Quaders Riding Alberta Beach Trails!

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
meh, pouter is all. I sled and bike and luv whiners who come at me like yourself ;)

He has a valid point about how tough it is to ride a rutted up trail.

I wouldnt personally ruin a groomed sledding trail myself, thats just immature imho. BUT theres no need for bitching and causing stress between the two groups is what I was getting at.

I would not however recommend anyone come up to me ever and give me the what for LOL

Tough guy eh? How would you propose to solve the problem of quadders shredding a groomed trail? Or do you even think it is a problem?

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tough guy eh? How would you propose to solve the problem of quadders shredding a groomed trail? Or do you even think it is a problem?[/QUOTE]

Not on the computer im not no, but in real life, yeah id say so

why wanna try me out? Im only an hr away :D I also deliver ha. Didnt train for 27 years to just be a "stand back" pussy...

Last edited:

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gymbrat, are you just trying to be funny? Your arguments make no sense. Did you read this Thread from the start? At no time did anyone say that quadding was not welcome or that winter was for sleds only. I quad in the AB poker rallys but on non sled trails. And if you just trying to show how tough you are then I start to lose any interest in your discussions. I could really care less if you could crush full beer cans with your skull. (ok, now I am trying to be funny) The point trying to be made is that Marvin, Bogger, TylerG and many others have put many hours to keeping the trails usable for sledding and we have a few twits ruining it because they have ZERO respect.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gymbrat, are you just trying to be funny? Your arguments make no sense. Did you read this Thread from the start? At no time did anyone say that quadding was not welcome or that winter was for sleds only. I quad in the AB poker rallys but on non sled trails. And if you just trying to show how tough you are then I start to lose any interest in your discussions. I could really care less if you could crush full beer cans with your skull. (ok, now I am trying to be funny) The point trying to be made is that Marvin, Bogger, TylerG and many others have put many hours to keeping the trails usable for sledding and we have a few twits ruining it because they have ZERO respect.

Oops my bad Mr. "proper" Board police. No I dont think im tough, I know it. lol But im not here to have a pissing match with someone behind a PC screen etc. Im a good humoured happy guy that likes to have fun. Well until BOARD POLICE comes along

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a wicked sense of humour, but at times when someone is trying to vent about abuse of the work they do then I feel it behooves us as fellow S & M members to support them. I am sure you are a funny guy with a great sense of humour but in this case I am not seeing the the humour. I could sit here quietly and think that you are an utter idiot, or I could say something to allow you to clear the air. I think that is fair don't you?

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reality to this whole mess is the rutts will freeze up making trail unsafe to ride and now the club has a ch!t load of work to trail ready for the 16th. The whole thing comes down to respect!

Not everyone lacks it just a small few!

Marvin

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be ignorant, I'm just curious. What I'm asking is... are quads or UTV's that HAVE TRACKS allowed on the trails or not??
Although I have never rode my quad with tracks on a groomed trail, in powder snow it leaves less of a mark then a snowmobile does.

So to be clear, I understand the argument against quads and SXS's with tires on groomed trails. But what if they have tracks??

If it is manufactured as a quad it is always a quad. If manufactured as a truck it is always a truck. If you put tracks on a truck or quad it does not become a snowmobile. The anwser is they are not allowed. It is up to the club if they will tolerate having a truck or quad with tracks on a groomed snowmobile trail. It is all about respect of not damaging the trail. You cannot rightfully purchase a trail pass for a quad with tracks. Insurance and the law would deem it to be a quad not a snowmobile. Most landowners will sign a lease with the understanding that no quads will be on there property. Sorry that is the way it is.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they lease it for grazing I think they can. But could be wrong.
you're correct, they can prevent motorized vehicle use. only on foot they cannot keep you out of a crown land grazing lease.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a wicked sense of humour, but at times when someone is trying to vent about abuse of the work they do then I feel it behooves us as fellow S & M members to support them. I am sure you are a funny guy with a great sense of humour but in this case I am not seeing the the humour. I could sit here quietly and think that you are an utter idiot, or I could say something to allow you to clear the air. I think that is fair don't you?

yeah man you bet :)

special olympics.jpg

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tough guy eh? How would you propose to solve the problem of quadders shredding a groomed trail? Or do you even think it is a problem?

Not on the computer im not no, but in real life, yeah id say so

why wanna try me out? Im only an hr away :D I also deliver ha. Didnt train for 27 years to just be a "stand back" pussy...

Okay first question answered.:D

I was actually more interested in an answer to the next couple of questions as you are obviously a quadder and/or dirt biker.

Wemac

Reaction score
Why is this even being disputed? No ATV 's on groomed and clearly marked snowmobile trails. There is a separate set of trails for ATV's.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Why is this even being disputed? No ATV 's on groomed and clearly marked snowmobile trails. There is a separate set of trails for ATV's.

Probly the same reason illegal lights get debated at least once a week; common sense is nonexistent

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probly the same reason illegal lights get debated at least once a week; common sense is nonexistent

So what if I have hids on my qaud with tracks am I allowed or not.
And can I legally use my rigids at the same time?

Top Bottom