Kanedog discovers a Clutching CATastrophy, again. Pics!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I will send mine in for balance at the end of the season

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a thorough inspection on my clutches the other day and they are good so far. No cracks and very clean .

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Note the additional crack at the balancing hole. This clutch is named one crack, two crack.

This thread is pretty cool when you think about it though. It has
1. Helped Cat owners detect a problem b4 clutch explosion occurred.
2. Saved a potential injury for consumer
3. Saved many a tow out, heli ride costs
4. Saved the consumer large repair bills
5. Saved Cat tens of thousands by early crack detection, less warranty costs. No bellypan, pipe, clutch replacement, a arm, hood and side panel replacement or human appendage replacement.
6. Saved Cat a few million in lawsuits due to injury.
7. Helped Cat see the issues because apparently there isn’t one. Cat has not sent me a check but they did send a spin doctor.

Cat has not acknowledged this issue or put out a safety bulletin to owners. Why?

Here at Snow and Mud, the truth gets told, Sledders get knowledge and problems get solved! We are here to help!

31afbf6ebd033bed90de713c66b07cdc.jpg

The above are my beliefs.

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good move on blacking out the password Johnny. Some enterprising guy like Cat 401 may beat you to the punch and they will never know they have a problem. HaHa! Waiting...……..:peep:

holy ****!!....where the fawk does that remark come from??????????

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents are that the team clutches work extremely well, no belt issues at all and very efficient. Its really to bad that this durability problem has arouse. Cat needs to put the pressure on Team to solve this issue. It's funny how many issues come out of using venders for key components, I imagine Team is under the gun right now.

Top Bottom