RCMP in parking lots

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you obviously have not had/had attempted robbery of your property.

you actually think the crackheads that steal sleds are going to(first of all) ride them, and that they will ride them in a highly visible and LEO accessible spot like a know staging area? and that LEO will catch them there with a stolen sled they decide to take for a joy ride? you really think taht?

i had my truck attempted to be stolen not once, but twice in the same month. The cops would not even come out to take some pictures, look at the vehicle, or anything. TWICE.

don't sit on your horse defending their actions as trying to catch bad guys. if that was true they would actually give a CHIT when a crime does occur. just my personal experience.

its about harassment and issuing tickets for revenue generation. point blank.

What do you think the crackheads do with the sleds they steal? They sell them. Then someone else takes it out and rides it and maybe they’ll get stopped and your stolen sled gets found. Logically, somewhere where there’s lots of sleds is a good place to check. Most criminals aren’t that smart. I agree it sucks when the cops won’t respond to property crimes. Do you know why they don’t? Its because the crown prosecutors won’t remand criminals into custody for property crimes.
That means the bad guys have a revolving door if they get caught. They get a court date and released. Then they don’t show, get a warrant issued and the cycle repeats. The cops do give a $hit when crimes occur, too bad the rest of the system doesn’t.
The only tool the cops have is to stop people and ask for documents. If your truck had been stolen, how do you suggest the cops find it? Does it have a flashing sign on top saying “ stolen” ? What’s your solution?

Cableguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personnally over insure everything
sucks to have something stolen , trust me ive had lots of stuff go missing when I lived in PG
I dont mind them asking to have a look at vins or paperwork but if im missing something i hope they dont make a big deal about it

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you think the crackheads do with the sleds they steal? They sell them. Then someone else takes it out and rides it and maybe they’ll get stopped and your stolen sled gets found. Logically, somewhere where there’s lots of sleds is a good place to check. Most criminals aren’t that smart. I agree it sucks when the cops won’t respond to property crimes. Do you know why they don’t? Its because the crown prosecutors won’t remand criminals into custody for property crimes.
That means the bad guys have a revolving door if they get caught. They get a court date and released. Then they don’t show, get a warrant issued and the cycle repeats. The cops do give a $hit when crimes occur, too bad the rest of the system doesn’t.
The only tool the cops have is to stop people and ask for documents. If your truck had been stolen, how do you suggest the cops find it? Does it have a flashing sign on top saying “ stolen” ? What’s your solution?
Nobody is selling stolen sleds to unknowing people because they will register it and get caught. A few may be getting driven in the middle of nowhere or most are getting parted out. Might not be zero, but the chance of a stolen sled in the Boulder parking is pretty close.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There’s been a few sleds over the years just left in the lot or on mtn that were hot
Don’t kid yourself that there aren’t hot sleds being rode in popular areas.
People have the balls to go help themselves to 20L of gas off the groomer while guy is gone for supper

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There’s been a few sleds over the years just left in the lot or on mtn that were hot
Don’t kid yourself that there aren’t hot sleds being rode in popular areas.
People have the balls to go help themselves to 20L of gas off the groomer while guy is gone for supper

This makes me think back to when the big incident happened at Turbo, I was reading an article (as I was not personally there) and it said that there were like 6-8 sleds left up there that they pulled from the slide that no one claimed. After they flew them down and ran the VIN’s, sure enough they were all stolen.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This makes me think back to when the big incident happened at Turbo, I was reading an article (as I was not personally there) and it said that there were like 6-8 sleds left up there that they pulled from the slide that no one claimed. After they flew them down and ran the VIN’s, sure enough they were all stolen.
Wow,,,

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody is selling stolen sleds to unknowing people because they will register it and get caught. A few may be getting driven in the middle of nowhere or most are getting parted out. Might not be zero, but the chance of a stolen sled in the Boulder parking is pretty close.

sure a lot of unclaimed sleds left on the hill when the avalanche hit the big iron shoot out? i would think there is a very good chance stolen sleds are rode in the hills, lots parted out also? but still the checks help find stolen sleds.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeeeeesus:confused:.

I wanted to reply to half a dozen posts but figured id read the whole thread first. WTF guys haha This went left field from the O.P

Cops can be danks, sometimes you get a good one. It's all in how you talk to them (attitude). I have a good friend that's a cop and i bust him all day long when i see him... He's about 6'5 260 Big ugly Jamaican dude but its fun roasting him, he can be mean but he's a big teaddy bear! And i wouldn't want his job or the bullchit he deals with any day of the week. NO THANKS! Takes a special person to be any kind of law enforcement. That's what he signed up for and i respect that...

