My Sled Vid

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool vid kid, alot of time and effort there. I would just add that setting avys off is not your best choice though, it usually means your in an area better left alone. Listen to the mountain and respect it, little avalaches doesn't mean there won't be a big one latter. Ride safe and everyone comes home at the end. Just my :twocents:

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice Video, your choice of Music isnt for me, BUT Nice video.I won a trip to the Terra Canna Ranch last winter thru Sno & mud ,just couldnt afford to go ,

ridealaska

Reaction score
ok i understood the first few hundred times about the avy coarse and i considered it and i will do it but once i got to hear it constantly than thats when i get tired of it and start to show some attitude. like really if i was standing behind you and constantly poking you sayin "no your doing it wrong. thats a bad mistake" im sure you would eventually lose it. Also we had gear. and yes it was not on me. because all the spares went in 1 back pack the rest of the spares (food, water, clothes shovels, and 2 probes) was in each backpack slightly the ONLY REASON i had it off of me were on the climbs that were flimed because it only weighed me down and caused me to get stuck on the hill a few times with my 600. so now. is anyone going to take into consideration of what I have been sayiing for last couple pages.

Not everyone reads every single post before they post one. If it's the same thing as someone before, just read it, and move on. Learn the lesson and don't b*tch at people when the info they give you just may save your life

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks i apreciate that one rude comment not the first one ive seen.

I told you I wasn't going to sugar coat anything, not intentionally trying to hurt your feelings, just being brutally honest with you. I'm calling a spade a spade. You're 17 and you have some things to learn, accept it and move on, you will learn with time. But if you think you're fooling someone by telling me you have gobs of experience, you are mistaken. I remember being 17 and knowing that I didn't know jack squat, no matter what I told people.

I have been riding sleds in the mountains longer than you have been alive and my old man has been riding sleds in the mountains for almost 45 years. When you reach a milestone like that, we'll talk about experience. I still learn lots from him each time we go riding.

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
Nice Video, your choice of Music isnt for me, BUT Nice video.I won a trip to the Terra Canna Ranch last winter thru Sno & mud ,just couldnt afford to go ,

there are a few posts by the same person out there. what ever. im done reading some of these posts. im only gonna comment on the ones that say "hey looks like u worked hard on this good job." but what ever. like the post i quoted on, those are ones that i will be thanking for now on.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice video makes it easy to share with others a buddy of mine is getting me into makeing videos on our quad trips with go pro's now i will be a newbe with my sled looks like fun hope mine does not roll down the hill .here's randys quad video he does a great job [media]http://vimeo.com/16133562[/media] just to give you some ideas cheers:)

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
nice video makes it easy to share with others a buddy of mine is getting me into makeing videos on our quad trips with go pro's now i will be a newbe with my sled looks like fun hope mine does not roll down the hill .here's randys quad video he does a great job [media]http://vimeo.com/16133562[/media] just to give you some ideas cheers:)

cool vid. nice mud boggin there. ive been qauding a couple times and tried stuff like that but as instense.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it really does take a near miss to change how you ride. last season as i was digging a friend out burried up to his neck. . this was a wimpy hill too. but almost 2.5m of snow broke loose and it didnt move fast either. it wasnt steep. but that doesnt matter it still won. now when i ride people wonder why i pass up certain opportunities. they havent experienced what ive experienced. and when you spend as much time in the hills as i do and see weird stuff like that happening it makes you second guess every pull you have ever taken or will take.

we want you to ride and make videos. your a great rider from what i can see.

but you should try riding with some knowlegable people. ( if they will let you ) as you will have to change your attitude slightly. you will learn alot and iwould bet you wouldnt touch some of those hills you were on if you fully understood what could happen. i beleive in avalanche courses but just listening/watching and learning from the experienced guys goes along ways if you dont have the time or the funds for the course.

some of the hills you were playing on arent so bad. ididnt watch the whole video but some of them were short and had a gentle long runout zone. good on you.

but the one with the gulley is asking for it. LARGE faces like that will fill up that gulley deeper than any probe will reach. they will be heli lifting an excavator to dig you out. and dont get me wrong in the correct conditions i would be all over that gulley.

ps. myname is sean maxwell and i will let you know if you are doing someting stupid on the hill. ill approach you nicely the first time as i like to educate. so take it for what its worth and accept the advice on here and on the hill.

we all realize your harmless but you dont truly understand the devestation an avalanche can create. neither did i when i was 17. all is good. attitude is everything

Id ride with you any day Sean good writin

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks i apreciate that one rude comment not the first one ive seen.

just ignore their comments like that! they actually are good people , that was my first impression to!! i gave up , but a couple years later i took my second stab at it and it worked out! some of them still are my "enemies" but we tolerate each other enough to not get banned , my advice , ignore the bullchit and try and look past it and let it go , they are nice people tho.

i liked the vid.

but modman dude you could have put that so many nicer ways man!!

