My Sled Vid

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it really does take a near miss to change how you ride. last season as i was digging a friend out burried up to his neck. . this was a wimpy hill too. but almost 2.5m of snow broke loose and it didnt move fast either. it wasnt steep. but that doesnt matter it still won. now when i ride people wonder why i pass up certain opportunities. they havent experienced what ive experienced. and when you spend as much time in the hills as i do and see weird stuff like that happening it makes you second guess every pull you have ever taken or will take.

we want you to ride and make videos. your a great rider from what i can see.

but you should try riding with some knowlegable people. ( if they will let you ) as you will have to change your attitude slightly. you will learn alot and iwould bet you wouldnt touch some of those hills you were on if you fully understood what could happen. i beleive in avalanche courses but just listening/watching and learning from the experienced guys goes along ways if you dont have the time or the funds for the course.

some of the hills you were playing on arent so bad. ididnt watch the whole video but some of them were short and had a gentle long runout zone. good on you.

but the one with the gulley is asking for it. LARGE faces like that will fill up that gulley deeper than any probe will reach. they will be heli lifting an excavator to dig you out. and dont get me wrong in the correct conditions i would be all over that gulley.

ps. myname is sean maxwell and i will let you know if you are doing someting stupid on the hill. ill approach you nicely the first time as i like to educate. so take it for what its worth and accept the advice on here and on the hill.

we all realize your harmless but you dont truly understand the devestation an avalanche can create. neither did i when i was 17. all is good. attitude is everything

And u said u were a dbag..... :dthats sounds like a very non-dbag thing to say, well put:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha call them and they will come.......... just saying

huh??? :confused:

This vid is someone with no experience, on a high HP sled, riding in sketchy terrain. When I see people like this on the hill, I ride away as fast as possible.

Say what you want, but if you don't sled then I'm not sure why you are passing judgement on those experienced riders that do. A little education goes a long way and there's no point in sugar-coating it to try and make someone feel good about their poor decisions, sometimes you just gotta say what needs to be said and they have to put their ego aside and accept the facts.

The media is all over this kind of BS, when someone dies in an avalanche, this is the footage you see on the news because someone wants to be a star, so they have a vid of themselves climbing and saying things like "I know they are dangerous and that's why I do them". People here do things on sleds on a daily basis that would blow your mind, so while having this vid on youtube and making rebellious statements might get ya a date to the junior prom, it pretty much didn't do anything for me. Our group takes sledding and hill safety very seriously, especially when 3 people you knew have died on the hills.

As a group we are all painted with the same brush, and I don't like being labelled the same as others because I'm not....or maybe when you posted that you were drunk like all the other quadders out there.....:D (just kidding).

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy bbq fest. Kid just joins and ya all come crashing down on him. Lighten up a bit.

There are some very experienced sledders on here trying to get across how dangerous his riding, attitude, and lack of knowledge is.. We all started at some point and I had made many dangerous climbs before I became wise to the dangers hidden under the snow. This guy needs to listen..I have two boys his age that have rode in the mountains since they were 10 and 12 years old and can ride with anyone, yet I preach, teach, and try to mentor them so they live to a ripe old age. This is no joke and this kid and whoever is supervising him needs to spend some time reading, training, etc. This is no roast.

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
===== QUOTE mudd kitty ====

Hahahaha call them and they will come.......... just saying

===== /QUOTE ====

This vid is someone with no experience, on a high HP sled, riding in sketchy terrain. When I see people like this on the hill, I ride away as fast as possible.

Say what you want, but if you don't sled then I'm not sure why you are passing judgement on those experienced riders that do. A little education goes a long way and there's no point in sugar-coating it to try and make someone feel good about their poor decisions, sometimes you just gotta say what needs to be said and they have to put their ego aside and accept the facts.

The media is all over this kind of BS, when someone dies in an avalanche, this is the footage you see on the news because someone wants to be a star, so they have a vid of themselves climbing and saying things like "I know they are dangerous and that's why I do them". People here do things on sleds on a daily basis that would blow your mind, so while having this vid on youtube and making rebellious statements might get ya a date to the junior prom, it pretty much didn't do anything for me. Our group takes sledding and hill safety very seriously, especially when 3 people you knew have died on the hills.

