Renshaw Trail!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
State your name maxwell ! :d

what a douche

Pretty sure his name is maxwell..... and he's been previously threatened for trying to bring the identity of undesirables to light on this site..... forced to retract comments and had his thread pulled.....

I figure your directing frustration in the wrong direction

He's one of the good guys....

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why do all the jokers have jump in and water down a thread that actually should be taken seriously. Come on guys stop joking around about this ch!t. We have got to get our acts together and start clamping down on the assholes that are jeopardizing our privileges.

my apologies to the mods for my language pull this post if you feel that it need to be pull. but I hope that you don't.

There is a time for joking around and this is not one of them. Wise up people. If we don't start policing our selves we will loose our privileges and the tree huggers win

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why do all the jokers have jump in and water down a thread that actually should be taken seriously. Come on guys stop joking around about this ch!t. We have got to get our acts together and start clamping down on the assholes that are jeopardizing our privileges.

my apologies to the mods for my language pull this post if you feel that it need to be pull. but I hope that you don't.

There is a time for joking around and this is not one of them. Wise up people. If we don't start policing our selves we will loose our privileges and the tree huggers win

dont jump on us your talking to the very people who are trying our best everytime we go out to self police ourselves. take it down a notch. we realize your upset. we all are. but taking it out on the people who are helping isnt the solution either. i ride mcbride and valemount every winter all winter all weekends. calling me a joker isnt going to help the self policing system if you dont stand behind the people looking out for your sport. that goes for everyone else in this thread who is helping out.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont jump on us your talking to the very people who are trying our best everytime we go out to self police ourselves. take it down a notch. we realize your upset. we all are. but taking it out on the people who are helping isnt the solution either. i ride mcbride and valemount every winter all winter all weekends. calling me a joker isnt going to help the self policing system if you dont stand behind the people looking out for your sport. that goes for everyone else in this thread who is helping out.

I'm sorry if I ruffled your feathers but what starts out as a serious thread just gets a bunch of bantering happening and soon no one reads it it just loses all meaning is what I'm trying to say. I am in no way saying that you are not one of the people that are helping to police this activity but it comes off that way in some of your posts.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Don`t put the pics. on here unless you want to see another "Motorized Wreckreationalist " article in the news.
Take care of it the right way and then maybe the wrong way when no one is looking. Peer pressure is and amazing tool.
I feel for the volunteers within the club who have to deal with this crap now.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don`t put the pics. on here unless you want to see another "Motorized Wreckreationalist " article in the news.
Take care of it the right way and then maybe the wrong way when no one is looking. Peer pressure is and amazing tool.
I feel for the volunteers within the club who have to deal with this crap now.

very well put. we saw what teh media does with pics from this site already, let the locals take care of it and the regulars to the area can find out who these people are and take care of the situation as they see fit. if media got the enviro activists on it look out that would be a mess for al of us.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pic's are currently in the hands of RCMP. They are correct in the fact have to be careful what pics people post on here because there are enviromentalists and other activists and such that are on this site checkin stuff out all the time, they dont have to be a member cause they dont post stuff just read and try to get more ammo against us recreation users. I hope that these people get what they deserve.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say post up pics of the offenders, not the damage, that way if the media does get a hold of it, they can gladly publish pics of the peeps who did it but won't be able to sensationalize the damage. Much like Maxwell did, put pics up of the vehicles, etc. Besides, any media outlet that prints a story about it needs to be directed to this thread to see that not all motorized backcountry users are the same and that we are trying to police ourselves. Change has to start from within. I'm not interested in the damage that was done (well I am concerned but I don't need pics of it) but I would like to know who I don't want riding in my local areas. Yeah peer pressure is a great thing, imagine if one of the alleged offenders walked into a restaurant in Revy, McBride or Valemount and someone said "hey isn't that the guy that tore up the alpine at Renshaw on his quad!"

I'm tired of people saying that we look the other way when it's one of our own. I'm tired of hiding behind fear of what might happen, all our riding areas will be closed in 20 yrs unless we speak up and act now.

Last edited:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you're going to see much until it gets figured out by the authorities first. I'm sure at some point Barry will update everyone on the progress, but as far as names and pics don't hold your breath thats going to happen quickly.

