Remember my nice yellow garage floor?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well...it will still be yellow when I'm done....I hope. All these garage threads (Overkill and others) made me think it was time to actually finish mine after 12 years. My advice to anyone with a 3/4 finished garage who wants to finish it: MOVE TO A NEW HOUSE. Holy hell I got crap. Quads are at a buddy's place...my enclosed sled trailer is jammed to the roof, and there's stuff outside all over the place.

Had a drywall buddy come look at it...he said that the drywall was all old and yellow and would require oil-based primer and probably 3 coats of paint to stop the yellow from bleeding through....plus it was hung by an idiot and was all wrong (me)...so I ripped it all off and he re-did everything. I put 1/2" ply along the bottom as that's where the floor jacks, lawn mowers, etc always bash up the walls. The boys are going to prime the whole place and texture the ceiling today...then she's mine to finish. The bad news: I threw my back out thursday night...BAD. Playing around out in the drywall dust, I went to bed thurs night and had a coughing fit....blasted my spine out somehow. Could hardly move yesterday....hobbling around a bit today. (4 Robax platinum and a beer works perfect).

Anyways...one "before" pic....and where we are this AM.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow that will look good.
We moved into our new house December 23/2010
The garage is finished but was not painted. My plan is to paint this spring. I really wish we could have painted before move in.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your "before" pic looks better than my garage!!!! Love the yellow floor! :D

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It's about time.....just kidding! Gonna look sweet. I'm with moyiesledhead and love the yellow floor.

My last two garages were done prior to hanging anything; best way to doo it IMHO. It is a hell of a lot easier to put the stuff up and organize only once!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's amazing the amount of time a guy has when he don't have a sled :)I guess off to the nearest can-am dealer for more paint
The paint is called "Glass Shield"...12 yrs old....I'm debating whether to redo it or not....Primed and drying now....apparently the camera doesn't like autofocus with all the moisture in there....

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you gonna live in it now? What did the wife say, me or the quad??

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good god dave you seem to be an accident waiting for a place to happen, no more drinking and drywalling, maybe just quit the drywalling, sounds like it is hazardous to your health.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks really good and a nice size to. Amazing how much stuff you can pack into the garage this is why I put nothing into my garage until it was completely finished as I knew it would be a pain to move and work around everything

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ceiling textured, walls primed...floor pressure washed....NOW I can get to work.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It easy to have a nice shop when you own Canams, no spare parts all over the frickin place like my Popo`s........................

what? nancy get neville to the hospital quick, i think he hit his head and is out of his mind.:D

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah dave seen your pics, is the chair there to watch the paint dry?:D

fyi looks good, can i bring my junk over.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what? nancy get neville to the hospital quick, i think he hit his head and is out of his mind.:D
He must have quit drinking, and come to his senses finally lol.......to much holidays, and not nuff hot sex to cloud his judgement

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when your done dave feel free to come on over and do ours, looks good, you will have to repour the slab first too though so bring a jackhammer with ya

Top Bottom