2021 Sled Show in Edmonton - Cancelled

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Dont thank us, thank your government for the lockdowns
I frickin love the lockdowns! It’s like my social isolation is government approved!! And people suck. People are angry. My dog and chickens are the best! The pic is the vibe my pack feels when another lockdown is announced!

Attachments

• 51BFDC45-A77F-4F7E-8AD1-F77DEED6D510.png
    51BFDC45-A77F-4F7E-8AD1-F77DEED6D510.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 137
  • 4165DE52-3B74-484A-AD6F-B2CF117A07BC.png
    4165DE52-3B74-484A-AD6F-B2CF117A07BC.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one year at Bragg I remember there was so much congestion at the corner by our booth that there were complaints and the club asked us to get people moving if you can believe that? We had Randall from Superclamp selling Superclamp products out of our booth (he sold over 120) we had Vince from Klim across the aisle and both of us sold out of Klim gear that day and Darryl from Racers edge was kitty corner from us. All our booths were super busy. We made a lot of money that day. Lol

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe we could do a grass drag at the same time. That would be awesome
this event happened 20 yrs ago.... LOL. There was the grass drags at Leduc every year in the late fall, in classic AB fashion there was usually snow on the ground already, it was probably a bit too late some years and the weather pushed the crowds away. It was like mini-haydays. Fun times. Hay Days is such a success because you can walk around in a t-shirt. I think there was desire to draw some manufacturers, and they were not willing to put a "showroom" out into the middle of a blizzard in Oct or early Nov, so this pushed some decisions to go indoors. Earlier in the fall would reduce that chance as well. In a climate like ours, its hard to get the people out when its snowing, the wind is blowing 100+ and its -20C also.

Like many are saying - Move it outdoors in mid-Sept to a centralized location like Red Deer. its always good weather still in Sept and it would draw from both major centres. Find a spot with a good size hay shed for any vendors that want to be under cover to protect inventory.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not so sure the red deer thing is a good idea. I understand the thought process but Then you'll likely just loose all the Edmonton folks which is a good chunk of the snowmobile demographic. I love the sled show but adding 3 hours to the visit would likely be a deal breaker for most. Margins are thin for most dealers and distributors at the sled show and hauling all of that gear and crew another 3 hours, Hotels etc would not be feasible at all. I look at a major supporting booth like Martin Motorsports which takes up half of the entire venue with over 50 staff there, moving that to red deer you just wouldn't see them there i don't think. Sure you might gain some distributors/dealers from being closer to calgary but im sure the ASA has thought about all of that and weighed out the pros/cons. And if i wanted to walk around outside in the freezing cold looking at sleds i would just go to the Allan creek cabin in December. Keep it indoors, keep it in Edmonton. IMO. Our climate is too unpredictable and a bad weather day could literally be devastating for the ASA financially. What i would like to see is moving it to a more affordable venue to entice all of the dealers/distributors/builders that dont necessarily move enough product to make it worth their while but want to show off their stuff. We have lost a lot of those year to year. Be nice to see more US distributors with actual product to sell aswell, i know that is a challenge

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
How much for the shirts?
Randy, Pricing will be determined after we place our order, the more we order the less it costs us the less we have to charge you.

Go vote here for what you would like to see the graphic offered on:

