Let the Predictions start, What's in for 2023??

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Free for all who "Knows" or thinks they know what will happen for all brands 2023 models!?

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Textron gives up on snowmobiles ?
Would expect some changes from doo. Maybe narrow things up, turn up the boost to match the poo, possibly new chassis it’s been 6 years for the G4. Polaris might bring out an electric sled. Hopefully cat and yami have something up their sleeve! With the logistic issues things might all stay the same and hopefully they can deliver sleds next year.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat - The lewsuit with Doo hurt Cat, and in order to get rid of that issue I predict that Cat will introduce a new chassis soon - whether it will be ready for 2023 is still up in the air. They narrowed the clutches and all roads are leading to a new chassis. There's been speculation that a 900cc 2 smoker is on the table, but I'm not sure that would be enough to compete with boost so in all fairness, they will need to introduce a turbo or partner with Speedwerx and get a supercharger in there. I don't know how that would impact their emissions targets as well, and they always said the 1000 didn't sell great so I'm struggling with the idea of them releasing a 900. .

Doo is a wildcard here - they've had really good sucess with the turbo, so why mess with it right now? The chassis is "dated" by Doo standards since its been around a few years, but honestly it works well so again, why really start messing with things

Poo - had a big year for the Boost so likely not much. hopefully they just spend the year refining the issues that they've created with fuel pumps etc and making sure they get the sleds out the door.

Yamaha - would love to see a factory turbo on the CTEC. Time will tell.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard today Alford has spent quite a bit of time on the 23 and said it is really good. People will be very impressed. Thats all he would offer so take it for what its worth.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard few times from different people that the doo is getting an upgrade in the tunnel/track/skid department. Likely 15" wide and no (rear) cooling. Possibly some plastics to go with the 34" front end. To me it's similar to the changes the Matryx got over the Axys and I bet doo will treat it something like the XP-XM and run with it for a few years before anything major in the powertrain/chassis again.
Supposedly they are in town right now working on clutching.

What I would like to see from doo personally, is better serviceability, especially out in the field. The poo's can have the plastics off with almost no tools and plugs changed in a few minutes. Meanwhile, even after pulling about a dozen screws and several wiring plugs to get the hood off, it looks similar to the underhood of a new superduty.
I was pretty interested in a fancy gauge, but after finding a decent gps that works for sledding, I like the idea of being able to remove it easily and also not being being stuck replacing a very expensive part in case of an abrupt interaction with a tree.

Last edited:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo will have a new rear skid finally. Chassis will stay the same. Plastics will be updated. I still expect to see a smaller machine for the teens available at some point. I could see little change from Doo happening for spring, balanced by a big rollout from Lynx in NA, followed by a big mid season release from Doo. Smaller 600R will move up to a 650. 900T will come in a 146 length.

More interesting will be how each of the manufacturers handle snow check programs after the way deliveries went this year.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cost of doing business is astronomical these days. Don’t expect much. Especially with the delivery issues this year. I suspect with the 100k snowmobile sales in North America the changes are going to be less and less to keep costs down going forward. 20k plus snowmobile and wages haven’t followed…what demographic are they targeting? Seems broken to me.

I would say all 4 are focusing on electric versions now with the way things are getting pushed for zero emissions. So the r&d investment on new combustion engines will be not worth it as time goes on.

Yamaha will be the electric motor supplier for all of them. 🤣

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have heard few times from different people that the doo is getting an upgrade in the tunnel/track/skid department. Likely 15" wide and no (rear) cooling. Possibly some plastics to go with the 34" front end. To me it's similar to the changes the Matryx got over the Axys and I bet doo will treat it something like the XP-XM and run with it for a few years before anything major in the powertrain/chassis again.
Supposedly they are in town right now working on clutching.

What I would like to see from doo personally, is better serviceability, especially out in the field. The poo's can have the plastics off with almost no tools and plugs changed in a few minutes. Meanwhile, even after pulling about a dozen screws and several wiring plugs to get the hood off, it looks similar to the underhood of a new superduty.
I was pretty interested in a fancy gauge, but after finding a decent gps that works for sledding, I like the idea of being able to remove it easily and also not being being stuck replacing a very expensive part in case of an abrupt interaction with a tree.
Totally agree there greenthumb. I struggle to change a spark plug in a heated shop. Not sure with cold hands how easy it would be to do on the hill. Hope I never have to find out. The hood assy is a joke in my opinion. Gotta be an easier way.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cost of doing business is astronomical these days. Don’t expect much. Especially with the delivery issues this year. I suspect with the 100k snowmobile sales in North America the changes are going to be less and less to keep costs down going forward. 20k plus snowmobile and wages haven’t followed…what demographic are they targeting? Seems broken to me.

I would say all 4 are focusing on electric versions now with the way things are getting pushed for zero emissions. So the r&d investment on new combustion engines will be not worth it as time goes on.

Yamaha will be the electric motor supplier for all of them.
Yamaha already has its emotors developed ....

Top Bottom