Quaders Riding Alberta Beach Trails!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm really surprised you don't here more about quads ruining groomed snowmobile trails......saw a bunch of tracks a couple years ago on the Ironhorse trail out by smokey lake.....totally screwed it!!!! Fawkers!!!!

I LOVE quadding in winter but now stay off designated snowmobile trails after innocently making that mistake once when the snow was soft and deep. However, the Ironhorse is multiuse and I don't think it's fiar for snowmobilers to claim it as their own.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay first question answered.:D

I was actually more interested in an answer to the next couple of questions as you are obviously a quadder and/or dirt biker.

Im a quadder/d-biker/sledder/biker/father/husband/bber/sexy beast/oildfield wrker/personal trainer/sexy beast...............and did I mention im a sexy beast

carlsonswerve

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sitting at home trying to change the channel on the microwave again? eh Brat

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what if I have hids on my qaud with tracks am I allowed or not.
And can I legally use my rigids at the same time?
As long as you wear a Monster helmet with the visor turned upside down and white framed sunglasses........

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as you wear a Monster helmet with the visor turned upside down and white framed sunglasses........

Super sweeeeeet deal I can ride mine qaud on the snow trails.
Ps interested in purchasing a monster helmat

miner818

Reaction score
If someone put up No Trespassing signs on Crown Land does that mean no one can go on it?
Crown land is owned by Canada or Federal Goverment, if a club spends money on trails thats up to them but nobody can stop you from using those trails, ski doers will tell you that but its a crock. Ski-doo clubs also build cabins on crown land but they are not to lock them because if they build it, they CAN NOT stop anyone from using it and they need permission to build. Sory but there is one post on here trying to insinuate that because they spent money on a trail its theirs and I call BULL.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crown land is owned by Canada or Federal Goverment, if a club spends money on trails thats up to them but nobody can stop you from using those trails, ski doers will tell you that but its a crock. Ski-doo clubs also build cabins on crown land but they are not to lock them because if they build it, they CAN NOT stop anyone from using it and they need permission to build. Sory but there is one post on here trying to insinuate that because they spent money on a trail its theirs and I call BULL.

Get your facts straight before you start yapping.
The clubs spend money " leasing" the said crown land for their trail system this fit the duration of that leads they " own" the land. They can restrict permission to access and use their system in that time frame. Ex. Trailseekers has a lease at jack pine that runs from dec 1 till end of April I believe it is.
No different than a farmer leasing grazing land. While said person holds the lease to said lands they are the controller of who and who does not have access
So take your qaud and ride in your back yard or your leased land for the winter. Leave "snowmobile trails for snowmobiles

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this anybody

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
We do not lease the land, we do have a land use agreement with the county of Lac Ste.Anne... we would not be able to charge anyone with vanalism or trespassing and even if we could we do not have the resourses to follow through...

Trailseekers may be different....

By riding groomed sled trails with a quad you are not acting illegally you are acting like an azzhole, spitting in the face of hard working volunteers

Just sayin...

Get your facts straight before you start yapping.
The clubs spend money " leasing" the said crown land for their trail system this fit the duration of that leads they " own" the land. They can restrict permission to access and use their system in that time frame. Ex. Trailseekers has a lease at jack pine that runs from dec 1 till end of April I believe it is.
No different than a farmer leasing grazing land. While said person holds the lease to said lands they are the controller of who and who does not have access
So take your qaud and ride in your back yard or your leased land for the winter. Leave "snowmobile trails for snowmobiles

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this anybody

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to our RCMP Sgt here, with the land use agreement the club has in place with the Government, the RC's can and will charge quadders trespassing on the trails in sled season with mischief if we give them a license plate # or can identify the riders. Pictures help.

Last edited:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Miner818. Crown Land is not what it was at one time. ALL land in Alberta has some sort of restrications on them. Just because it is Crown Land doesn`t mean it is open for any use. This topic is being discussed right now in the South Sakatchewan Land Use Framework. Times have changed you need to get updated on the use of Crown Land. Go to the SRD website and get reading.
The snowmobile clubs have agreements with the landowners on private lands. This gives the club the right to post who uses it and who doesnt. Alberta beach has some private land as well as county land. The club has the right to stop all ATV use in this private land and also gives them permission to charge a trail pass to use this trail thru these lands.
It all comes down to education and respect for the trail. We all need to work together to keep our interests going. The future depends on all motorized users to work together with each use not against and to educate the public.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Awesome first post!!!You obviously came here to make friends!!!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To paraphrase: "I can do anything I want. Because I want to and you can't stop me. Because I want to. Give me a cookie"!

Top Bottom