2023 Sled Show in Edmonton

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The 858 will be there. Also the engine that they had hay days and the new screen to play with.
I really wanted to see that, someone should ask the Arctic cat reps if the Garmin gauge can communicate with the Polaris ride command. And the trail tech GPS units. That would be great.

I hear Polaris offered the tracking technology to skidoo and they turned it down, not sure how much credibility there is to that story though. But if all the brands got the same tracking tech it would be awesome.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really wanted to see that, someone should ask the Arctic cat reps if the Garmin gauge can communicate with the Polaris ride command. And the trail tech GPS units. That would be great.

I hear Polaris offered the tracking technology to skidoo and they turned it down, not sure how much credibility there is to that story though. But if all the brands got the same tracking tech it would be awesome.
If you watch then haydays release video they kinda beat around the bush with it. Maybe it has the capability but an agreement hasnt been made yet?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you watch then haydays release video they kinda beat around the bush with it. Maybe it has the capability but an agreement hasnt been made yet?

this is what i don't understand, an agreement shouldn't have to be made, this is very old marine technology that every marine radio manufacturer uses. There's nothing proprietary about sending/receiving a GPS position over VHF. unless Polaris is encrypting it somehow maybe. You can go buy a marine vhf radio, plug it into your Garmin and see every boat in real time on your screen, including their names. i just cant figure out for the life of me how these manufacturers aren't getting these screens to work with each other, its so easy.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone from cowtown heading up tomorrow? I need a part picked up if possible (its small, just a switch).

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is what i don't understand, an agreement shouldn't have to be made, this is very old marine technology that every marine radio manufacturer uses. There's nothing proprietary about sending/receiving a GPS position over VHF. unless Polaris is encrypting it somehow maybe. You can go buy a marine vhf radio, plug it into your Garmin and see every boat in real time on your screen, including their names. i just cant figure out for the life of me how these manufacturers aren't getting these screens to work with each other, its so easy.

Is it VHF?
Depending on the power of the unit, it may not be legal in Canada for a Manufacturer to install in a vehicle.
If you send out a Garmin US 8w rino to get repaired, you get it back at a Can 4 watts. This happened to a guy I know with his rino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
My season movie from last year(an earlier version of it since my computer is a paperweight) is playing at the specialty Motorsports booth, look for the TV on the trailer.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw no 858. There was a couple Catalyst though. No shortage of finger throttles. I was looking for ski scratchers. Didn't see any scrathers at all. There was a lot more to look at years ago. Amsoil girls lol. I did glimpse Muskoka and his squeeze. I'll probably regret signing up for that regulated electricity deal.at the Direct Energy booth.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is Direct Energy doing there. Are they are charge station for the new electric Polaris snowmobile?? ✌🏾

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there much of a crowd? Had a buddy send me pics and looked like hardly anyone there from the pics

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there much of a crowd? Had a buddy send me pics and looked like hardly anyone there from the pics
I got there a half hour before closing. The parking was 80% full. Lots of people.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw no 858. There was a couple Catalyst though. No shortage of finger throttles. I was looking for ski scratchers. Didn't see any scrathers at all. There was a lot more to look at years ago. Amsoil girls lol. I did glimpse Muskoka and his squeeze. I'll probably regret signing up for that regulated electricity deal.at the Direct Energy booth.

The 858 was in the black catalyst, I talked to the guy a bit about., small package, sled looks like it will work well, super light

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another very Mehhhh show, grabbed my bumper for the g5 at remers renderings. Checked the catalysts out, and the new Polaris expedition and can am maverick. Then I left, didn’t even get 45 mins total, got there at 3:45, gone and in the truck by 4:25. Was like 6 sleds at show and shine. 1/3 the booths had nothing to do with Powersports

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another very Mehhhh show, grabbed my bumper for the g5 at remers renderings. Checked the catalysts out, and the new Polaris expedition and can am maverick. Then I left, didn’t even get 45 mins total, got there at 3:45, gone and in the truck by 4:25. Was like 6 sleds at show and shine. 1/3 the booths had nothing to do with Powersports

Did you get any autographs from celbrities?

Top Bottom