Ridehard13

Reaction score
Wow I have to check in here more often during the summer months, this is good reading. Well I guess I will start by saying obviously if there's a sign don't go passed it, maybe that will deflect some of the backlash I know I got coming, but I have to ask two questions not based on emotions, because we've all seen a thread get drawn pretty far from the truth based on emotions.
Question 1: I am a sledder and ride renshaw so this pisses me off, and the picture that is being painted for me when I read this is these people were up there ripping around chewing up the alpine, maybe even doing some strip mining and poaching baby grizzly bears, is that the fact, because if this is the picture I'm seeing by reading this and everyone is pissed off and acting on that, guess what kind of picture all the people against us sledders that are reading this are seeing.
Question 2: If the authorities are handling this situation was opening this thread even a good idea, because now everybody knows you can get to the cabin, and the reality is more will try it is human nature like it or not, and now all the enviromentalist's and people against us sledders are sitting back soaking all this up when realistically only a handful of people would have known about this.

Well with that said I guess now I sit back and wait for the backlash even though I am just basing these questions on the reality of the situation not my feelings or thoughts on the situation. To quote someone you may recognise as being good at pointing out the reality of a situation and taking heat for it, " In the mean time I'll just shut my big yap", right on yukon, now I know how the you feel, it's kind of a wierd feeling waiting to see how much of an @ss this makes me already and I havent even submitted the post yet.

PS I also took the liberty of posting some smiles of the reactions I expect to get:realmad::eek::smiliestirthepot::devildancing::PDT_gun::(

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there will be no pic's of the damage for the very reason that Kathy has stated, if you would like to see them you can stop by and I will show you.
in the next couple of days when I have a FREE LOGGER the trail in to the Renshaw will be will be illiminated and will affect early riding and late riding for sledders
this thread is about the fact that these morons disrespected and disobeyed the law, drove by a sign that states you are not allowed to proceed past this point.
we have to be a bit more proactive in catching these people and now that I am back I will be monitoring the 3 hills more, this is not a job as I do like to ride but still, should not have to do it.
baby bears and strip mining, where the hell did that come from? your second ? I repled to.

Ridehard13

Reaction score
Well like I said I am being that guy that asks the question not based on my feelings on the situation, but based on the fact that I havent been on here for a couple months, read this thread and thats the picture I see based on people being keyboard critics because they are reacting on emotion. I'm not not trying to be an @sshole but these points are what makes me ask question #2, Ride hard, see you on renshaw early Dec guys, dont hate me for asking the tough questions, its what I do

mel.h

Reaction score
Was not locals and the dates are pinned down because the hiking club was through there on Friday and then returned on Monday night. Damage was done Sat. or Sun. I have some very disturbing pictures of the alpine that these Friggen idiots damaged and the chit pile that I have on my desk when I got back from 2 weeks off from this incident is huge.
For you morons---there is an on going study being done by the UBC on that alpine because there is materal up there that can not be found anywhere else, and if you knew how high up govt. this incident has gone already you might have thought twice about your selfish actions.
You will be caught because I know one of you(almost positive and you where the only group in town talking about the Renshaw that weekend) and as soon as the pic's of your group in the alpine are processed I am hoping that you will be the first to be charged with damage to the alpine(100,000 grand). I am hoping that the plates will be clear enough to make out. You know who you are and if by some miricale you don't get charged you should most likely find a new place to sled this year as you will not be welcomed here anymore just due to the chit pile that you have caused not only myself but many others in this community.
Because of this sensitive area being damaged by you asshats it gives alot of groups some big fuel to come after all the user groups and it has already started.

Atta go Barry, hope they get what they deserve, thanks for keeping watch out there!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pic's are still not back from being enhanced, a group of fisherman have stepped forward to say they only saw one group of quads go up that day and they were fishing all day on the Beaver. they can id at least 2 of the group. the CO's involved are serious about charging if the pic's will give us a plate, you can bet this would sure slow down the parade into the alpine if the fines were as big as they say they will charge with.
Will feel somewhat sorry for the families involved but you did the crime now it is time to do the time.

Top Bottom