Classifieds - How do you want it handled?

How should we handle comments on Classified Ads

• I agree with Longhorn

Votes: 43 54.4%
  • I agree with Sledbunnyracing

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • I don't care either way

Votes: 12 15.2%

• Total voters

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm wanting to sell my children in the classifieds....

In order to not get bashed for asking too much what would be a fair price for an 8 year old boy, he does require glasses however his verbal skills are impecable...
the 13 year old daughter has motivational issues however her dishwashing skills have vastly improved over the past month or so...
Both are housebroken and the 13 year old is able to babysit the 8 year old for reasonable periods of time just not overnight....

What is a fair asking price... I figure I've invested about $80K into the 8 year old and $125K into the 13 year old... 100% stock

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

In order to not get bashed for asking too much what would be a fair price for an 8 year old boy, he does require glasses however his verbal skills are impecable...
the 13 year old daughter has motivational issues however her dishwashing skills have vastly improved over the past month or so...
Both are housebroken and the 13 year old is able to babysit the 8 year old for reasonable periods of time just not overnight....

What is a fair asking price... I figure I've invested about $80K into the 8 year old and $125K into the 13 year old... 100% stock

Well glasses count as a mod so........ 20 bucks ?

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I will do a straight across trade , i will take your 2 kids... you take my other half. She can do dishes but will complain the whole time, she doesnt need glasses but has issue with getting any task in a reasonable amount of time. Let me know what you think

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For Sale: Mechanics Special Ferrari

-low km
-lots of performance parts ($$$$$)
-minor front end damage, should buff right out. (Nephew hit a butterfly doing 220mph, I lent it to him for his bar mitzvah…kids.
-give me a call 867-5309

Attachments

• ferrari1.jpg
    ferrari1.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 131
  • ferrari2.jpg
    ferrari2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 130

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
For Sale: Mechanics Special Ferrari

-low km
-lots of performance parts ($$$$$)
-minor front end damage, should buff right out. (Nephew hit a butterfly doing 220mph, I lent it to him for his bar mitzvah…kids.
-give me a call 867-5309

Looks like a fantastic deal for the right buyer...there are some very handy guys on this site...

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Geez the mods sure have whipped you into one politically correct SOB…..:(

I was actually quite serious...Think about it...

That car likely is in the 150k-200k range...
Rear engine, so no engine or drivetrain damage...
Good restraint system so not a lot of blood to clean up...
Steering components on outside of vehicle good...
Only needs a few parts, steering linkage,
Trunk
Some welding and paint...
Obvious write-off, but back on the road for say 50k
You just saved 150k
See?? Its a good deal for the right buyer...

SHEESH...cmon Skeg...KIDDING!!! BWAHAHAHA...

You are probably the first person that has called me politically correct though :d

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was actually quite serious...Think about it...

That car likely is in the 150k-200k range...
Rear engine, so no engine or drivetrain damage...
Good restraint system so not a lot of blood to clean up...
Steering components on outside of vehicle good...
Only needs a few parts, steering linkage,
Trunk
Some welding and paint...
Obvious write-off, but back on the road for say 50k
You just saved 150k
See?? Its a good deal for the right buyer...

SHEESH...cmon Skeg...KIDDING!!! BWAHAHAHA...

You are probably the first person that has called me politically correct though :d

Hahaha....:d

Oh and I am selling it for a 195K by the way .....
Just because my dealship if so fawking cool they will cut you a deal on parts...

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome...Im on my way....Cant lose on this deal...I can probably sell it for 25% over retail after its fixed!!

Yes, exactly. And it all because of the performance parts…..
Glad to see Charlie’s not the only guy “Winning”

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t belief that the bashing of someone’s Classifieds ad is warranted, it’s real simple, if everyone feels the price is too high, no one will respond and the unit won’t sell. If no one thinks the offer is worth a look, again the unit wont sell……….Pretty much sends the message without all the childish BS.

If someone posted pictures of a unit that was dirty, a post to the seller indicating your opinion that it might attract a buyer if you took the time to clean it up maybe valid but if the person placing the ad can’t think of that on their own the suggestion will surely be lost anyway. If you feel your trying to help that individual, send them a PM.

Friendly banter in the rest of the site is sometimes entertaining, but I notice that there are some that just like to be bullies….
If the purpose of the classifieds is to buy and sell items, the childish BS needs to stop. My opinion to the quality of the deal, the person selling or dealership selling, the brand …. If it’s in a form like this, then I get to post my opinion in the classifieds…I just move on to the next post, laugh maybe but move on…

just my dollar's worth ....less brokerage fees.... .02

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t belief that the bashing of someone’s Classifieds ad is warranted, it’s real simple, if everyone feels the price is too high, no one will respond and the unit won’t sell. If no one thinks the offer is worth a look, again the unit wont sell……….Pretty much sends the message without all the childish BS.

If someone posted pictures of a unit that was dirty, a post to the seller indicating your opinion that it might attract a buyer if you took the time to clean it up maybe valid but if the person placing the ad can’t think of that on their own the suggestion will surely be lost anyway. If you feel your trying to help that individual, send them a PM.

Friendly banter in the rest of the site is sometimes entertaining, but I notice that there are some that just like to be bullies….
If the purpose of the classifieds is to buy and sell items, the childish BS needs to stop. My opinion to the quality of the deal, the person selling or dealership selling, the brand …. If it’s in a form like this, then I get to post my opinion in the classifieds…I just move on to the next post, laugh maybe but move on…

just my dollar's worth ....less brokerage fees.... .02

I think that is the case most of the time…..
This particular incident was an extraordinary circumstance….
Not sure if you saw the ad that was in question …..

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that is the case most of the time…..
This particular incident was an extraordinary circumstance….
Not sure if you saw the ad that was in question …..

I did see the original ad....my opinion is irrelevant as I wasn’t interested so I moved on.....besides I don’t like green….Black, white, orange sure but not green…not sure why as I even have some Irsh in me….just don’t like it….

I see hundreds of ads for equipment weekly, but I only respond to the ones I have an interest in. If someone was selling an item that I did have an interest in and I thought the price was to high I would not want my negotiation to be public anyway, I would negotiate privately with that seller in hopes of convincing him/her to see it my way. If no one responds it sends a pretty clear message.

When you post in a regular forum your respectfuly fair game, but when your trying to sell it should be just questions about the unit or product....

Top Bottom