind the house.
smiley-rolleyes008.gif

That would be a different story though if i did the same to your place right?
1dog.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom