My Sled Vid

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the reason i got the answer to what?

Originally Posted by jaredszakacs
so what you are saying is basicly that no matter what people tried to tell you about how unsafe your riding was your still gonna go back out and do the same stuff you were doing! like Jay said please remind us of were you are going so we can stay away I hope you dont become a statisitic! How about you really really impress us and show a video of you taking the ast 1 course then post a video of how much safer your riding has become! obviously these hills you are playing on and climbs you are doing really arent impressing to many people but more making people mad!! just some food for thought man

yup but then i will know wat to do and know wat will happen. and what ever about not riding i really dont care. its like asking some of the riders on professional sledin vid to not do his or her the way someone else wants. but wat ever i ride the way i ride. i dont critisize others and wont change my mind or the way i ride on someones else views... im not getting angry just simply stating

Does this help. I do not want to come off as pointing at you. There are more guys that have told him the same thing , Get the Avi course! We all know we need it. This young guy come on shows a Vid and gets blasted for doing things at the time he knew no better. Now he has some understanding and i have no doubt has looked on the net , read posts, looked at vids. He is young and yes at times you have to drill things into a young guys head. I learned evreything the hard way. And it never helped to have someone tell me i was wrong or do it this way.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nothing wrong with anything I have said or others have said is it so bad becuase I care and dont wanna see anyone hurt or killed or to even have to see an avy! Yes i realize it is getting repeditive but still we are not bashing the kid well atleast i'm not I'm just trying to be helpful and making sure the kid lives to ride a ton more and make a ton more of videos so my deepest appologizes for caring for someones life out on the mountain and for caring about the well being of our sport of sledding.

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
i already said i was going to take a avy coarse. but if i were to change the way i ride if would be a very small step. i have tried boondocking like what crhis burandt has done and it ended up in the group screwin off without me and me walking back to the cabin and getting my sled the next day. so from there on then i hate boondocking. i will do it but have the biggest frown on my face you will see. i have been looking on the net for avy coarse in alberta and so on. like if i had a time machine i would go back in time and get the avy coarse so i can forget about all of this bashing.

i didn't ask to get bashed, i didn't ask for anything. i post a vid to think i might impress people, but if its just making people mad. then fine the people who are mad when you see

My Sled Vid 2

dont look at it. its that simple.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i already said i was going to take a avy coarse. but if i were to change the way i ride if would be a very small step. i have tried boondocking like what crhis burandt has done and it ended up in the group screwin off without me and me walking back to the cabin and getting my sled the next day. so from there on then i hate boondocking. i will do it but have the biggest frown on my face you will see. i have been looking on the net for avy coarse in alberta and so on. like if i had a time machine i would go back in time and get the avy coarse so i can forget about all of this bashing.

i didn't ask to get bashed, i didn't ask for anything. i post a vid to think i might impress people, but if its just making people mad. then fine the people who are mad when you see

My Sled Vid 2

idont look at it. its that simple.
love boondoking! i live for it!!!:d

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
love boondoking! i live for it!!!:d

lol. its just that one time that i hated. i might get into it again. :\ i remember once i was climbing a mountain and i hit a grave from a sled getting stuck. i pulled through and was still climbing but i coudn't dodge this tree. was alot more flimsy than i thought cuz i climbed up and over it. everyone at the bottom was laughin so hard XD

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol. its just that one time that i hated. i might get into it again. :\ i remember once i was climbing a mountain and i hit a grave from a sled getting stuck. i pulled through and was still climbing but i coudn't dodge this tree. was alot more flimsy than i thought cuz i climbed up and over it. everyone at the bottom was laughin so hard XD

lol thats a cool story! once we had so much snow that i tried to take off on that phazer and i gave it the gas and their was 3 feet of snow in front of the sled , i gave it the gas , i trenched it and i did not move even a foot! lol it was hilarious , spent about 10 mins digging it out!

