Sledders threatened with gun

ABOMB177

Reaction score
you are right $2000 in sask and AB with second offence up to $5000 (these are fines up to so I guess it depends on how good your lawyer is)

i could be wrong but i'm thinking the fine for trespassing on farm land is in the neigbourhood of $2000. the sledders where in the wrong, yes, gun toter, was violent and flashing gun around, the situation could have become deadly in a hurry. he had other options rather than use a gun. not a good situation, been there, no hurry to repeat.

ABOMB177

Reaction score
needs to be posted at all normal access points as well as at the corners of the land.
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]Notice

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]2.1
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold](1) [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]Entry on land may be prohibited by notice to that effect,

and entry is prohibited without any notice on land

(a) that is a lawn, garden or land that is under cultivation,

(b) that is surrounded by a fence, a natural boundary or a

combination of a fence and a natural boundary, or

(c) that is enclosed in a manner that indicates the owner’s or

occupier’s intention to keep persons off the land or to

keep animals on the land.

[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold](2)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][FONT=TimesNewRoman,Bold][/FONT][/FONT]For the purposes of subsection (1), notice may be given

(a) orally,

(b) in writing, or

(c) by posters or signboards visibly displayed

(i) at all places where normal access is obtained to the

land, and

RSA 2000

Section 3 Chapter P-11

PETTY TRESPASS ACT

[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold]3

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Bold][FONT=Arial,Bold][/FONT][/FONT](ii) at all fence corners or, if there is no fence, at each

corner of the land

not in alberta

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
The farmer might be in a bit more trouble as it was his neighbors land he approached them on. Yes they did ride thru his land but what gives him the right to trespass on to the neighbors land with a firearm to confront them?

"Deryl Ring, the man who confronted the snowmobilers with a gun that day, is an alpaca farmer who lives in the area. He said the snowmobilers crossed through his land while they were riding, stressing out his prize-winning animals.

So he got in his truck and caught up with them on his neighbour's property to confront them. "

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always go with the rule, if I don't own it, its not mine to ride on. That being said I have had to seek permission from land owners, some say yes and often might lay out some ground rule, stick to the fence line, no ruts, close gates etc and some others have said no. Its their land and they have the right to do so.

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
i could be wrong but i'm thinking the fine for trespassing on farm land is in the neigbourhood of $2000. the sledders where in the wrong, yes, gun toter, was violent and flashing gun around, the situation could have become deadly in a hurry. he had other options rather than use a gun. not a good situation, been there, no hurry to repeat.

I think that is correct in Alberta, however it is likely different between provinces, and honestly it's a huge hassle to even try to get police involved. Your a low priority in in their books.. And if they do show up, by that time the culprits are long gone! I am thinking to purse it, you would need to know who it is, and have photo evidence... not easy to do

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
Love to see how people would react in the city to me ripping up their lawn with my sled/quad. Leaving 2 foot ruts in your garden in spring, and all your nicely planted saplings for your acreage bent over. Or even better for the people who take truck loads of their garbage out to the country to dump it? What if i took my garbage, and all of yours and threw it in your backyard? I have no use for your TV's, exercise bikes, beds, couches, and fast food garbage. That's right i seen you Mr. Tan Dodge Truck on the 33 highway south east of Regina... Thanks for leaving me your garbage, you're right i wouldn't notice you on the old homestead behind the house. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-rolleyes008.gif

That would be a different story though if i did the same to your place right?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pbpKx3lyhyw/Ta825viSP6I/AAAAAAAALxw/ver8AgA4FIU/s640/1dog.jpg

Oh man! don't get me started! I would love to know the where some of those garbage dumpers live! I would load their crap up and dump it back on their front lawn!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Oh man! don't get me started! I would love to know the where some of those garbage dumpers live! I would load their crap up and dump it back on their front lawn!
Here's a better one, the RM i live in has to deal with this quite frequently. And some times the people dumping their garbage, dump letters in and among the crap, letters that have their mailing address on it. They have went after the people through the law, and they get off scott free. "it wasn't posted as no dumping". Lawyers these days....

