Imploding or running outta air, Titanic sub disaster, pick your death!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
We do so many crazy things in life and this is a hard one for me, would you rather die instantly from implosion have to spend 4 days with 5 people in a very small space knowing that you will run out air, no communication with the outside world and stuck in a dark cold place with no chance of helping yourself get outta this pickle. I also wonder how you would deal with bathroom issues, man it would be a long wait for help, if you had a gun on board would you exercise that or wait till your last breath hoping to be rescued? Netflix movie coming soon I am sure.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard the billionaire owner of the company is down there as well. He went up in I think Bezos rocket earlier and has been in sub to bottom of Mariana Trench recently. His luck may have finally run out.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be a long painful wait. I heard they have up to 96hrs of air. Be a long time probably in pitch black. Instant death would be welcome if you were sitting there struggling to breathe

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of the news reporters said there is no way to rescure them if they are at the bottom

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sad or unfortunate situation indeed...

I Hope for the best too the friends and family (s) of those involved including the rescue teams on seen...

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
watched a US tv report from a few years ago and the reporter kinda called this operation pretty sketchy, the submersible is Macgyvered and used nitido game controller

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Ya know I get taking on a little risk for experiences. but this is something no matter how much money I had I wouldn't risk something like that. this operation and the sub has been called into question numerous times in the past.

that said I would wait it out until I could tell the air was running out......then I'd want it to be over.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is a f**ked up situation. They have tracked down a winch rig with enough cable that can winch the sub to the surface ( if they find it ) however it just left newfoundland and by the time it arrives to the area they will be long out of oxygen before the other sub that's enroute can hook the cable to it and yank it out. Thats a big operation in itself hooking a 13000ft cable to a submersible with another submersible.

I'm pretty sure it imploded for all of the safety and communication backups to fail instantly like that. there was multiple communication and resurfacing redundancies that haven't been used.

the worst part is, the hatch is secured with bolts from the outside so even if it magically came to the surface they can still die because they cant get out.

thats one mission i wont be signing up for. Im good with the new 3d model and photos

sudden death for me please.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope My human side stands out in this awful situation...
Remain wize in the harts and minds for anyone or everyone whom encounters grave dangers that surround us at any given time...

The Snow and Mud Hart Spark...
20230513_155634.jpg

My hart goes out too those in this situation as well as the many that are taking part in the rescue mission as it stands ...

This is simply a terrible situation no matter what,,, i refuses too take this or other events of Misfortune lightly since this involves human lives of loved ones ...

I'm humbled and hounded too be part of our great Snow and Mud community,,, and too those that also stand out over and above our call of duty...

Thank you too those for keeping this thread civil the best We can...

I'm not going to elaborate any further since my job is to remain stead fast on how i feel at this moment in time...
knowing that folks alot like us are in a terrible situation of their part or not...

I hope that others chime in with hart felt messages of kind words for friends and families that would truely love our support no matter what...

Yes ,,, I'm normally the clown on alot of threads,,, always drive them off track and bring some crazy comments too the table,,, guilty as charged i suppose...

But ,,,

There are particular threads that i dair not drive off track,,, perhaps this is one of them...

I listened too the Boston News report 30 minutes ago...

Hummmmm as I weight out my own personal thoughts at this moment forward...

Be well all,,, purhaps I'll chime in on a later date with no back reading since my life and moments remain in the now Spectrum...

The next few hours will play havoc on me as well as others lm sure,,, A piller of strength when its needed most...

My human side...

Be well too all ...

Don from Western Canada

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised at the levity and humour in various posts. Five people are dying as we speak, or already dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom