Let the Predictions start, What's in for 2023??

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im a utility guy. I would like to see power steering on the DOO wide body Gen 4. Maybe a dedicated pulling chassis as well as the old Groomer Special from Cat and Yamaha

Now continue with Mountain Sled Talk
I am nowadays too. Mountain days are long gone. Would be nice to have a small tundra again maybe a 146 with a one cylinder under 350 pounds, 65hp like the Yamaha transporter.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be nice if they came out with a bare bones budget moutain sled. like an updated version of the summit sport.

Maybe a carbed 850 or something, otd for 12,500. Ish 🤣

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Y
I would be happy with an 880cc Patriot going into the Polaris but I don't expect it this year. I heard when they were developing the Boost they were also playing with a bigger bore motor. For me this would give more torque and likley not increase the weight and keeps things simple. The Boost is great for guys at higher altitudes but not needed in most of BC. For Doo a new chassis is needed to attract guys like me. Light and skinny. Cat has come a long way with the current chassis and motor, basically squeezing all they can get out of it. They will need a lighter chassis but don't expect a new motor in the first season of it. It will be 1-2 seasons before a new powerplant surprise.
I laugh when I see or hear people who are overweight talking about making a sled lighter....
Hit the gym, skip the Tim Hortons donuts you'll be way farther ahead.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So once you are in shape can you wish for a lighter sled?

Not every sledder is out of shape, some of us take care of ourselves lol
fair enough but still makes me laugh.
Kinda like seeing an over weight person load up 5 plates of food at the buffet and then grab a glass of diet pop....

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Y
I laugh when I see or hear people who are overweight talking about making a sled lighter....

Kinda like seeing an over weight person load up 5 plates of food at the buffet and then grab a glass of diet pop....
My exact thoughts, the amount of money people will spend to lighten up their sled is insane. I'm not saying I eat super healthy but I'm in the gym 4-7 days a week, makes a big difference on the mountain!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ive met tethair, hes not a fat ass either lol

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
25 lbs off your fat ass is different that 25lbs off of a machine that you are trying to maneuver around. Losing weight will for sure help you but the sled weight would make a bigger difference

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Y
Yes but the fact is they won't. Nice to be in shape and have a light sled.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The truth is the lighter the guy, the lighter the sled needs to be. You want to throw the sled around and not have it throw you around.

Im not a super light guy, im big, tall, strong, good cardio. I can wrestle a heavier sled around, but id rather ride a light one still.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The truth is the lighter the guy, the lighter the sled needs to be. You want to throw the sled around and not have it throw you around.
if your body weighs less it can move more weight and carrying less weight your heart doesn't have to work as hard.
My buddy is 5-8 140 lbs and he throws his 850 around like nothing.
Light sleds are great as long as it doesn't affect strength.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to think that too until I rode with some tiny guys in Hyder that were amazing. Be surprised if they were over 140.

Top Bottom