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not so sure the red deer thing is a good idea. I understand the thought process but Then you'll likely just loose all the Edmonton folks which is a good chunk of the snowmobile demographic. I love the sled show but adding 3 hours to the visit would likely be a deal breaker for most. Margins are thin for most dealers and distributors at the sled show and hauling all of that gear and crew another 3 hours, Hotels etc would not be feasible at all. I look at a major supporting booth like Martin Motorsports which takes up half of the entire venue with over 50 staff there, moving that to red deer you just wouldn't see them there i don't think. Sure you might gain some distributors/dealers from being closer to calgary but im sure the ASA has thought about all of that and weighed out the pros/cons. And if i wanted to walk around outside in the freezing cold looking at sleds i would just go to the Allan creek cabin in December. Keep it indoors, keep it in Edmonton. IMO. Our climate is too unpredictable and a bad weather day could literally be devastating for the ASA financially. What i would like to see is moving it to a more affordable venue to entice all of the dealers/distributors/builders that dont necessarily move enough product to make it worth their while but want to show off their stuff. We have lost a lot of those year to year. Be nice to see more US distributors with actual product to sell aswell, i know that is a challenge
I have to disagree. Sledders are sledders, and they come to Edmonton from all over the place including BC and Sask. Red Deer could offer the same indoor space for a fraction of the cost. As for Martin, well if they want access to the crowd they would have to travel like the majority of the other vendors.

I think there are a lot of Edmontonian sledder's that would love an overnight get away.

Just my 2 cents. (I would prefer it stay in edm as that's usually the kick off party with my outta town sled buddies.).

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree. Sledders are sledders, and they come to Edmonton from all over the place including BC and Sask. Red Deer could offer the same indoor space for a fraction of the cost. As for Martin, well if they want access to the crowd they would have to travel like the majority of the other vendors.

I think there are a lot of Edmontonian sledder's that would love an overnight get away.

Just my 2 cents. (I would prefer it stay in edm as that's usually the kick off party with my outta town sled buddies.).

The simple fact that we are both snowmobilers and you disagree with me just confirms that no matter what the ASA does with the snowmobile show not everyone will be happy LOL

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this event happened 20 yrs ago.... LOL. There was the grass drags at Leduc every year in the late fall, in classic AB fashion there was usually snow on the ground already, it was probably a bit too late some years and the weather pushed the crowds away. It was like mini-haydays. Fun times. Hay Days is such a success because you can walk around in a t-shirt. I think there was desire to draw some manufacturers, and they were not willing to put a "showroom" out into the middle of a blizzard in Oct or early Nov, so this pushed some decisions to go indoors. Earlier in the fall would reduce that chance as well. In a climate like ours, its hard to get the people out when its snowing, the wind is blowing 100+ and its -20C also.

Like many are saying - Move it outdoors in mid-Sept to a centralized location like Red Deer. its always good weather still in Sept and it would draw from both major centres. Find a spot with a good size hay shed for any vendors that want to be under cover to protect inventory.
Sound like it might be a good time to bring it back!

Mid September would be a good time.
A drag race would add a lot to any show imo

If a guy wants to look at sleds and gear inside, could just go to a dealership any day of the week.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The simple fact that we are both snowmobilers and you disagree with me just confirms that no matter what the ASA does with the snowmobile show not everyone will be happy LOL
If any dealer can make a successful move its Martins. I have to say there team is nothing short of impressive at the Calgary Boat Show every year. Prolly 25 staff, their own forklifts, multiple trucks hauling boats, their own buffet. I heard $200,000 just for the Calgary Boat show alone.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If any dealer can make a successful move its Martins. I have to say there team is nothing short of impressive at the Calgary Boat Show every year. Prolly 25 staff, their own forklifts, multiple trucks hauling boats, their own buffet. I heard $200,000 just for the Calgary Boat show alone.

agreed, The thing about boats is you make money on them though. LOL

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking shows / events being cancelled has a direct correlation to how hick / anti vax the crowd is, flames will fill the stands with fully vaxxed tomorrow, my wife has a large horse show at stampede grounds usually oct 10th or so cancelled for all the horse hicks who‘d rather take ivermectin.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Thinking shows / events being cancelled has a direct correlation to how hick / anti vax the crowd is, flames will fill the stands with fully vaxxed tomorrow, my wife has a large horse show at stampede grounds usually oct 10th or so cancelled for all the horse hicks who‘d rather take ivermectin.
Ivermectin works. Vaccine doesn't. Makes sense to me.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Just couldn’t post something without being a ……. (Place whatever word here you like)

Top Bottom