As a group we are all painted with the same brush, and I don't like being labelled the same as others because I'm not....or maybe when you posted that you were drunk like all the other quadders out there.....:D (just kidding).

I was actually referring to the one talking about banging the kids sister or something along those lines when maxy there got all upset... No harm intended but yes I do not sled and am not passing judgement on any well seasoned, experienced rider. And yes I am drunk most of the time............... I might need a life coach.......

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've read through the posts and I don't want to bash this poor kid. Think back to when you all were 17....that's right....when you all thought you were 10 feet tall and bullet proof! He innocently posted a video of his attempt at riding in the mountains, and yes....some very bad mistakes were made in respect to terrain and lack of proper equipment. While some on here bashed him for putting in the wrong HP numbers in his video, I'm glad that the experienced ones on here pointed out to him the dangers of the way he was riding in the video.

What really concerns me, is that this is his Dad's sled and his Dad is letting him ride it unsafely in the mountains! I have a 14 year old that has ridden with me and my hubby in the mountains for the last 3 years. We have always taught him common sense, and have always carried the proper equipment. Last year we took an AST1 course together. I wouldn't have it any other way. Lori Zacaruk of Zac's Tracs pointed out that a 13 year old will pick up on all the stuff that us older ones may have missed....making it all the better to bring your kid to an avy course!!

Klayton, please take the next important step before making any more sledding videos. Sign up your Dad and yourself for an AST 1 course. It will make your choices of terrain for your next video alot safer and who knows? Maybe you will be some serious competition for Jim Phelan! Please update us when you're taking the course....:)

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy bbq fest. Kid just joins and ya all come crashing down on him. Lighten up a bit.

yeah some are getting a bit much but the main point here is trying to keep that kid a live to make another video like he made thats all just trying to make sure we dont have another avalanche victim

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
are we 2 faced or what?

come on here and tell someone to lighten up about avalaches....

then when the stories hit the news its a chit storm on here about how we dont police ourselves and its our own faults blahblahbl

the time is now!!!! this kid got a good lesson and some good information. maybe now he wont be a statistic or try to set off a cool avalanche fora rush

END OF STORY

im out

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
ok i understood the first few hundred times about the avy coarse and i considered it and i will do it but once i got to hear it constantly than thats when i get tired of it and start to show some attitude. like really if i was standing behind you and constantly poking you sayin "no your doing it wrong. thats a bad mistake" im sure you would eventually lose it. Also we had gear. and yes it was not on me. because all the spares went in 1 back pack the rest of the spares (food, water, clothes shovels, and 2 probes) was in each backpack slightly the ONLY REASON i had it off of me were on the climbs that were flimed because it only weighed me down and caused me to get stuck on the hill a few times with my 600. so now. is anyone going to take into consideration of what I have been sayiing for last couple pages.

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score

thanks i apreciate that one rude comment not the first one ive seen.

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah some are getting a bit much but the main point here is trying to keep that kid a live to make another video like he made thats all just trying to make sure we dont have another avalanche victim

so when the boys hit up revy this year and they start pulling the chutes. Who here is going to run over and tell them there being unsafe?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Don't worry kid..... Joey actually quit the site the first time, but eventually he came back and learned to deal with us "douchebags"... you'll be fine, suck it up princess

PS... I didn't bother watching the video, I heard it was too long.

ok i understood the first few hundred times about the avy coarse and i considered it and i will do it but once i got to hear it constantly than thats when i get tired of it and start to show some attitude. like really if i was standing behind you and constantly poking you sayin "no your doing it wrong. thats a bad mistake" im sure you would eventually lose it. Also we had gear. and yes it was not on me. because all the spares went in 1 back pack the rest of the spares (food, water, clothes shovels, and 2 probes) was in each backpack slightly the ONLY REASON i had it off of me were on the climbs that were flimed because it only weighed me down and caused me to get stuck on the hill a few times with my 600. so now. is anyone going to take into consideration of what I have been sayiing for last couple pages.

Clayton Kerton

Reaction score
Don't worry kid..... Joey actually quit the site the first time, but eventually he came back and learned to deal with us "douchebags"... you'll be fine, suck it up princess

PS... I didn't bother watching the video, I heard it was too long.

k... its not that long. if you only look at certain parts. like lets say mine for instance its only about 4 mins long maybe. the whole thing is 11mins or so.

Top Bottom