Kanedog discovers a Clutching CATastrophy, again. Pics!

powwow

Reaction score

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents are that the team clutches work extremely well, no belt issues at all and very efficient. Its really to bad that this durability problem has arouse. Cat needs to put the pressure on Team to solve this issue. It's funny how many issues come out of using venders for key components, I imagine Team is under the gun right now.

I blow a belt every 200miles. Belts are $300.

Each clutch that is cracked is $1300 (retail). If the the clutch explodes it’s probably more like 5 to 6 thousand dollars. Primary, secondary, plastics, clutch guard, pipe, and maybe bulkhead.
Also need a new engine when the clutch explodes.

Last edited:

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Each clutch that is cracked is $1300 (retail). If the the clutch explodes it’s probably more like 5 to 6 thousand dollars. Primary, secondary, plastics, clutch guard, pipe, and maybe bulkhead.
You have a bad one. Cats in general are not and have never been belt blowers. I always buy a spare belt with my new machine and end up selling it with both belts after 4000 km. Only once have I blown a belt after 1500 miles and it was a RTK 925.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have 900kms on my current belt, clutches are just warm to the touch. I paid around $900 for my team roller clutch when I changed to it.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have a bad one. Cats in general are not and have never been belt blowers. I always buy a spare belt with my new machine and end up selling it with both belts after 4000 km. Only once have I blown a belt after 1500 miles and it was a RTK 925.
Johnny wrecks everything, he rides hard.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

crazy. I haven’t touched a belt for 2 seasons on cat. Prior to that my record was 16 belts in one season on 2018 850

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crazy. I haven’t touched a belt for 2 seasons on cat. Prior to that my record was 16 belts in one season on 2018 850

16 belts in one season? Why on earth would you keep riding it? Were you doing the same thing every time expecting a different result? That's nuts! Either you or your dealer needed to get to the root cause long before 16 belts were put in it! lol

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your not riding hard enough if your clutches are warm to the touch. Dont care how well your dialed

Even my old T-nytro didn't run hot clutches 250hp and 1800kms on the first belt, you're just used to BRP heat generators. If you ever rode anything else you would discover egg cooking clutch heat isn't normal.

Last edited:

sethier

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents are that the team clutches work extremely well, no belt issues at all and very efficient. Its really to bad that this durability problem has arouse. Cat needs to put the pressure on Team to solve this issue. It's funny how many issues come out of using venders for key components, I imagine Team is under the gun right now.

Kinda like BDX and their diamond drive...

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The diamond drive was great except they put one cheap bearing in it that caused all the problems.The clutches had a spyder breaking problem back then as well.I guess they never learn.
Kinda like BDX and their diamond drive...

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your not riding hard enough if your clutches are warm to the touch. Dont care how well your dialed
Was riding last week in 4' of untouched heavy snow , burnt over 50 liters in 50 miles and my clutches were never hot enough that i couldnt touch them, youve been on a doo to long and have become accustomed to it

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Your getting hosed at $300 a belt, i pay $200 plus tax

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Hardy har har! Mods! Mods ! Mods! Can you clean this thread up back to #702? These kids are fighting about whoever has the hotttest belt is the coolest sledder. The manufacturers and Sledders are using this thread as reference and it makes us look like the kids we are. This historical S&M thread should be preserved in its purest form. Haha. Now everyone sit in the corner and feel shame.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hardy har har! Mods! Mods ! Mods! Can you clean this thread up back to #702? These kids are fighting about whoever has the hotttest belt is the coolest sledder. The manufacturers and Sledders are using this thread as reference and it makes us look like the kids we are. This historical S&M thread should be preserved in its purest form. Haha. Now everyone sit in the corner and feel shame.

Can we talk about your turbo killer for a bit?

Top Bottom