• CHARGES SHOULD NOT BE LAID

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • BLAME JUSTIN BEIBER

Votes: 18 13.5%

• Total voters

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from what i understand, in Alberta you need written permission to be on private property posted or not, saskatchewan it is perfectly legal unless posted, so really your arguement does not hold water in saskabush. guys found themselves near a house so they left, seems like the right thing to do to me.

The wrong house

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Both..... He said/She said...... So far all of this is blah blah blah!!!!!! And I live in an acreage community.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Meh. To each their own. Some little bastards rode some dirtbikes across out back field and made off with my dirtbike and all my gear. Next time I see someone doing that.. I will be out there with a gun. Buy your own field to ride on. Trespassing leads to theft.
My wife's dirtbike got stolen from the shed beside my house and I live in the city. Theft is unfortunately gonna happen but to assume that you got ripped off cause of someone trespassing is a bit of a stretch IMO. The azzhats who stole your stuff may have found your stuff while trespassing or may have spotted you somewhere else and decided that they were gonna have it. THE Guy in the video wasn't confronting thieves. If he had of been confronting thieves then he would be wise to take protection. I still think he overreacted and he may face charges. But I also believe that if he does face charges then the sledders should also face charges because without their presence then the incident would not have happened.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife's dirtbike got stolen from the shed beside my house and I live in the city. Theft is unfortunately gonna happen but to assume that you got ripped off cause of someone trespassing is a bit of a stretch IMO. The azzhats who stole your stuff may have found your stuff while trespassing or may have spotted you somewhere else and decided that they were gonna have it. THE Guy in the video wasn't confronting thieves. If he had of been confronting thieves then he would be wise to take protection. I still think he overreacted and he may face charges. But I also believe that if he does face charges then the sledders should also face charges because without their presence then the incident would not have happened.

don't follow your reasoning, you going to charge a woman for being raped because if she hadn't been there it wouldn't have happened. maybe a store owner for being robbed because he had his store open. you have set justice back 1000 yrs my good friend.

unless the property was posted it seems they have not committed any crime from what i understand from the limited info given.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't follow your reasoning, you going to charge a woman for being raped because if she hadn't been there it wouldn't have happened. maybe a store owner for being robbed because he had his store open. you have set justice back 1000 yrs my good friend.

unless the property was posted it seems they have not committed any crime from what i understand from the limited info given.
I am basing that comment on the area being fenced and posted. Not sure if it was or wasnt. But if it was then they should not have been there. Not siding with the farmer here, I do think he was out of control. But your comment about women or store owner is different situation. All I was pointing out was if the farmer is charged with a weapons offense then the sledders should be charged with trespassing.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am basing that comment on the area being fenced and posted. Not sure if it was or wasnt. But if it was then they should not have been there. Not siding with the farmer here, I do think he was out of control. But your comment about women or store owner is different situation. All I was pointing out was if the farmer is charged with a weapons offense then the sledders should be charged with trespassing.

Again we have limited info, guys from sask posted the provincial laws regarding this. From what i understand the sledders were not breaking any laws thus how can you charge them, Thus my post. Until it can be determined they were in the wrong your comment is wrong. But i'm thinking the police n crown prosecutor will determine what happens. Until then this is just a lot of bs

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again we have limited info, guys from sask posted the provincial laws regarding this. From what i understand the sledders were not breaking any laws thus how can you charge them, Thus my post. Until it can be determined they were in the wrong your comment is wrong. But i'm thinking the police n crown prosecutor will determine what happens. Until then this is just a lot of bs
That it is. And if it in fact wasn't posted then you are right my comment is wrong.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

So... Assuming someone was trespassing that stole me stuff is a bit of a stretch...Did they teleport into my shop and take my stuff then?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
So far my machine lets me go back in time .Haven't quite got it figured how to change location yet.Phuckin flux capacitors.
So... Assuming someone was trespassing that stole me stuff is a bit of a stretch...Did they teleport into my shop and take my stuff then?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That it is. And if it in fact wasn't posted then you are right my comment is wrong.

