2022 Sled Show in Edmonton

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went Saturday around 6... felt like Sunday at 6 lol

If we are going down to 2 nights, can we keep some excitement there for Saturday night? no one on stage, people pretty much sitting in chairs waiting to clean up.

I did get a few parts and pieces, the boy's heart is set on a 200 now lol and now the wife wants to book a she course so win/win/win!

plus the parking machine was broken when I left, saved 15 bucks!

Maybe the snowmobile/ski show is a thing we need to entertain? Sure be nice to FILL a few halls with more to look at... snow is snow and most of the gear can be used in both sports...

If you had a booth, THANK YOU. It was nice to have a show again. if you went, THANK YOU... we need to get back to the good ol' days!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
it was a great time to see the number of people and have conversations with a lot of people we haven't seen in a few years, the deals were definitely few and far between.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
The show for me was amazing, I stepped into the booth on Friday and talked with people non-stop to 8:30 with out leaving my spot, it was so awesome to see everyone and chat, the booth was rocking! Jason Ribi was the same in the Lynx section. To all those who came, thanks, you made it awesome. Saturday was slower for the first hour then it hummed along all day until about 6:30. In my mind there is no reason to have the show start before 10am and go past 5 pm, if you can't make it in those times then you really just don't want to make it. By doing noon to 9 makes no venders have fun as they are quite shattered and when you add a 9 am to 9 pm shift then few people go out or add to the local bar scene, if the show did 2-6 or 7 friday 10-5 saturday and then added 10-3 sunday I think it would be better. Also adding skiing snowboarding and sled skiing, have some talks on that and riding and I think it will be bigger. Its hard for stores to bring down so much stuff and pay to have a big booth then take so much back to the shop, they need to figure out how to make it so stores can make deals happen. Martins always does a huge sale but they need to help others as make it easy. But again if you dont go to the show, and complain you are part of the problem, I talked to several people who drove all the way from south calgary, it makes those who did not show like lame sledders, ha ha, take that!! So glad the show is back and look forward to it again next season!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good show, nice to see people and have the show back. It needs the support to continue and get bigger/Better!

i agree with Dave, give us back the old schedule. 12 hour days are exhausting and tough to stay excited as an exhibitor. anyone that came Saturday between 6-9pm got shorted as most people had started packing up and leaving. Show organizer told lots of people they had to be out that night and who wants to start pack up at 9pm? not to mention the oilers game and other festivities happening after 5pm. the show was just dead during those hours. It also Doesn't give anyone time to "network" after the show on Friday or Saturday. no need for 9-11am as its dead during those hours too.

back to 3 shorter days please!

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, I would have bought some Freerider Films swag if Muskoka Matt had a booth... Was cool to see him and say hi. Maybe I missed his?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
good show, nice to see people and have the show back. It needs the support to continue and get bigger/Better!

i agree with Dave, give us back the old schedule. 12 hour days are exhausting and tough to stay excited as an exhibitor. anyone that came Saturday between 6-9pm got shorted as most people had started packing up and leaving. Show organizer told lots of people they had to be out that night and who wants to start pack up at 9pm? not to mention the oilers game and other festivities happening after 5pm. the show was just dead during those hours. It also Doesn't give anyone time to "network" after the show on Friday or Saturday. no need for 9-11am as its dead during those hours too.

I don't think we will see the Sunday back but we did discuss different hours at the ASA meeting yesterday.

In previous years there was not enough attendance on a Sunday to even cover the facility rental fees for that day!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, I would have bought some Freerider Films swag if Muskoka Matt had a booth... Was cool to see him and say hi. Maybe I missed his?
14C16407-1C7E-4A0F-A0B8-F7FEC29C3B04.jpeg

Matt was there. Sold out early. Was in the Munster booth in the corner.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw him and said hi but didn't catch the gear. I also saw you and your son sitting on the new Expert! He looked like he was having as much fun as my boy there, all smiles! I bet he can't wait to get that M7 (M8?) of his on the snow!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw him and said hi but didn't catch the gear. I also saw you and your son sitting on the new Expert! He looked like he was having as much fun as my boy there, all smiles! I bet he can't wait to get that M7 (M8?) of his on the snow!
Yup he’s excited to get the M7 out! We spent a solid 12 hours at the show Saturday, was a great time. Spent a lot of time in the widescape booth too. Hoping to get a chance to try these when there available,think they would a lot of fun out in Nordegg
FF316754-207D-4D2E-ACF6-9EC52E61EB1A.jpeg
C6E10F4E-3A0C-4A41-9D97-D2727EE33D65.jpeg

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I disagree with Norona....you need to have at least one late night....

I think Friday....2:00ish ((maybe 1:00, maybe 3:00...??)) till 9:00,
then Saturday 9:00 till 5:00 or 6:00 would be perfect hours that would cover most schedules

and no, Sunday's are not necessary....proven over the years that attendance is poor on Sunday's

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone that stopped by to say high and bought something. I really appreciate all the support. Now we just need some snow.

It was a pleasure meeting you guys and doing business with you. Now I’ve got lots of goodies to install on my new sled once it arrives.
And thanks for looking after the radios Blair dropped off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a spark plug wrench for a 850 doo but I can't remember what booth . Did any else see it?

Dryden29

Reaction score
Great to be back at the show! 3 of us in there on Saturday for 4 hours. In our group we bought about $2500 in merchandise. Thanks to all the Exhibitors who participated!!

Always appreciate the effort that Martin's puts into their booths for merchandise! Son bought a 509 carbon. Son-in-law purchase a Avy bag. Bought myself some trailer hangers for gear from Allen Dale and a clutch kit at Altitude Powersports for the Axys. Thanks Ben for your time and knowledge! Looking forward to getting in the hills with that kit!

Been going to the snow show for alot of years and have personally been working Ag trade shows since 1985. I would agree with comments that extending show hours to 9:00 PM over 2 days is not worth it. Working those later tradeshow hours are hard to stay energized! And especially with the attendance drops off after 6:00 PM!!

Seeing some of our industry tradeshow days/hours move to 2 days and run hours of 10:00 AM - 5:00/6:00 at latest. Not sure if you drop the Friday and run the Sat/Sun days. I'm sure someone has run the attendance/$$ on it.

Hopefully the organizers find some of these posts and consider the suggestions from the people in attendance. Thanks ASA for getting this show back into circulation!

Just my $0.02

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Great to be back at the show! 3 of us in there on Saturday for 4 hours. In our group we bought about $2500 in merchandise. Thanks to all the Exhibitors who participated!!

Always appreciate the effort that Martin's puts into their booths for merchandise! Son bought a 509 carbon. Son-in-law purchase a Avy bag. Bought myself some trailer hangers for gear from Allen Dale and a clutch kit at Altitude Powersports for the Axys. Thanks Ben for your time and knowledge! Looking forward to getting in the hills with that kit!

Been going to the snow show for alot of years and have personally been working Ag trade shows since 1985. I would agree with comments that extending show hours to 9:00 PM over 2 days is not worth it. Working those later tradeshow hours are hard to stay energized! And especially with the attendance drops off after 6:00 PM!!

Seeing some of our industry tradeshow days/hours move to 2 days and run hours of 10:00 AM - 5:00/6:00 at latest. Not sure if you drop the Friday and run the Sat/Sun days. I'm sure someone has run the attendance/$$ on it.

Hopefully the organizers find some of these posts and consider the suggestions from the people in attendance. Thanks ASA for getting this show back into circulation!

Just my $0.02
we need to keep the friday night for sure, that's the "big night" for everyone.

Top Bottom