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just ignore their comments like that! they actually are good people , that was my first impression to!! i gave up , but a couple years later i took my second stab at it and it worked out! some of them still are my "enemies" but we tolerate each other enough to not get banned , my advice , ignore the bullchit and try and look past it and let it go , they are nice people tho.

i liked the vid.

but modman dude you could have put that so many nicer ways man!!

forgot to say take the good advice but ignore all the bullchit rude comments.

and talk to bogger , he helped me be thick skinned on my second try here!

guys cut him some slack!!! he obviously loves sledding and everything about it as do i , so give him a break , did you guys ever have not so much experience? or were you all born perfect riders?

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
forgot to say take the good advice but ignore all the bullchit rude comments.

and talk to bogger , he helped me be thick skinned on my second try here!

guys cut him some slack!!! he obviously loves sledding and everything about it as do i , so give him a break , did you guys ever have not so much experience? or were you all born perfect riders?

:) thank you. i hope we can meet up somewhere i the mountains.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
... so give him a break , did you guys ever have not so much experience? or were you all born perfect riders?

Seperate of this post, lacking experience and lacking the ability to listen and learn are two completely different things.

One's not bad, the other is stupidity.

These forums are filled with lots of info, and people handing that info out. Some of it better then others, but if you sift through it, you find a lot of good solid info.

As you can see in recent years there has been a push for safety. Some taking to it more then others, but it's taken us this long to get here. Hopefully one day "accidents" will become few and far between because people will follow the rules of the mountain.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
damn man you caught some good air on that quad made me laught this morning! but seriously here clayton these guys are not being dicks to you they are just trying to make sure that you live to make more videos!!! we appreciate your video and think it was good we are just trying to poing out to you from people who know there stuff!!! that the area (s) you were in are quite dangerous spots to be in listen to maxwell the man knows his chit!!! same with the majority of the rest on here please dont take it as bashing I know what it was like to be an engertic 17 year old i'm only 24 but I remeber we thought we knew it all back then turns out we knew really nothing!!! but please just even sit back on this thread and listen and thank the older guys that they are giving up there knowledge to you!! all we want is to see more people come into this sport but to be safe and responsible we dont need anymore avalnaches going off and getting bad names from the media about being reckless and believe me the media searches this site hard when something happens so we are all just trying to save our sport as welll and well hate to say it but videos like that even though they are good kinda give the sled community a bad name!! keep riding hard buddy and definately talk to your dad about an avy course they are well worth it!!!!

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
damn man you caught some good air on that quad made me laught this morning! but seriously here clayton these guys are not being dicks to you they are just trying to make sure that you live to make more videos!!! we appreciate your video and think it was good we are just trying to poing out to you from people who know there stuff!!! that the area (s) you were in are quite dangerous spots to be in listen to maxwell the man knows his chit!!! same with the majority of the rest on here please dont take it as bashing I know what it was like to be an engertic 17 year old i'm only 24 but I remeber we thought we knew it all back then turns out we knew really nothing!!! but please just even sit back on this thread and listen and thank the older guys that they are giving up there knowledge to you!! all we want is to see more people come into this sport but to be safe and responsible we dont need anymore avalnaches going off and getting bad names from the media about being reckless and believe me the media searches this site hard when something happens so we are all just trying to save our sport as welll and well hate to say it but videos like that even though they are good kinda give the sled community a bad name!! keep riding hard buddy and definately talk to your dad about an avy course they are well worth it!!!!

yea i kow but answer this. would get mad after being told the same thing over and over and even when i say thank you and accept it, peopls are still jumping down my throat. like dont i dont apreciate the info i do. but there are ways to say it nicley. ignorantly. or rudley. also how am i supposed to post a video if its bad yet be told to post more. like fine if its bad them im done posting vids here i will post them on backcountryrebels.com

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
yea i kow but answer this. would get mad after being told the same thing over and over and even when i say thank you and accept it, peopls are still jumping down my throat. like dont i dont apreciate the info i do. but there are ways to say it nicley. ignorantly. or rudley. also how am i supposed to post a video if its bad yet be told to post more. like fine if its bad them im done posting vids here i will post them on backcountryrebels.com

If the S&M crowd scare you off the rebels will eat you for lunch....

Just sayin,

I frequent both sites...

Top Bottom