Not Getting Refunded For Cancelled Bookings.

DragonCFI

Reaction score
Booked a Place last Fall that took full payment up front. Had it booked for Feb 11 and Cancelled on Jan 20. Policy is 48 hrs before still haven't gotten my money back and no response from the place. It wasn't the best year for riding but that's the way it goes and plans change.. Anyone else have problems getting refunded??? If your taking payment up front its not your money until I stay there its probably spent long before and gone now I'm out $1400.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always just show up and pay. Seldom have trouble finding a hotel. Dont see a point paying 5 months before.

Good luck though.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Booked a Place last Fall that took full payment up front. Had it booked for Feb 11 and Cancelled on Jan 20. Policy is 48 hrs before still haven't gotten my money back and no response from the place. It wasn't the best year for riding but that's the way it goes and plans change.. Anyone else have problems getting refunded??? If your taking payment up front its not your money until I stay there its probably spent long before and gone now I'm out $1400.

Society says just cut your losses and don’t say anything, people aren’t allowed to complain anymore and the customer is always wrong. If you bring up that someone f*cked up you might hurt someone’s feelings or be taking money right out of some trannys dick cut off fund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will a CC company refund something I paid for in October.
If you were to call/speak to your CC company and initiate a investigation they will go after and make the initial investigation for you. You may have to supply them the paperwork and it could take a bit up to 90 days. I did this not long ago and did receive my $$ back after i got the CC Co involved. Chances are these clowns are hoping you just go away while they keep you hard earned $$. If it is a Co they will not like when CC fraud dept calls them and has the power to suspend any/all there transactions going forward and have a bad report all over the credit sites./consumer sites. I am gonna say you will get your money back should you go this route. Keep the thread updated on progress.:)

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Credit card company should get back for you but be prepared to spend about an hour on the phone with them and like stated above it will take a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going to see a lot more of this happening as inflation and high interest rates start raging through our country. The true cost of Building back better. Hopefully you can make contact and work something out.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had great luck with Visa on a case of wine we ordered from a winery we visited in Tuscany last spring. I spent $50 on phone calls trying to get them to send it and they kept forgetting so I finally told Visa what was going on as I had prepaid and told them I didn’t want it anymore and that I was done with these people. They resolved it in less than 24 hours with no argument from the winery. I then emailed the winery and asked them if they had ever met Mr Google Review because they were going to get cozy with him real quick. My wife said I was being petty and a I told her yes I am. 😏

DragonCFI

Reaction score
If you were to call/speak to your CC company and initiate an investigation they will go after and make the initial investigation for you. You may have to supply them the paperwork and it could take a bit up to 90 days. I did this not long ago and did receive my $$ back after i got the CC Co involved. Chances are these clowns are hoping you just go away while they keep you hard earned $$. If it is a Co they will not like when CC fraud dept calls them and has the power to suspend any/all there transactions going forward and have a bad report all over the credit sites./consumer sites. I am gonna say you will get your money back should you go this route. Keep the thread updated on progress.:)
I can only go as far back as December to dispute something. Unfortunately

DragonCFI

Reaction score
I always just show up and pay. Seldom have trouble finding a hotel. Dont see a point paying 5 months before.

Good luck though.
When we have a larger group going we like to rent cabins or house in this case. Our usual place was already booked and never had to pay up front always the last night before we left town as long as they had a card on file. I will defiantly be staying away from places taking payment upfront.

Top Bottom