Last edited:

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
Here's a better one, the RM i live in has to deal with this quite frequently. And some times the people dumping their garbage, dump letters in and among the crap, letters that have their mailing address on it. They have went after the people through the law, and they get off scott free. "it wasn't posted as no dumping". Lawyers these days....

I actually spotted a guy with a loaded trailer full of trash drive past, maybe 5 min later as I am pulling out of my driveway he goes past the other way... empty trailer.. so I catch up get his plate number and call the police. They in turn call the registered owner who claims he loaned the vehicle to someone, claiming he would tell the person to go out and clean it up...do you think that happened? or anything further became of the situation?? Its a friken joke! I pretty much caught the guy red handed! reported him, and they did nothing!

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im going to head into town and start drivimg through peoples back yards, and donuts in the front. No big deal, right??

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grow tired of this! You don't want people in your back yard stay the hell out of theirs! Ya Ya Ya both parties are wrong, bla bla bla. You want to admit you are wrong and understand you're trespassing Take off the damn helmet and show some respect to start with. As for the guy with the shotgun the laws state certain things and I am afraid you will be in deep poop.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You also have to catch them doing it, otherwise they can say someone else dumped their garbage there....had this very thing happen to us on our cabin road, used unopened mail to find person and we were told "well clearly someone took my mail and dumped it there..."...........uh huh....

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really don't matter , your riding a running snowmobile and confronting someone you are threatining him with a sled. the guy should be charged and all snowmobiles be confiscated and lifetime ban on owning snowmobiles in my opinion.

i'm wondering if he is one of those responsible sledders?

All kidding aside, the farmer was a dick, kicking the sled and slapping the guy were pretty stupid IMO. Don't see a problem if he would have had the shotty casually slung over his shoulder though. A good equalizer of force, what would the story have been if he had no gun and got his ass kicked or worse?

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
I grow tired of this! You don't want people in your back yard stay the hell out of theirs! Ya Ya Ya both parties are wrong, bla bla bla. You want to admit you are wrong and understand you're trespassing Take off the damn helmet and show some respect to start with. As for the guy with the shotgun the laws state certain things and I am afraid you will be in deep poop.
Ignorant comment!!! Yes I do want people to stay out of my backard! And I do stay out of theirs! you wouldn't be saying that if you had people disrespecting your personal property

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Sure a lot of assumptions being made as to events leading up to this video.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ignorant comment!!! Yes I do want people to stay out of my backard! And I do stay out of theirs! you wouldn't be saying that if you had people disrespecting your personal property

Ignorant implying uneducated? Or Arrogant? Either way your comment only quanitfies my comment if you want to discuss ignorance. Of course I want people to stay off of our ranch that has a mile and a half of river access. Do I stop people, no because I can't. What I do wish is for those who find themselves enjoying the couple of cleared areas on the property (high water line or not) and firepits to respect them and not steal the grating or kick the bricks over leaving beer cans and garbage all over for my dogs to get into. So lets not touch the topic of me disrespecting others and "their" property.

To expand my previous post. If you admit to doing something wrong, in this case realizing you have ended up on private property and confronted by a pissed off landowner take the high road and the lumps, remove the helmet and show some faith. I would venture a guess the land owner would of changed his tune, again benefit of the doubt. He still would be pissed and needing to vent but maybe not so combative. Considering I am all about the right to protect myself with firearms when required I think the comment about the landowner and his criminal act is self explanitory. PM me if you require anymore explaination.

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
I don't really think I am assuming anything. just saying as a land owner, I know what this old gun toting dude is dealing with, I get the same type of disrespectful pukes ripping threw my property too... See it every year.. especially in winter with the sleds. some people seem to think that they can go wherever they want.
I am not saying the guy as rite bringing a gun into the situation, but I can totally relate to what he is dealing with.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This one will be interesting as it plays out, shows the power of portable recording devices / the gopro.

Top Bottom