Let the Predictions start, What's in for 2023??

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im 6 foot 3. Is that short these days? Lmao
With heels and platforms sure.
Plus the ch!t snow makes anything go, just as well ride ATV's into the mountains soon......LOL
I have a buddy telling me to go pickup an Elan, he having more fun on it then his turbo Polaris these days LOL

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With heels and platforms sure.
Plus the ch!t snow makes anything go, just as well ride ATV's into the mountains soon......LOL
I have a buddy telling me to go pickup an Elan, he having more fun on it then his turbo Polaris these days LOL

Ok shack. Youre so hardcore...

98ca7464b573bfd44898b5cae41a7f26.jpg

Last edited:

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty tight with all the dealers in Kelowna with 30+year relationship and even work relation with some over the years.
Like I said, though a rumor Cat supposedly has something for 2023, Chassis wise. This was info. given to me by a Cat rep. in the R&D last winter.
If I was in the market for a new sled, I would wait and see.
As for Yamaha, they are the most tight lip in the industry and a mystery. I personally like the current status quo. Only a full revamp of the Winder would make me replace mine, till then it remains my main go to and my 2smokes are secondary.
Mid March I will have a Polaris T850 for a couple days, thank you mmperformance Kelowna.
BTW, I'am in the position of replacing one of the 2smokes.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...... This sport will be obsolete in another 30yrs and I wont be around to care.
I've been saying the same thing for 10 yrs and I sure hope we are wrong but unfortunately we're probably not too far off with that. At the rate its going, sleds will be $35,000+, more riding areas will be closed and seasons will only get shorter. Snowmobiling will be an elitist sport or it will be the only actvity that some people do.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I've been saying the same thing for 10 yrs and I sure hope we are wrong but unfortunately we're probably not too far off with that. At the rate its going, sleds will be $35,000+, more riding areas will be closed and seasons will only get shorter. Snowmobiling will be an elitist sport or it will be the only actvity that some people do.
and price of fuel over $2.00/litre...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been saying the same thing for 10 yrs and I sure hope we are wrong but unfortunately we're probably not too far off with that. At

Rode until june last season, same as every other year for the last 30....

I havent been around since the ice age, like some of you guys. But in my life time the winters have been pretty consistent.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 2022 pricing will stay strong i think. a gently used 2022 is 6000$ cheaper than the new G5 and its still an awesome sled.
Yeah, but for lots of folks, getting financing on a used sled is going to be harder, when financing one is 8-10%, and 20K for a used unit is a lot more, especially on any gently used units near 3000 kms that will likely need a $3,500 top end replacement within a year of ownership.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode until june last season, same as every other year for the last 30....

I havent been around since the ice age, like some of you guys. But in my life time the winters have been pretty consistent.
LOL I ride until May most years too but we're the anomalies Dan. Last year it was mid-April because of the extreme low snow, but lots of my riding buddies typically quit in late March or early April due to other obligations and lots aren't interested in "hardcore" spring riding.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL I ride until May most years too but we're the anomalies Dan. Last year it was mid-April because of the extreme low snow, but lots of my riding buddies typically quit in late March or early April due to other obligations and lots aren't interested in "hardcore" spring riding.

Thats why i love it. May long weekend you can have boulder mountain all to yourself.

Sledding is getting pricey, always has been though.

I see mod sleds coming back.

Pick up an old beater cheap, mod it up to hang with the new chit.

Dont need to buy a brand new unit to have fun on the mountain. At least i dont

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My guess is another 5years this sport will be done, due to pricing.
Maybe the commodity surcharge is a carbon tax?dunno.

Look how the prices increased over the last ten+ years. Even the motel I stayed at last year has doubled its rate. Fuel is almost 1.00 more per litre.
In Sweden and Norway I read their gas is 10 dollars a us gallon. That’s why you see people towing sleds with small trailers and cars.

smc

Reaction score
Like I said, though a rumor Cat supposedly has something for 2023, Chassis wise. This was info. given to me by a Cat rep. in the R&D last winter.

pretty sure there’s nothing new for cat till 2024, in the mountain segment anyways

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think to myself at the beginning of each season that it should taper off due to hard times in the patch and most industries now.
nope. keeps getting busier. i go during the week and it is still quite busy. early bird gets a parking spot and the others don't.
its kinda looks like private sales have tanked because there is no financing. doesn't compute for my way of thinking.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This sport isn't going anywhere, its hard enough to get a snow check and used sleds are selling like crazy and for a good price. I don't see less people in the hills either! Maybe people start to cut one trip out a year to offset the costs a bit but saying sledding is done in 5-10 years is just a bit extreme, sound like the leaf lickers crying about the world ending every year lol. If you're worried about the costs of the new turbos that have limited warranty and are going to need rebuilds then get something that is more reliable.

Top Bottom