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
lol thats a cool story! once we had so much snow that i tried to take off on that phazer and i gave it the gas and their was 3 feet of snow in front of the sled , i gave it the gas , i trenched it and i did not move even a foot! lol it was hilarious , spent about 10 mins digging it out!

lol i remember doing something like that. i was all like watch this then bam and stuck. after that i was just like -_- really

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
just for reference.....joeys 3' = about 8".....his trench was more of a rut, and his 10 min was more of 2 or 3........just want to keep it in perspective here

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just for reference.....joeys 3' = about 8".....his trench was more of a rut, and his 10 min was more of 2 or 3........just want to keep it in perspective here

i wish i had pics to prove this , it was 3 feet and it was 10 min , one time we spent 45 min digging out an rx1!

8 inches? how the hell do you get anything stuck in 8 inches????

my trench went past the seat...........

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
i wish i had pics to prove this , it was 3 feet and it was 10 min , one time we spent 45 min digging out an rx1!

8 inches? how the hell do you get anything stuck in 8 inches????

my trench went past the seat...........

lol i dont doubt you. when i start to bog out on a hill or anyone does we dig it in. we like to overexaderate on dig in so we pin it XD we literally make a hole i mean usually the grave is about as tall as me. sometimes not that bad but usually about as a tall as me because when we dig it in the sled tends to be straight up. im 5'11 btw

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol i dont doubt you. when i start to bog out on a hill or anyone does we dig it in. we like to overexaderate on dig in so we pin it XD we literally make a hole i mean usually the grave is about as tall as me. sometimes not that bad but usually about as a tall as me because when we dig it in the sled tends to be straight up. im 5'11 btw

yah i believe it! we burried a rx1 so bad we pulled it out with the minivan! , it was past the gas tank deep.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.

My Sled Vid 2

dont look at it. its that simple.

Hat's off to ya for wanting to take a avy course. Your on the right track guy! Just wanto see you and you buds safe out there like every one else on this forum. Some express it in different ways. If your buds left you stuck in the trees, shame on them. Don't ride with them. I just watched Chris Brants new Schooled Vid. Now that is skill, not to mention fun!. Have you seen it yet? If you are into just hill climbing, that's great too. Whatever your into, do it safe, and use common sense.... unlike in your video. I'm not impressed with it for the unsafe area and practices. Your riding is great for a beginner.
It's a horrific and life changing experience to frantically dig out a victim only to find him lifeless, blue, cold, and dead.. and to realize it could of been avoided. It makes you not want to look at a sled for quite some time. I know! I've been sledding for a lot of years, and I'm still learning, still make mistakes, still go places I shouldn't, but not near as much as I used to. Listen to some of the people on here as I think we all have the same goal and that is no more avy fatalities!

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
Hat's off to ya for wanting to take a avy course. Your on the right track guy! Just wanto see you and you buds safe out there like every one else on this forum. Some express it in different ways. If your buds left you stuck in the trees, shame on them. Don't ride with them. I just watched Chris Brants new Schooled Vid. Now that is skill, not to mention fun!. Have you seen it yet? If you are into just hill climbing, that's great too. Whatever your into, do it safe, and use common sense.... unlike in your video. I'm not impressed with it for the unsafe area and practices. Your riding is great for a beginner.
It's a horrific and life changing experience to frantically dig out a victim only to find him lifeless, blue, cold, and dead.. and to realize it could of been avoided. It makes you not want to look at a sled for quite some time. I know! I've been sledding for a lot of years, and I'm still learning, still make mistakes, still go places I shouldn't, but not near as much as I used to. Listen to some of the people on here as I think we all have the same goal and that is no more avy fatalities!

well its not completley the whole groups falt. the way we do it is that the person in front of you is respnsible for the person behind you. you wait for anyone behind you so if somthing does go wrong then there are 2 of you and not one. he just dint look back. he definetley got chewed out for that by his dad. was almost sent home on a bus XD

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
Hey man nice work, i liked it. Tell me what u think.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoLn7KXmSkc[/media]

haha nice vid man. what program did you use to edit that. can u send me a link or post here. i cant fade out my music or background music on my program. please let me know ive been looking for a program like that for about 7 months now.

Top Bottom