Kinda new to Snow & Mud - A renewed hello of sorts (lol)

YammieLover

Reaction score
Hello Sledders...

I used to hang out here years ago when I was into sledding (Username GasCan), but have been away for some time. Recently, I purchased a couple of older sleds to get back into sledding with, but now starting to upgrade to some newer models as well. Having relocated to the Spruce Grove area, I have a couple of older Yamaha SX Vipers, a couple of older SRX 2 strokes, and just picked up a new 24' Sidewinder SRX this past Saturday. Hoping to get out around Westlock and the Edson region to check out some of the local trail systems with my two boys this winter. Here's a video of the new one I just picked up on Saturday.

Last edited:

YammieLover

Reaction score
Hello there Doug!

You nailed it. How's things down in Fernie? I take it you're still grooming down there?

I have been busy moving around while expanding my alarm company over the past few years, but recently settled just west of Edmonton where I hope to make it home for the foreseeable future. I hope they get more snow up here than we did in the Okotoks area so I can actually ride from my back door. We'll have to wait and see on that one I guess.

Are you still riding lots?

:cool:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hello there Doug!

You nailed it. How's things down in Fernie? I take it you're still grooming down there?

I have been busy moving around while expanding my alarm company over the past few years, but recently settled just west of Edmonton where I hope to make it home for the foreseeable future. I hope they get more snow up here than we did in the Okotoks area so I can actually ride from my back door. We'll have to wait and see on that one I guess.

Are you still riding lots?

:cool:
Down sizing and more amenities than we had in Elkford was a decision we made 4 years ago. We relocated to Salmon Arm. Still rocking the Doo’s and we still ride. Hoping to get 25 days in this year and maybe more. Members of Hunters Range out of Enderby and I go to a few work parties to help out as much as I can. Haven’t groomed since they contracted grooming out in Fernie nearly 10 years ago now. Boy time is flying by.
Good luck with your business and if you are ever out this way say hello.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello Sledders...

I used to hang out here years ago when I was into sledding (Username GasCan), but have been away for some time. Recently, I purchased a couple of older sleds to get back into sledding with, but now starting to upgrade to some newer models as well. Having relocated to the Spruce Grove area, I have a couple of older Yamaha SX Vipers, a couple of older SRX 2 strokes, and just picked up a new 24' Sidewinder SRX this past Saturday. Hoping to get out around Westlock and the Edson region to check out some of the local trail systems with my two boys this winter. Here's a video of the new one I just picked up on Saturday.

Black & Gold Turbo 998

you don't need to travel all the way to Edson to find trails for you and the kids, check out the Alberta Beach Snowmobile Club Trails as well Graeme!

YammieLover

Reaction score
Thanks Tyler.

Long time no see.

At the sled show, I checked out the booths for the Alberta Beach Club as well as the Pembina Drift Busters Club out of Westlock. I bought a few trail passes through these clubs and planned to check them out further when we get some snow. Going to drive a few roads in the area this week to see what obstacles I might uncover if we decide to run some of the ditches up Highway 44 and west to Alberta Beach. Going to map out some rocks and culverts before they are all covered up with white stuff.

Top Bottom