The badge don't make you the prick, the way you muscle walk around thinking you're chit don't stink cuz you have a magic pen and paper pad that can royally fawk someones day.... That makes you the prick! It's that prick that gives me a hard time on my bike, trying to write me a ticket for loud exhaust...or anything they can find. Because i ride a Harley and fit the profile they think i have bags of Booger sugar on me or i'm jacked in someway, it's been proven and my buddy has agreed to it. So save you're replys.

Fit the profile you gonna get harped on. Big lifted diesel rolls into staging area with decked out unit on it. Cops start strolling over...lets see, wheels? yep! too wide. Exhaust? YEP too loud. window tint YEP that's illegal. Where's you're paper work and why isn't you're metal plate drilled into you're sleds tunnel! Now lets talk nonsense and waste 45 mins of you're blue bird morning...
But a farm truck with new sled on it rolls in the lot, guy jumps out in Canadian tuxedo and rubber boots and blasts to the trail on new machine and they don't bat an eyelash, cops wave "have a good ride sir".

Cops are pricks and i don't give them nothing unless it's mandatory, don't waste my time don't come talk to me like you think i got something to hide, i never do!
I'm here spending money in you're community funding this trail. Slapping tips on bed pillows and tipping waitresses while you're wife cleans my dirt sheets at the Sandman nightly. Don't be a dick to me and i won't be a dick to you. WOW it can be that simple can't it.....but it never will. A magic note pad with no names on it at the end of the day doesn't pay the bills...

I have regi and plates for all my toys... but you have no right to even look at me for anything cop.... Run the plates of the trucks in the lots. that's a start...

rant over.;)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jeeeeesus:confused:.

I wanted to reply to half a dozen posts but figured id read the whole thread first. WTF guys haha This went left field from the O.P

Cops can be danks, sometimes you get a good one. It's all in how you talk to them (attitude). I have a good friend that's a cop and i bust him all day long when i see him... He's about 6'5 260 Big ugly Jamaican dude but its fun roasting him, he can be mean but he's a big teaddy bear! And i wouldn't want his job or the bullchit he deals with any day of the week. NO THANKS! Takes a special person to be any kind of law enforcement. That's what he signed up for and i respect that...

The badge don't make you the prick, the way you muscle walk around thinking you're chit don't stink cuz you have a magic pen and paper pad that can royally fawk someones day.... That makes you the prick! It's that prick that gives me a hard time on my bike, trying to write me a ticket for loud exhaust...or anything they can find. Because i ride a Harley and fit the profile they think i have bags of Booger sugar on me or i'm jacked in someway, it's been proven and my buddy has agreed to it. So save you're replys.

Fit the profile you gonna get harped on. Big lifted diesel rolls into staging area with decked out unit on it. Cops start strolling over...lets see, wheels? yep! too wide. Exhaust? YEP too loud. window tint YEP that's illegal. Where's you're paper work and why isn't you're metal plate drilled into you're sleds tunnel! Now lets talk nonsense and waste 45 mins of you're blue bird morning...
But a farm truck with new sled on it rolls in the lot, guy jumps out in Canadian tuxedo and rubber boots and blasts to the trail on new machine and they don't bat an eyelash, cops wave "have a good ride sir".

Cops are pricks and i don't give them nothing unless it's mandatory, don't waste my time don't come talk to me like you think i got something to hide, i never do!
I'm here spending money in you're community funding this trail. Slapping tips on bed pillows and tipping waitresses while you're wife cleans my dirt sheets at the Sandman nightly. Don't be a dick to me and i won't be a dick to you. WOW it can be that simple can't it.....but it never will. A magic note pad with no names on it at the end of the day doesn't pay the bills...

I have regi and plates for all my toys... but you have no right to even look at me for anything cop.... Run the plates of the trucks in the lots. that's a start...

rant over.;)

not much an ordinary citizen can do if found riding a sled or driving a truck, you are required to produce when requested. u decide at that point. the police can ask anyone to produce the documents if they want to. give them you name and address(library card). unless police charge u with a crime or suspect you of such, then you are required to produce documents. . at no time are you required to answer any questions, police can keep questioning u with or without a lawyer in canada. very few talk themselves out of a charge from what i hear.

yes a pain in the butt!

Last edited:
Top Bottom