2023 Skidoo Expert Turbo

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tbh I could give 2 clucks about track speed anymore … I’ve been there done it for 27 years - I’m just just gonna ride & tour.
We gave up on that years ago. As you get older the desire to sit at the bottom of the hill all day taking turns climbing where you probably shouldn't be has worn out its welcome. Now its about fresh air, seeing some country and making tracks with buddies. Less wrenching that way as well.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Interesting talk on the snowest podcast. Biggest thing I heard from these guys who rid the 9r, boost and skidoo G5 turbo r is it seems they all loved the new chassis on the G5 and the expert with the new rigid skid, no more wobbly wobbly seem to really change the way the sled handles. Also said the throttle response on the new turbo r was more instant than when riding the Boost.
G5 isn't a new chassis lol

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And Its impossible to tour around the mountain and enjoy the scenery without a 30,000$ g5.

So its money well spent 🤣

(Just kidding btw. I appreciate all the mint used sleds for sale)

Only reason id get one, is so i could beat the ever living chit out of it though...

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still no mono rail though. Thats what it really needs.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not sold on the monorail, but the 3" track they put on the Alpha kicks the sheet out of any other OEM track out there.

Ya the the track on the cat works ok. The mono rail is a gimmick imo just like t motion.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the new innovations were designed to make it easier for novice riders to pull over the sled. The problem is most don’t know what to do after the sled is on its side lol
100% agree but not just novice. As I get older, the less pulling to get the sled to come over the better. At the end of the day, my back and shoulders seem to be much better off on my Alpha vs the twin-rail. Not saying its better or worse, but man is it easy to spin around with less effort.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the new innovations were designed to make it easier for novice riders to pull over the sled. The problem is most don’t know what to do after the sled is on its side lol
Ya, reminds me of the Polaris guys saying a doo can't hold a sidehill. :smiliestirthepot:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a chance to ride a turbo 154 G5 in Revy over the weekend and I have to say it was incredible, insane and nimble! My 19 N/A Summit X is ancient tech vs the new sled, cant believe how far they have come in 5 years! I was really impressed to say the least.
I'm coming off a '19 FreeRide... hoping for the same!

Top Bottom