At this time, we both could be wrong, we only have the limited info given to go on.
Me i saw a new fence, metal gate which was open, i didn't see a sign posted.
Can't say i'd go in there.

But i still don't like guns being used for something so petty.

Last edited:

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trespassing is trespassing, regardless if land is posted or not.

From the Saskatchewan Trespass to Property Act,

The Act makes it an offence, without lawful authority, to:
enter onto posted or enclosed lands or other premises without the consent of the owner or other occupier;
enter onto lands or other premises, even if not posted or enclosed, after being requested not to do so by the owner or other occupier;
engage in prohibited activities on the lands or other premises without the consent of the owner or other occupier;
fail to leave lands or other premises, or to discontinue an activity, after being requested to do so by the owner or other occupier; and
after leaving lands or other premises or discontinuing an activity pursuant to the request of an owner or other occupier, return to the lands or other premises or resume the activities.

Tapatalk HD for IPAD

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trespassing is trespassing, regardless if land is posted or not.

From the Saskatchewan Trespass to Property Act,

The Act makes it an offence, without lawful authority, to:
enter onto posted or enclosed lands or other premises without the consent of the owner or other occupier;
enter onto lands or other premises, even if not posted or enclosed, after being requested not to do so by the owner or other occupier;
engage in prohibited activities on the lands or other premises without the consent of the owner or other occupier;
fail to leave lands or other premises, or to discontinue an activity, after being requested to do so by the owner or other occupier; and
after leaving lands or other premises or discontinuing an activity pursuant to the request of an owner or other occupier, return to the lands or other premises or resume the activities.

Tapatalk HD for IPAD
from the other thread;

I don't know if this has been posted as I don't have time right now to go back through all of these pages, but for people who aren't familiar with Saskatchewan's Snowmobile Laws, we do have a specific Snowmobile Act. Please refer to Subsection 2 of Section 25. Unless the Land is posted, it's all ride able here.

25(1) No person shall operate a snowmobile over any privately owned land,
whether enclosed or not, without the consent of the owner or occupant of the land.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply in respect of any private land outside of a city,
town, village or hamlet unless there are signs at least 30 centimetres in length
and 25 centimetres in width prominently placed at each corner of the land and at
intervals not exceeding 800 metres along the boundaries of the land bearing the
words “SNOWMOBILES PROHIBITED”, “NO TRESPASSING” or words or
symbols to a like effect.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the main problem with this whole situation that alot of people are missing is that the farmer did not confront them on his land. It was his neighbors. He chased " a couple sleds" down in the neighbors field. FWIW it could have been two other sleds that were on his land either that day or maybe a few days before. Or maybe they had permission from that neighbor? Point being it was not his land he was confronting them on. Rules out protecting his land from the argument. On his land, maybe he has some justification to confront them. But all he had to do was park across the gate till they came back and tell them to beat it. If they get violent or start being aggressive, your in the truck, grab the defender. No need to even wave it around.

Also, anyone else notice the open gate? Gate's mean fenced property which mean do not enter. If you have a fenced property that you want to protect for what ever reason. Close and lock gate. Simple.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sledders had no idea where they were, they where on fenced property, does not require posting! During the interview if you listen closely the sledder said he was doing nothing wrong!!! WTF - he learned nothing, if after all this he still does not get it. Guaranteed he will do it again.
There lies the real problem, it is not OK to buy a sled and just go where you want. Sorry but when you break it down sledders/trespassers are the root problem of this entire scenario. As a chain of events broken down pull the sledder/trespasser link out and what do you get......... nothing. No problem with private land owner.
Pull the farmer link out of the chain of events and what do you get.......trespassers breaking the law. Root cause still exists. Herin lies the area that is at faut and requires correction.

My appologies but I can not make it any more simple than that for where the correction to the problem lies. It has absolutly nothing to do with any private land owner, he is meerly a link in the chain of events caused by others.

Top Bottom