Quaders Riding Alberta Beach Trails!

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up! The trails to Lessard Lake at Alberta Beach may be torn up due to the 2 quads that were ripping through there with the 6 guys on sleds on Saturday!:nono:

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm really surprised you don't here more about quads ruining groomed snowmobile trails......saw a bunch of tracks a couple years ago on the Ironhorse trail out by smokey lake.....totally screwed it!!!! Fawkers!!!!

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad I am not the only one who thinks quads are for summer and that it ruins the sledding for the season where the quads travel

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem with the Alberta beach system is that most of it is multy use trails so anything can be on it at anytime Qaida sideby sides horses skiers walkers sleds etc they aren't sled specific trails

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not saying I don't agree though Qaida are summer toys sleds are winter problem though is lots don't have both. And I have to admit Qaida are fun in the winter to :)

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had this discussion with a friend. A provincial park allows snowmobiles once they have deemed enough snow cover. My question was about taking a my Grizzly with tracks on it, as it seems to tread more lightly then a sled.

Any thoughts??

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the problem lays with Qaida actually on the trails it's the guys ripping donughts in the middle if the trail that is the problem.
No worse than guys spinning there tracks in the middle of the trail IMO

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it's cold and the trails are frozen in quads hardly make a track. When its warm and the trails are soft they can destroy them. Especially the 2 wheel drive ones that are spinning all the time. To me common sense would dictate that if you are on a quad on groomed trails and leaving big ruts, you get off the trail.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
When it's cold and the trails are frozen in quads hardly make a track. When its warm and the trails are soft they can destroy them. Especially the 2 wheel drive ones that are spinning all the time. To me common sense would dictate that if you are on a quad on groomed trails and leaving big ruts, you get off the trail.

Quaders.....common sense?....LOL...LOL...LOL....thats just plain silly.....

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quaders.....common sense?....LOL...LOL...LOL....thats just plain silly.....
6 guys on quads and one sled just came out on the lake isle section of the trail by my place. They were all in the 50-60 age range. Plus 10 today and they left huge ruts

Last edited by a moderator:

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope you chased them down and let them know what's up, that just ignorant.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate this discussion quads have just as much right as sleds to be on trails unless they are marked specifically for sleds. If you don't like it go to a snowmobile trail system like Ministik etc

Sent from my Note2

joekikass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are signs posted NO ATV's on the groomed trails !!!

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I hate this discussion quads have just as much right as sleds to be on trails unless they are marked specifically for sleds. If you don't like it go to a snowmobile trail system like Ministik etc

Sent from my Note2

Do you think clubs have trails groomed for quads? A lot of money is spent to maintain trails for sledding. I quadded for years and years and never rode groomed sled trails. Same deal as. 4x4 truck running your quad trails,big ruts the intended user is not equipt for

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are signs all over the Alberta Beach system saying sleds only. I read an article a while back that stated that 2 quads can do the same damage to a trail that it takes 100 sleds. All of the clubs in AB spend time a money to maintain these trails and one ass to wreck.

Off course someone who doesn't ride sleds wouldn't know!

MoThEr TrUcKeR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw some idiot out today in a commander with silverbacks shredding the hell outta that trail and leaving foot and a half deep trenches. All I can say is get a sled if ya wanna ride in winter. That's what their for. Winter riding. It's common courtesy instead of destroying where we ride.

Last edited:
Top Bottom