RCMP in parking lots

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
A snowmobile is a motorized vehicle and you are required, by law, to have a driver's license anywhere other than on private property. The one time I was checked (quite a few years ago now) in a staging area, that is what I learned. Wallet was in my truck in a secret place and the police said, "it has to be on your person". I wasn't ticketed because I was polite and she said, "this is an educational day today and not a ticketing day."

I am in full favour of the police being in the staging areas and particularly at the end of the day when people come down the hill. I have seen a lot of instances of impairment and that is not in our best interest nor societies in general. This has been discussed to death over the years. Like was said above, they are doing their job. Get over it, get your chit together, and have a happy and unimpaired day.

I hope you found it and not lost like Bevs keys hiding safe spot.

LOL. Ha Ha.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A snowmobile is a motorized vehicle and you are required, by law, to have a driver's license anywhere other than on private property. The one time I was checked (quite a few years ago now) in a staging area, that is what I learned. Wallet was in my truck in a secret place and the police said, "it has to be on your person". I wasn't ticketed because I was polite and she said, "this is an educational day today and not a ticketing day."

I am in full favour of the police being in the staging areas and particularly at the end of the day when people come down the hill. I have seen a lot of instances of impairment and that is not in our best interest nor societies in general. This has been discussed to death over the years. Like was said above, they are doing their job. Get over it, get your chit together, and have a happy and unimpaired day.

Something else I didn't know. I always thought a DL was not required

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My hat comes off to rebel news for trying to expose a crime being perpetuated on the taxpayer, a big thumbs down to the police!!! Hitmen for criminals is not the rap you want.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yup. Right here. Section 25(1) and (2). Not necessarily a drivers license, but at minimum picture ID issued by some government agency.

https://www.bclaws.gov.bc.ca/civix/document/id/lc/statreg/193_2015#section1

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
When this "new registration process" came out, a DL presumably was required. That was spewed by all the authorities.

Interesting that you found that. A person should copy and keep in the truck just to be a little better informed while they are trying to "tell us what the act says".

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When this "new registration process" came out, a DL presumably was required. That was spewed by all the authorities.

Interesting that you found that. A person should copy and keep in the truck just to be a little better informed while they are trying to "tell us what the act says".

I keep copies of all 4 of these in my truck. CO's have no idea what's really in them. Or ICBC insurance agents for that matter.

https://www.bclaws.gov.bc.ca/civix/document/id/lc/statreg/193_2015
https://www.bclaws.gov.bc.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/70_2004
https://www.bclaws.gov.bc.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/14005
https://www.bclaws.gov.bc.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/96231_01#section9

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[/B]

Man you say that a lot ! Maybe your dumba$$ premier and you should get together and you can restrict everyone that you and he don’t approve of . You both seem to have the same mindset .

you dont like the laws, dont come to BC. its that simple. Please explain why you feel you should be exempt from the laws that all local tax paying citizens have to abide by. A self entitled jerk on your part as far as I am concerned.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you dont like the laws, dont come to BC. its that simple. Please explain why you feel you should be exempt from the laws that all local tax paying citizens have to abide by. A self entitled jerk on your part as far as I am concerned.

LOL, I really don’t care what you’re concerned with. And for the record, before your tuff guy routine gets more ridiculous, I wasn’t commenting on laws or taxpayers or exemptions, just your penchant for telling people to stay out of BC, sorta like anyone needs your approval !

PS, everyone should abide by the laws , you ever broke one ?

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

dont think he once said he should be exempt.

but really, a sled on your trailer, or in the back of your truck, is not on public/government property. no reason for you to provide insurance or registration.

would be like them coming to your house and asking for insurance and registration for your sled sitting in your garage. you all ok with that?

on the trails, or even off your vehicle, different story.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dude, you don't speak for B.C. Please, you are embarrassing us.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I purchased my last two sleds in Alberta as used sleds. Both of them have had issues trying to register in BC...I’ll spare you the details but the oldest one, a 2009 M1000 was a super pain in the butt...all for the pleasure of paying 12% tax to the BC government.

The last sled I bought was a 2017 M8000...When I got home from Alberta I realized the husband and wife were both listed on the registration and all I had on the sale transfer document was the wife. Well, it turned into a total cluster Fack trying to get it registered...with the side benefit of paying the government 12% tax...so I walked out of the ICBC office without registering or paying PST. It’s been 1 1/2 seasons now without registering and I doubt I will. The sled will most likely end up being parted out so prior registration for the purposes of resale will not be an issue. I saved $700 in registration and PST and that will go a ways towards any possible fines. I won’t complain if I get a fine...I’ll just suck it up.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You bet, broke laws, got fines, paid fines, but one thing I didnt do? Come onto a message board and bitch and complain because I got caught breaking a law and received a fine. You chose to knowingly break the law, quit your whining and pay your fines. Dont bitch about the RCMP doing their jobs!

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont think he once said he should be exempt.

but really, a sled on your trailer, or in the back of your truck, is not on public/government property. no reason for you to provide insurance or registration.

would be like them coming to your house and asking for insurance and registration for your sled sitting in your garage. you all ok with that?

on the trails, or even off your vehicle, different story.

I dont buy stolen ****, so yeah, I have no problem with them asking to see my registration and insurance. Every person they ask to see a regi from they are making it just a bit harder for the stolen sled market. I am all for putting the thieves out of business. Make it hard to sell the sleds, makes less theft of them.

The RCMP are out there trying to do something to help and your all bitching because you knowingly broke the law. Grow up. Take responsibility for your actions.

By the way, a sled on a trailer, in the back of your truck or in your garage does not need insurance, only registration.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any proof of ownership or a known owner is all that is required. Current provincial registration is not required if is not on the ground.

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no issue registering my stuff in Alberta, but buying used gear and registering it in bc is brutal paying that PST again. What a joke. One thing I don’t miss about living in BC anymore

Top Bottom